Cobb's Peroxide. What do you do?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
How do you guys deal with Cobb's peroxide.
If I got it right, it is Vol 50 which is about 15.5%

1. Do you convert it to a lower Vol (how? what ratio?)
  2. Do you ever apply it directly?
  3. Just glug into Hydro-force? (How much of the container?)

Any other sources for peroxide short of Sally's? Link please.

Reactions: Wade A

hogjowl

Idiot™
You apply it straight
As long as it’s man made fiber
Apply it before cleaning
And again after if needed
I apply it while vacuuming
I apply it with either a trigger sprayer or a watering can

Reactions: GeeeAus and ruff

FredC

Village Idiot
  1. No
  2. Yes. Sometimes with a spritz of ammonia to accelerate.
  3. I've been known to drop a quart in a hydroforce on piss jobs.

IDK of any that are labeled specifically for carpet cleaning use and Cobb's is cheap as well as supposedly formulated with additional ingredients (penetrants) for better performance.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I've never used Cobb's. I use Sally's 40 vol. They carry 50 vol but won't sell it unless you have a specific license. I use as a pretreatment on coffee, red wine residual, sometimes urine. If I need to leave something on without rinsing, I use a 2 part peroxide/ammonia solution.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
IDK of any that are labeled specifically for carpet cleaning use and Cobb's is cheap as well as supposedly formulated with additional ingredients (penetrants) for better performance.
I agree. And I am not at all sure that these "carpet" labeled products work any better than the regular peroxide with a boost of ammonia, at a fraction of the cost.

These "designer" peroxides, in a fancy carpet cleaning labels, IMHO are just way over priced.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The powder is definitely more stable, takes considerably less storage space, stays good till mixed with water and is less likely to leak in the van.

However you need to mix it, and once mixed it does not stay active much. The liquid peroxide actually will stay active for 6-9 months.

How do you work with the powder Ron?
Do you sprinkle on stain and activate or mix with hot water?
How long do you keep (stays good) once mixed?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I like a powder for boosting a HF

but prefer liquid for misting over stains while vacuuming and final touchup, 6% on wools 12% on synthetic generally but will go higher % if needed

Reactions: GeeeAus

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’m a matrix bad dog user. I’ve used several cases of Cobbs and I’ve found that the concentration isn’t the same every time. Some times it’s almost water and other times it’s too strong, like mentioned above. The matrix product remains constant every time.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Jeff T
I agree. And I am not at all sure that these "carpet" labeled products work any better than the regular peroxide with a boost of ammonia, at a fraction of the cost.

These "designer" peroxides, in a fancy carpet cleaning labels, IMHO are just way over priced.
I pay 63$ for 5 gallons of 29% peroxide, and dilute it with RO water to strenght needed. I also buy high proof ammonia aswell, and make my own 2 part.... I pay 1/10 th what I do from my CC supplier.....

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
we strictly used liquid for a long time then went to powder, now back to liquid.

The liquid will get the really bright neon pee spots that the powder wont, also when mixing a hydroforce the powder takes up "room" in the water so you end up with sludge on the bottom or having to use less pre spray if its also powdered.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I got a car trailer. :)

B1A2989C-63BF-4E77-B826-67289077D45D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom