Cleaning Zipper vs. TRex Jr.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
NO dry passes???
I know you have a short attention span, Topeka man. But part of the deal with the zipper having two vacuum slots is that usually you don't need to:
.. Lockhart pull-extracted with the Zipper and made two drying strokes (forward & back ). . .Larry
You wet clean on the forward movement. The back glide will already pick a lot of moisture on the way forward, and the dry pull movement will actually extract twice.
Therefore, if one wet pass... and repeat after me....all together now... 1...2...3 dry passes.
If you do a wet pass on the push and pull, you may want to add an extra dry pass.

Of course, one could be from Topeka and in that case do 12 wet and therefore 36 dry passes. Because...well.... it sure beats watching the grass grow.

Ask Dan :winky:

Last edited:

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I still don't see the point of comparing a rotary extraction tool to a straight wand head (even if it has two vac slots)

If the zipper had 1 jet angled forward 1 jet angled backwards and so on (overall 3 would spray ahead and 3 behind) it might be interesting to see what it does. Erik, have you tried a manifold that was set up like that?

We tried putting jets towards the back. It made it so you didn't have a stop and start point. It was actually counter productive. When cleaning with the Zipper Wand, you want to focus on the front vacuum port. That was not the correct way to use the Zipper, you mine as well be using a wand. The Zipper is made to be spraying on the front and back stroke. If a dry stroke is needed, it only needs to go over the area once. I can promise that the second dry stroke pull out virtually nothing. So, they basically went over the carpet three times and were less effective with their cleaning.

BTW Larry, can you post the video.

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
You wet clean on the forward movement. The back glide will already pick a lot of moisture on the way forward, and the dry pull movement will actually extract twice.

We tested cleaning ability on pull strokes and push strokes . . .

The cleaning was better on the pull extraction strokes . . .

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
This is what was said:

Then Lockhart pull-extracted with the Zipper and made two drying strokes (forward & back ). . .

I use to wonder where Larry scored his weed from. lol

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We tested the cx 15 vs both versions of the zipper old 15.5 and newer zipper.
20150220_154627.jpg

Zipper trigger held going forward and back with a dry pass on left.
Cx15 on right two cleaning passes with a dry stroke.

A view from the other side to make sure lighting from both sides can be seen.
20150220_154644.jpg

Cx 15 On left zipper on right.

Both sides measured about the same when it came to how much moisture after cleaning.

After that we hit that traffic area with the trex jr just because I wanted to play with it a bit.
20150220_163850.jpg

Reactions: Erik

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Even after a few cleaning passes with the cx and the zipper and having a few other guys that just happen to be in there and wanted to play as well made some passes, we hit the whole area with the trex jr and was surprised to see a good collection of sands and other soils on the head of the trex jr.
20150220_162143.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Larry is one smart cookie. "Lets do some test cleaning to get the show room cleaned.Ray what sucker should we call to clean....I mean test machines with us?"
:lol:

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I knew you could clean Mike. You should kept playing,
Even after a few cleaning passes with the cx and the zipper and having a few other guys that just happen to be in there and wanted to play as well made some passes, we hit the whole area with the trex jr and was surprised to see a good collection of sands and other soils on the head of the trex jr.
20150220_162143.jpg
Maybe it came from the dirty areas.;)

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Both sides looked pretty much the same. According to the moisture meter both sides were within .2 between both readings, so both recovered very well.

I then proceeded to show Larry how we use the zipper to extract on floods.

You should have seen his face as I began to flood the showroom with water!!

I then wated a few and proceeded to extract and it was reading the same as the cleaned areas were reading.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
20150220_162143.jpg

That was my point too when doubting the comparison. The Zipper is really good for what it is but it is not a "rotary digger upper flusher sucker".

I only cleaned 58000 sqft with the Zipper so I have an idea what it does....... and I love it for my back!

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Marcus
The cleaning ability of the zipper has to do with bumping the water flow to 12-14 because it can handle the extraction if you have a large enough engine and blower.....
The disadvantage of rotary is always the swirly curlies and the electric cord and the corners and clumsy around furniture. I stopped using mine years ago because you could still see whir lies on some commercial carpet.
shouldn't need agitation in 2015 with the advance in chems vacuum heat and tools like the zipper....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom