Clearly the most important layer...

Becker

Name
Becker
IMO it is very important that the client enjoys the experiences with your company.

Notice I say "experience"

Something I learned a long time ago..

The job you do is important.
I mean if you suck as a cleaner, make changes to become a better cleaner.

Average cleaners - worlds best cleaners can do well in this business. But only if they have another qualities.

When you leave that house, they not only need to happy with the job, but they need to like you, trust you, want to do business with you again.

The keys to making them love the experience with your company are.

How the call or booking process is handled.

I answer all my own calls. Or return all my own calls. Be sure you or whoever is answering your phones conveys the attitude that their job is important to you. No matter if it is a min job, or possible your record dream job. All question and concerns are important. I don't bash other companies, or methods, however I explain my I feel my method is the best, and offer information for them to research the methods and choose for themselves. ( luckliy the mills love HWE )

I give my clients option to book a job.
Phone
Text
Email

Sundays I rarely answer my phone.
2 local calls came in sunday. I did not answer,
But both booked via other options.

If you have techs, I'd suggest riding with them from time to time as an assistant to them. Let them be the lead as if they would if working alone or as lead tech on a 2 man crew.

Evaluate their work of course, but take great notice as to how they deal with the client.

I have an amazing memory. I can always recall details of the last time I saw the client, and I always make it a point to inquire on how the wedding went, or the graduation party, how is your father doing - he was in the hospital last time I was here. Something, you will be amazed how great it makes the client feel to know you remembered something that was important to them. Even more so if they know you do 700 jobs per year.
If you don't have a memory like mine, make notes.

A tech that has been with you awhile can use this tool. Different tech same client might not be able to pull it off as well.

Most clients take pride in their homes, without sounding like a brown noser. Comment on their yard, interior decorating, color choices on thew walls. But try to avoid commenting directly on things in the house. Like nice 60" lcd, or stereo system. Comments like this can make some client uneasy.

If the client is leaving you to complete the job I make it a point to be sure how they want their house secured when I leave. A lot of time when it is only a locking dead bolt at the front door and they suggest leaving it unlocked or, locking it with a key then putting key under the mat. I suggest I can leave via the attached garage, stepping over the sensors as the door comes down.

Things like this convey you care about their property.

I hope you love pets, and kids.

Almost nothing is more important to a client then their children, then their pets.
Clients with no kids, but pets really have a connection with their pets.

Again, showing attention to the pets, and children will go along ways.

Offer other services, or suggest other services, but try to avoid being a salesman. Most people don't like to be sold, but they do not mind being given options.

Goes with out saying.
Clean looking equipment
Being well groomed
Well dressed
Try to avoid smoking a cig just before getting to a clients house, or while at the clients house. As a smoker you might not know just how strong and offensive the odor is shortly after smoking.
You van have an oil leak? Fix it. No one wants oil stains left in the driveway.

I could go on and on, and many here might chime in.

But the key to a service business like this, is good work, and great customer service.

For the year so far 64% of my sales account for repeats and referrals. 50% of that repeat.

In past years I think the repeat business might have been higher, but like a lot of the county we have suffered a lot of home lose, relocation, divorce, job lose, etc.

So be sure you are offering a great customer experience to your clients.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
When does your guru package come out and how much are you going to try and yank from me ?

Just kidding, good info Becker!

gavin

Becker said:
I
In past years I think the repeat business might have been higher, but like a lot of the county we have suffered a lot of home lose, relocation, divorce, job lose, etc.

Then you should get 2 repeat clients !gotcha!

good points.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Good post.

I learend way more about how to respect the customer and act like a pro by working for others than I did about cleaning.

I have a question somewhat on topic.

What do you say when a customer compliments your work, equipment, advertising ect?

I tend to act modest shrug and just say thank you.

It occurs to me I might gain more ground If I said something like: Thank You, I have worked tirelessly refining my cleaning method to offer superior service.

Becker

Name
Becker
Thank them. Be honest. And enjoy the dialog that follows.

It is feedback. You as. Bussiness owner can learn a lot from feedback.

Becker

Name
Becker
gavin said:
Becker said:
I

Then you should get 2 repeat clients !gotcha!

good points.

Sometimes. But often it turns into 2 households on the same income.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom