coaching programs

do these coaching programs actually work, there are various programs out by sucessful cleaners claiming to get you off the truck. just wondering if anybody claims success through these programs, is it worth paying for their services, if so does anybody have these mentor program they would like to sell me?

Name
I'm Rick James
Im no Guru but here is how I understand the business. This job is 80% customer service and 20% cleaning so always keep that in mind with whatever you do.

Create a system for your business, this will be the foundation of everything. An example is using full circle to answer your calls, service monster to route and send out reminders to your previous clients. A step by step guide from when the customer enter till when the customer completed along with follow ups

Create a image that your target market will like. I target women so my stuff is geared to them. I had help from designers to create my image, so dont be afraid to sub out the image building. That was one of the best choices I made.

Create a business and marketing plan. This will be your guidebook this can save time and money, many here can offer great advice to help steer you in the right direction. Accepting good advice is key for growth.

Understand your target market, what they think and how they would want to be sold. Understand that you are going into their safty zone, its important to put them at ease. Good ways to do that is smile, hand shake, direct eye contact, well groomed, hand them your card and listen to their concerns and be confident in what you do.

Just doing it is the most important thing. Ive never taken any coaching programs, but the basis of business is simple if you think about it and majorty of that info you can learn here. The thing the BB cannot do and those classes can is get you amped up and excited about your business.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If you are not the kind of person that self motivates, a coach could be helpful. Coaches make you accountable and keep you on track towards reaching your goals.

You might check out your local Small Business Development Center, this type of thing is offered to you at no cost.

If you gain some help and experience growth then you can always pay industry related coaches.

http://www.sbdc.uh.edu/sbdc/Grow_Your_B ... =221595216

Name
I'm Rick James
Success is a great way to get you excited about business, so lay the foundation for success and it will come. And keep the ego grounded too.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
I'm a coach, and I have two coaches myself (one for strategically planning the next 10 years of my company and life - and the other for improving my copywriting and marketing skills), and one personal trainer.

The great thing about being your own boss is you have no boss. But the bad things about it is you have no boss. No one telling you what to do, when, and to get the MOST important stuff done.

Coaching creates accountability, and give guidance. Even the best in the business can use that. Look at star athletes or performers - they don't just suddenly "arrive" - they continually need to hone their skills and ramp up their game.

We are no different. So what type of coaching you get depends on how you learn, and how self-motivated you are.

If you are a go-getter, action-taker - your coach may need to simply by the right books, or video training, or group coaching calls, or maybe you want the interaction of in-person masterminds where you learn from equally motivated peers.

I've always had coaches in my routine - it's how I keep my game up. I pay $10K a year for Strategic Coach, flying to Chicago quarterly for one day. I pay $10K a year for my copywriting coaching program - we meet quarterly for a day. And I can track the results from having clearer thinking, the ability to bounce ideas/opportunities to others, and the training.

My personal trainer trained my muscles - the other coaches train my mind. That would be the reason to do it - because if you learn how to think and strategize better, that is like upgrading your operating systems - EVERYTHING else runs better.

For some it works - and others just aren't coachable. It's just not their thing.

Hope that helps,
Lisa

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Terry,

Every top performer and athlete on the planet has a coach ... it's no different for those who are at the top of the entrepreneurial game. But maybe you're not aware of that.

I made a distinction that some get their coaching from books - and some look for trainers or peers. Whatever works, as long as it's helping you better your best. We all should be striving to be better at what we do in all aspects of our life.

If you actually were capable of getting out of that "I know everything, so shut up" mentality, you might actually enjoy ramping up your own game... then you can get some new material instead of same stuff you always post.

But... being the king of negativity and insults - that might be what you want to be. If so, then I have to tell you that you are absolutely EXCELLENT at it. :) Keep it up because you are certainly leaving a really nice legacy of empowering people to live a bigger future here. The value and helpful advice you deliver on the forums is just simply astounding. Truly...

Lisa

Al

Adding a business coach to my staff was the best thing we have done, It's not about needing a kick in the pants, I have more drive than most, It's not about having half a brain or not being able to things for yourself, I’m a creative genius:roll: It's not about having someone to answer too or someone to tell me what to do.
It's about surrounding yourself with people that have the talents you may not have or don't need to have.
Henry Ford is a great example:
When Henry didn't have the answer to a simple question in a court room situation.
quote]Henry Ford pointed at the lawyer and said "let me remind you that I have a row of electric push-buttons on my desk, and by pushing the right button, I can summon to my aid men who can answer any question I desire to ask concerning the business to which I am devoting most of my efforts" [/quote]

Our business coach has been through the growing stages of business and I find it much faster to learn from his experiences.
I'm proud to have a business coach.
8)

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Al, thanks for chiming in. I feel the same way. I don't know why some in biz see it as a sign of weakness when it's exactly what you say - buying shortcuts.

Instead of wanting to be the smartest person in a room, I want to be around others I can learn from. That's why I've always been part of mastermind groups working on solving similar challenges.

If you get a good coach, or coaching group, it's a valuable investment.

I'd never give up mine...
Lisa

Bjorn

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/ind ... -marketing

do I KNOW everything of course not

do I need to pay for a life coach hahahaha

I guess I was lucky to have wonderful Grand parents with years of common sense wisdom
a father who like to play hooky from work and sneak in a round of golf or two

Getting great life lessons after pouring concrete with my dad and sharing a can of beer and talking about life while watching the cement dry

Having my Dad come to school going to the front office and telling the sectary we have a family emergency and he needed his son to be taken out of class for the day. The emergency was it was just too nice of a day for him to be at work and me to be in school when we could be out on the golf course.

dukes003.jpg

july3003.jpg

ALOHA004.jpg

ALOHA006.jpg

000_0062.jpg

000_0062.jpg

000_0165.jpg

hey maybe I could make apretty good life coach

Attachments

• 000_0062.jpg
    000_0062.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 102

Bjorn

I have a piano bar

july3006.jpg

notice that plastic is just as good as a bar top as it is for a waste tank

plastic003.jpg

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Thanks Terry for the pics - I enjoyed them. You should be a life coach - I bet you'd build a very interesting following.

Mikey - I'm part of Strategic Coach, and Dan Sullivan (the founder) is my coach. Joe and I attend that together. Joe has been in the program 12 years, I've been in almost 6. We do our best planning, and strategic thinking on creating educational experience for our clients, making business strategy decisions, and life decision. The group is comprised of highly successful enterpreneurs in all fields - from financial planners to brain surgeons. And Sullivan is one of the most profound philisophical thinkers living today. I fly to Chicago quarterly for that.

My other coaching program is copywriting based. I am an wickedly good writer - whether teaching or presuading - but it's an area I want to always hone. If I were a golfer - this would be my playing the Masters - it's an area for me to take something that is my unique ability, and get the guidance to make it better. The lead coach in this realm is John Carlton, one of the world's greatest copywriters living today.

Other coaches vary on topic - fitness, nutrition, etc. And of course mentors who I bribe with meals to chat about events, ideas, and impact I want to make on the world.

Joe and I have always been big believers that you need to preach what you practice. (As opposed to practice what you preach.) Coaching is am important piece of our success, and that's what we aim for our own programs to do for our clients as well.

So I'm a believer, hope that answers your question,
Lisa

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Bruce DeLoatch rocks. Great instructor, great coach, and all around great guy.

And Joanna is the secret to his success.. :)

Lisa

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well, Lisa thank you. I figure since bruce gave me a good deal on a truckmount, I could give him a try... So what your saying is........... bruce is successfull because of his wife? Well, hmm........ Yes, you ladies do keep us together, well, thats what we let you think anyways! lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom