Cleaning Up After FULL TIME Hacks

I sat at my suppliers today from about 8-1 getting some things worked on my truck. I saw every type of cleaner come through the doors. I can honestly say my customers better appreciate just how good they got it when I clean for them. Almost every person that came in was either dirty, dressed sloppy, uneducated, their trucks or portables were horrendous, and they were all complaining about spending a little money for their supplies. I guess tomorrow the .35 a foot and up crowd will be in.

Greenie

59% of the 80% are recovering hacks, they don't count, they actually know what the internet is.

40,000 !

I need to reach out some more.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
80:20 rule
80% of the cleaners don't know what's going on and aren't doing as good a job
20% know what's going on and are doing a good job

Of the 20%
80% are doing okay but just doing the basics
20% are going the extra mile

Just look in your own town to verify.
Out of 100 cleaners,how many could you ethically refer?
And out of them, how many are the top cleaners in your area?

Ernie G

Ken, your a smart guy right, how are polls taken about any subject, by samples taken. You've been in this busn. a long time, what do you guess the percentage is? From what I've seen in my 34yrs. its about 20%-quality and 80%-hacks, half of them don't care, and the other half don't know any better. Thats my opinion, you have a right to yours.

Ernie G

Daniel, thats very true, and many times I have observed the same exact thing in the same situation. My intention was not to put anyone down by the statement I made, I think its true in any trade.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I agree with opinions ernie- though I feel they are worth virtually nothing till the source is verified. I actually believe you are probably low on your opinion, I just wanted to bust your balls a little for stating it like fact or like some scientifically arrived at conclusion.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I'm with Ernie. I talk to A LOT of cleaners from all over the country and his numbers are about right....maybe even low, because the most clueless aren't calling me.

The internet has and will continue to do a lot to educate our industry. As the old timers who are resistant to technology and change cycle out I think you will see a gradual improvement.

Take care,
Lisa

harryhides

Name
Tony
I've heard closer to 80-100k carpet cleaners in N.America.

Just count the number of Companies listed in your yellow pages and do the math for 337 million population and that would give an idea of how many Companies, not Technicians. There are now 50k Certified Techs but I think that one person Certified in two courses counts as two.

Keep in mind their are loads of so called carpet cleaners in Janitorial, restoration and large facilities like Hospitals and Universities and they are even listed in any Yellow pages.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom