Client "said" he prevac'd!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Well, he said he vacuumed before I got there. Nothing on the surface at least.
guess he needs a wee bit better machine.
You never know what lurks below!!

from just 7 ft of the hallway, from the fridge to the wall. I vacuumed with my back to the lino in order to pull the pile up better, ie against the nap.
08-09-29Vacuuming3.jpg

08-09-29Vacuuming1.jpg

then I vacuumed the living room
08-09-29Vacuuming2.jpg

08-09-29Vacuuming4.jpg

then the rest of the hall and the bedroom, about 350sf all total
08-09-29Vacuuming5.jpg

Becker

Name
Becker
Ok break it down.

350 sq ft...

How long to vac?

How long to clean?

Total time on job?

Did I miss ya at connections?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Ron you are f'n nuts, but if that crazy anal s--- gets you work good for you!

If I worked for you I don't think I could hack it.

He is MONK the carpet cleaner!

Keith

Able 1

Name
Keith
steve frasier said:
way to insult the home owner :lol:

One time my custy was vacuuming in one room, when I was in the one that he just vacuumed (did feel kind of weird doing it) and pulled three containers full! I don't vacuum most jobs unless it's bad.

Keith

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Becker said:
Ok break it down.

350 sq ft...

How long to vac?
about an hour
How long to clean?
about the same, including set up
Total time on job?
2-2 1/2hrs (with mucking around with some set up and pics)
charged $184
The challenge is, it didn't look like the vacuuming would have taken that long. Normally a 1 1/2 hr job.
But when I start vacuuming and see that soil coming out, I just can't leave it there. :roll:

I guess my point with these posts is , who would leave that soil there?

Did I miss ya at connections?

Nope. I didn't go to Connections this year. With the new truck going, just trying to pay everything off, buy a few more tools, and keep on going!

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Amazing how much crap was in there. Stop posting those kinds of pics though dude. You're giving some of us hacks a concious.

Albert

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
No offense but it Looks like more bulk than there really is IMHO,

Lots of fluffy carpet fiber with dirt surrounding it making it look like solid grain soil.

But you kept all that out of your waste tank!

Greenie

Ron, that is all you got after 3 hrs of suck mop?
I'm a bit disapointed, what ever happened to the days you would show a full canister for a short hall, or 5 canisters on a single job, or the days where you actually had to re-book the cleaning cause you ran out of daylight vacuuming?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Greenie said:
Ron, that is all you got after 3 hrs of suck mop?
I'm a bit disapointed, what ever happened to the days you would show a full canister for a short hall, or 5 canisters on a single job, or the days where you actually had to re-book the cleaning cause you ran out of daylight vacuuming?

Only had one job where I told them I had to come back the next day. 2 rooms, not more than 100sf each, lots of HOST!! after an hour in one room I was falling asleep vacuuming! Came back the next day , spend more time in that room and then the other. Nice and clean.
My record, so far, is 14 canisters of soil from about 200-250sf, carpet deodorizer powder.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Ron,

Some people are giving you a hard time, but I think half of it is "tongue in cheek", and the other half is mostly undeserved.

Most of the time I think you are proceeding in a very principled manner to do a fine job. Dry soil removal prior to HWE is the most misunderstood and overlooked part of the cleaning process. The insoluble matter is many times more difficult to remove if you have not taken the time to do it before you introduce moisture.

Most of the criticism that arises is due to two seemingly disparate operation values that the cleaner has to deal with. First is the science of cleaning, second is the business of cleaning. The system science tells us to remove all the dry soil that is possible with dry vacuuming, prior to the implementation of the restorative method. The business of cleaning tries to force us to strike a balance that might lessen the amount of time one can spend in order to make the acceptable profit margin on our labor. The expectations of both the customer and the cleaner will dictate the manner of influence the business of cleaning will have that mitigates the "thoroughness" of the total cleaning process. Moreover, the customer and the cleaner may have differing definitions of "clean" that further influence, what is most often, the compromise solution.

Whether the customer appreciates your thoroughness, and you are making an acceptable profit is something that is alone to your circumstances. If it is working for you, I say bravo! You are not only doing a great job, but your message is valuable to all who read about it.

As I see it, the only valid criticism might be the amount of time spent vacuuming, not never the thoroughness. As such, the only open question is whether the equipment or the technique needs adjusting. Neither of which is detailed in this thread, hence not much comment could be made...only questions.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Hey Ron,

Great job vacuuming. I love it when customers tell me they already vacuumed and there is stuff all over the carpet and it's so obvious they didn't.

Kevin asked the brand vacuum cleaner you use but I didn't see an answer.

I take at least 30 minutes pre-vac'ing carpets sometimes longer depending on the total square footage even if the custy did vacuum. I had one customer say, "Wow, the carpet looks GREAT!!" I said, "think this is good, wait until after I clean it!" She just looked at me with her eyes open real wide.. :shock: yeah, kind of like that. She was very happy after I cleaned and gave me a $10 tip.

I think it is worth the extra time if you don't have a second or third appointment, to take your time and vac well.

Again, Good Job!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
A 18 inch Hoover Conquest would make short work of that.

15 minutes top

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
You wouldn't have even know it was there with either a pile lifter or the Hoover.
You would have looked at the carpet and thought, Why bother!

I was cleaning a place tonight, had to dump the canister 4 times.
I was thinking of why I made this post. It was because the soil was "unexpected". The place I was cleaning tonight I "expected" to get a lot of soil, the carpet looked bad!!
The place I have shown here didn't look that bad. I did not expect to find that much soil in the carpet. But it turned out to be quite a bit.
It was mostly sand, not lint. The guy worked construction.

Oh, I use the Cleartrak. it was an Amway machine. Can find it now at cleartrak.com

I like what you wrote Shawn. Very true.

M

Mark Imbesi

One of the functions of carpet is to hide dirt. If it looks clean, its dirty. If it looks dirty its filthy!

Becker

Name
Becker
I scrolled all his pics on photo bucket.

I have never seen so many pictures of a vacuums dirt cup!

Great looking truck!

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I've pre vaced most of my jobs this week. I hate you Ron. I won't even peak at any of your posts any longer.

:lol:

Albert

P

Phoenix Phil

Just have to say Ron is the Man. I saw him first on 'Youtube' and watched for 15 minutes as he cleaned. I have seen allot of hack cleaners over the years (Phoenix AZ is currently infested with a 6.95 per room bait and switch company heavily advertising in the main newspapers. It is nice to see someone who cares. I bet he gets tons of return customers and referrals.

If everyone cleaned like Ron maybe we could all afford the fancy trucks that the guys in New Zeeland run.

Keep the faith. Hope you have a good supplier for the vacuums. Even well built ones can't last forever!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
If you're looking to make the big bucks, follow Mike. I might do 600 in one job but it takes me 4-5hrs. or like today, did 1400, good day for me, but it was a 12 hour day. I did blow my first clients mind a bit with the dust I got from his house. Esp the talcum powder from the bedroom. Any other vac would have missed it and it'd still be in the carpet.
I'm always amazed at what comes out.

Rag Spinner

Name
Greg Vitagliano
Marc Imbesi said:
One of the functions of carpet is to hide dirt. If it looks clean, its dirty. If it looks dirty its filthy!

Ever hear of ATTRIBUTION????????

Greenie

You been here 18 months.....and this is your first post? How long can it take to hunt down a box of tide? :lol:

Rag Spinner

Name
Greg Vitagliano
Greenie said:
You been here 18 months.....and this is your first post? How long can it take to hunt down a box of tide? :lol:

I think since day one...............Can you say Cindeeeeeeeeee????

Lurkers Rule

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Welcome aboard :!:

Fill out your profile when you get a chance. :roll: Jimmy will crap himself again if you don't...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom