Client thinks we caused her hand made rug to fade

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
No, it was about 2 months ago, I’ve just been too ashamed to say anything.... even though I really believe it wasn’t my fault.... BUT, I was the last one to touch it, makes it my responsibility....
I don’t believe in that theory. Sometimes people knowingly put you in messed up situations. Like when you clean a rental and try to open the blinds and they fall to the floor because the tenant just lightly placed them in the broken track to make it look good. Or a weak circuit breaker in a house keeps popping after you just cleaned it with your porty. Sorry. That “I’m the last person to touch it” stuff doesn’t fly with me. I had a lady try and get me to pay for the replacement of her wiring.

If I truly mess something up, I take responsibility. But I’m not going to be the fall guy for someone else’s stupidity.

Last edited:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The key to reducing claims by taking photos is to make sure your customer knows you take them. Keep them from even trying to pull anything rather than proving that you caught them lying.

Crazy people don't care if you have photos because they live in their own reality, but scammers look for easy marks.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
If I could get the rug from her we would put it in the same spot as the original before pictures and take pictures from the same angle. The pictures are from the same camera, because all cameras are different.
We do have waivers and she did sign it, but I was posting this situation to make sure I wasn't missing something. If I thought we damaged her rug I would be writing a check, but I don't think there is any problem at all.
She got tired of this ugly rug and she wants you to buy her a new rug.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

steve_64

Keep the rug until paid or the court case is over imo. Having the rug available for the judge would be huge if there is no damage.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom