Cobb Job

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
hell i wear white socks with black shoes all the time...

its how high you wear them socks, and what type of black shoes you got....

Moser Bros.

everfresh1 said:
Kevin P said:
First thing,add a little giant on the end,if you bump it up, it will get hotter than you will need,2nd,if you can use another form of filtration on the inline(maybe a bag in the entry to the tank?)those inlines Do resrtrict,and run that 4mp to 16hg,other than redoing the whole thing.

Before you go adding a little giant propane water heater see if this machine has a check valve that dumps hot water into the waste tank at a preset temp if it does it might be defective and dumping to early.

It doesn't have a check valve to dump hot water, I had to rebuild a pump cause I over heated it while using a waterclaw.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'll talk to Chavez.
Listen to your family high white socks is so OUT. Dude get the low cut ones that are just above the ankle.

Dats what I wear with shorts ankle socks and Asics.

or Cowboy boots (Ariat) and Levis.

Black socks? Only with dress pants.

Geezzz your wife dresses you doesn't she? :p

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
RCTPKS said:
I'll talk to Chavez.
Listen to your family high white socks is so OUT. Dude get the low cut ones that are just above the ankle.

Dats what I wear with shorts ankle socks and Asics.

or Cowboy boots (Ariat) and Levis.

Black socks? Only with dress pants.

Geezzz your wife dresses you doesn't she? :p

Chavez knows his fashion!

Jimbo

Pre vacuuming really cuts down the stuff on the inside filter.

Are you pre-heating under load?? That can really help a machine get hot a lot faster.

Greenie

Help for the Cobb Job:

It's been a busy day and half the night, but here is a 2.5" upgrade from the 2" plastic fittings, before and after:

DCP_1749.jpg

Cutting the blower mounting plate to allow for larger plumbing:
DCP_1746.jpg

Old dampners, NEW dampners:
DCP_1743.jpg

DCP_1745.jpg

Oil coiler installed:
DCP_1747.jpg

2.5 hook up installed over orig. 2"
and another shot of converted blower plumbing...still lots of bends, but 50% than before.
DCP_1827.jpg

DCP_1828.jpg

Disclaimer, this is NOT Lyon's Cobb job, it's Kevin Brenny's, and he did all of that work, but it does show how a whole lot of bang can be delivered for a few bucks and some sweat, now maybe Lyon can talk Chad into some steak dinners and get a hand with his Cobb conversion?

Chads

Supportive Member
I'm thinking turning the blower sideways and getting a new size belt then plumbing it might be easier.

Greenie

What would be your angle for the blower filter and access?

Personally, I think you have the right idea, just bolt a 2.5 flanged elbow to the "lid" of the filterbox pointed towards the blower, and use another threaded 2.5 elbow from blower and a rubber fernco to join em, and skip the blower filter, deal with filtration out front, that would make for some easy blower exhaust plumbing for sure, and a decent muffler, then that would allow the HX to only have engine exhaust, it would surely get hotter, but then you need to add a heat management system, not too bad if you ask me, simple. I would wrap that HX as well.

wired

Man what a PIG PEN . If I went to a client house with that truck they would not open the door period. No excuses. You should take a day off or maybe two in your case and take everything out clean it . I have a 98 Butler that looks brand new. I clean it out everyday. You give us a bad name......

Moser Bros.

Wouldn't I have to ditch my heat exchanger that I paid $1,000 for, It has 2" opening and it needs to be 2.5" if everything else is 2.5". Larry Cobb might know if I can make the opening 2.5" without ruining the heat exchanger, but I doesn't look possible unless I cut the end of and weld a larger opening. The opening from the blower and the motor will be the tricky part to cut wider.

gtech12v

Mr Larry that looks like a nice way to lay the truckmounts and the reels but may be you can put new pitures o videos of the TM you have for sale
this is how I think this unit can be better the blower is restricted by the way is plumbed the filter box is small , the engine also under power 27hp will be the correct size,the heat exhanger need's to be as close as posible to the heat source to get the maximun
water temperature if I was to make some changes to get better results what was mention will be the first thing I will do
I like the over the waste tank design ,the material of choice SS is the best ,your engine plate is great may be you can leave the HX in the same place just turn the engine sideways like the Judson to get the exhaust closer and a more appealing front panel

have a great day

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom