Clueless Rug Shop owner..

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Vegetable bristles with costco laundry detergent? I'm amazed how some people get so much money

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Please show Lisa Wagner this. She needs this in her life.

Last edited:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I mostly feel sorry for his guys. With his volume he could probably afford some labor saving equipment.

Nothing wrong with paddles for moving dirt, just a lot of work. The larger shampooer is actually less effective at digging deep, so is less effective removing soil than a smaller head, but will do less harm as well. Most well-made Oriental rugs will stand up to that treatment just fine.

Lots to pick at in the video, but he's far more truthful than any of the magic water on-location cleaners.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I have no idea what was said. No options for transcription. Definitely looks looks bad

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I recall being in a class there several years back. Two sons had taken over for the father who started the business. One son gave us permission to do a class there. The other son was not aware. During the middle of the class, he came in with his buddies and told us all to leave. Even brandished a gun. That was an interesting day.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I'm getting humored by this guy. Especially when I'm buzzin' on a few beers
I'm with you 😁🍻
20190316_125916.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The guy might be a little arrogant but there is nothing too wrong with his cleaning. I use a 175 with nylon bristles on fine rugs, been doing for over 30 years, never damaged a rug yet. He wouldn't be the first guy to use laundry detergent, if that's what he's doing. From what I can see, he's doing a much better job than a lot of guys out there.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Actually his system cleans rugs very well, but the burnisher is scary. we prefer a Cimex. I'm sure he vacuumed the rug in a different room. Just left this part to save time. His guys do have to work hard. he would save time and labor costs with machines.

Costco detergent!?-- might be ok considering he is using large volumes of water, squeegees and a centrifuge to rinse out the water and soap. it would be a different thing if using the extraction system. 50g is ok-- its rug not an astronaut that's going in it.

This is the guy's marketing video. Its geared towards the consumer, not carpet guys-- he is using simple terminology that they can understand. The company name is Hadeed, which leads me to believe that the owners are Persian. They probably know more about rug cleaning then most of the people making comments on this topic.

I offer both in-home and in-plant cleanings. I inform the customer in-home cleaning doesn't clean the rug as well because we cant properly flush/flood the rug in the home. With the in-plant we flush/flood the rug many times.

I do hope that wasn't fringe bleach he so carelessly poured on the fringe in the beginning.

Reactions: Cleanworks

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
I sold him my custom rug hanging system years ago that came out of my former rug plant. I arranged the delivery and installation of it as well. My staff told me that they would never go back to do anything for him ever again. He had a MOR machine then that was in disrepair and needed our help. Let's just say I graciously declined doing further business with him after the incident. He even came back later to me again inquiring about buying 3 centrifuges. I graciously declined his overtures and suggested he look elsewhere. Apparently he did. Admittedly, he makes interesting assertions about many things.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Sadly, Hubris can alienate people, and become problematic if the person is a Dick also.
Maybe when he is more mature, he can be self confident and kind as well.

Reactions: Cleanworks

rhyde

Name
rhyde
He's annoying to listen to and probably spend very little time actually working his own wash floor. That said, he has a big wash floor looks like he does some volume

Reactions: cleanking

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Sure beats taking those Persians down to the Tigres or Euphrates and banging them on rocks. !!LOL :biggrin:

Reactions: J Scott W

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom