Clickety Click!!!!! DANG!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The cause of my dangness was my starter on my box truck. I was lucky. It only clicked once. But once was enough. It was in my customer's driveway after I finished the job in the cold rain. It was cold because I forgot to bring my jacket.

I had just picked up my truck from the shop that just replaced my belts (145k miles old) and replaced a steering bar. It was coincidental that the starter had went bad the same day I picked it up. But when I took it off yesterday to replace, I saw that it was wore out with the amount of play in the cogs. And that new starter sound was so smooth. I was surprised how rough the old starter sounded compared to the new one.

I was so glad to find a brand new Napa one also with lifetime warranty. Normally, all you can find is remanufactured ones with a 1 year warranty.

How long have your chevy 6.0's lasted before you replaced your starter?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Another good thing. There wasn't any core charge, so when I make my metal run at the local salvage yard...I'll get a few bucks$$ back when I bring them this old starter and my two old Royal Vacuums.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
The cause of my dangness was my starter on my box truck. I was lucky. It only clicked once. But once was enough. It was in my customer's driveway after I finished the job in the cold rain. It was cold because I forgot to bring my jacket.

I had just picked up my truck from the shop that just replaced my belts (145k miles old) and replaced a steering bar. It was coincidental that the starter had went bad the same day I picked it up. But when I took it off yesterday to replace, I saw that it was wore out with the amount of play in the cogs. And that new starter sound was so smooth. I was surprised how rough the old starter sounded compared to the new one.

I was so glad to find a brand new Napa one also with lifetime warranty. Normally, all you can find is remanufactured ones with a 1 year warranty.

How long have your chevy 6.0's lasted before you replaced your starter?
We have some units with the 6.0 motor that have over 200,000 miles on them. And a lot of start and stop with the carpet cleaning service. I honestly think we are still on the same starters on every one of them except for this dang new Butler of mine LOL Christine

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I sat outside my GM dealership again today.

They are apparently not knowing anything about owing me money the GM corporate authorized to pay me for loss of use...

So... I called GM corporate.... It escalated quite quickly to the next level in GM

Looking forward to hearing the entire story why local not taking care of this or truly not knowing.

It's been an expensive starter....

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
So will this be the last brand new van you buy?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
So will this be the last brand new van you buy?
No... Just will never buy anything from my local GM dealership.

They have caused the issues.

GM corporate has actually been good trying to take care of things.... No I look forward to what they can share with me

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Unless a problem throws a code. A lof of mechanics don't know where to look.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom