Cobbs Powermax Problem

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I just switched to a inline a inline sprayer this pre spray will not work I mixed it super hot the stuff keeps plugging up the strainer its like the stuff has got like cotton fiber in it how do u guys get this stuff to work?

Goldrn boy

Mikey P

Administrator
I could never get it to draw consistently.

Larry told me it's operator error.

Don't have an issue with ANY other powder.

Nothing more frustrating than prespraying a whole house while you're whistling dixie, go to unplug your hydraforce and see that none has been drawn..

To be fair, I have not tried again in years and maybe the most recent batch may work fine.

Speaking of Hydroforces, I notice Flex w/ Citrus does not foam much when you spray real close, as most other powders do.....why is that?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Stuff plugging it up is like cotton that's problem shit was driving me crazy today gettin use to a inline very stressfu the cotton is not going to dissolve

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
No Problem here. We do mix in 5 gal jug and draw from it during the day. Less mixing in driveways.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
I repeat "Stop using the garbage then" because you have no clue how to use it because of operator error :stir:

Reactions: Ron K

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I like the stuff Ralph but have never used it in a inline sprayer very frustrating your right might have to find something else stockwell just pmed me and said powders ddon't work in hydraforces

Name
Lee Stockwell
HF and Spraymaster induction sprayers draw LIQUID chemicals only. Thus it's pretty "iffy" to dump several cups of dry powder in one and expect to get consistant or reliable distribution without some serious mixing.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
We,ve run all sorts of powders in the hydra force , Judson,prochem,Procyon ,flex. Never a problem mixing any of them. But I've never used cobbs...guess your back to picking cotton

Mikey P

Administrator
Stockwell is wrong.

I've been using powders in HFs since 1991 or so.

8 to 12 ounces in that 7 qt jug should not be the problem, assuming Cobb ain't using redwood shavings as his filler.

Mikey P

Administrator
I found that if I used Judson O2 and a encap type product together I would get those cottony like Clobsters clogging up the filter as well

You adding anything to the Powermax Waldo?

Name
Lee Stockwell
We've all put powders in injection sprayer and pump sprayers and given them "a little shake" with pretty good results.

It's still a poor practice. The stuff at the end, if the powders are finally completely dissolved by then, will be stronger than the first.

tngvegas

why not mix some up the night before and then in the morning pour it into a jug using a filter or strainer of some type?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
why not mix some up the night before and then in the morning pour it into a jug using a filter or strainer of some type?

Because it will lose it's potency. Especially if you have oxygen releasing parts in it. They will expire..

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Been using powders in Hydroforce for many years. Bio Break and now Flex w/citrus for the worst. Both work great and are designed to work in an in line sprayer.

Russ

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I think it is the enzyme casings. It's something someone told me years ago. The enzymes are encased and the casing don't dissolve exactly but they fall away and/or crack open (for lack of a better way to describe it) and the casings clog the sprayer filter. I use Enzall once in awhile and when I do I stir/mix it in a bucket and pour it into the jug through a small strainer. That's the only way I found to eliminate the plugging problem.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I just got a new hf valve and it came with this tiny screen. Cobbs plugs it every time. I will be replacing the screen with a larger one.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Last edited:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
and larry is right....

better filter....

holy shit it took a long time till someone got there:hopeless:

Reactions: Ron K

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I've used powders in our hydroforces starting just after being in the business 6 months. 6-8 oz powder fill HF jug 1/4 fill warm-hit water give her a couple of shakes and finish filling her up, no problems!

Reactions: Mikey P

Jay D

Name
Jay D
until you get used to mixing in the hf container, mix it in a bucket with hot water and a paint stir stick. put funnel in hf container pour should work fine. I use 1 cup(8ozs/4 scoops) to 1 gallon hot water in a normal hydroforce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom