Cobb's PowerMAX SDS

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I find Cobb to be inexpensive and not necessarily good or bad… I wish I could get a deal with a different supplier for a barrel near Tyne same price

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Good luck with that Marty. I'm probably going under the knife sometime soon for my neck AND my back.

FredC

Village Idiot
Cobb's Dynachem Powermax Prespray SDS

Attachments

• Cobb Dynachem Powermax SDS.pdf
    148.6 KB · Views: 510

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I didn't know rocks needed sds sheets.

IMG_2112.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: Mikey P and Nomad74

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I got old and still haven’t died
You can still be of great help to the business. I always found piles of paper on my desk and if I didn't have one of those weight things they would fall off my desk. You could be one of those weight things...a paperweight.

You could wear a sweater and be one of those round things that keeps drink stains off the desk.

Of course you could just run an ad for your replacement.
NEEDED: A older carpet cleaning technician. Must not like to work too much and prefer someone with affinity for recliners. Must not be racist although hatred for Democrats is preferred. Absolutely NO Roll Tide fans need apply. Must like to complain and bitch about everything...even if just for entertainment.

Seriously you can book work, add on extra work by just asking. "Do you need any upholstery cleaning done, we have a special this week". You can call on accounts and try stimulating work that was. You can cold call business both on the phone and in person.

There is a lot you can do without being on the truck.

• Haha
Reactions: Mikey P and hogjowl

Condog

Name
Tony
I am cleaning up my act.
I am printing out my MSDS or now called the SDS for the chemicals I carry.
I'm not having issues, except for Cobb's PowerMAX.
I saw a post from a few years back, where this was a problem.
The Cobb site is no help when it comes to looking for the SDS.

Does anyone have a copy of the SDS for PowerMax they can PM me?

Why doesn't the Cobb site post the SDS?
Just put proprietary ingredients and give the specific hazard class?

Edit by FredC: SDS attached for those searching in the future
Thank you Fred

Reactions: FredC

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Whichever one of you carpet cleaning millionaires buys Cobb's, please don't change the formula. It's one of the few presprays that doesn't give me an itchy rash from all the sulphates and it actually cleans great on residential. Middle age mommas love the smell too.

Reactions: Condog
Name
Lee Stockwell
Whichever one of you carpet cleaning millionaires buys Cobb's, please don't change the formula. It's one of the few presprays that doesn't give me an itchy rash from all the sulphates and it actually cleans great on residential. Middle age mommas love the smell too.
We loved it too, except when we got a batch made on Thursday.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
So did it get sold. and if still in business are they a reliable supplier?
roro
It did get sold from what I've heard, but Larry is going to keep making the chemicals. I haven't ordered from them since they were sold. I usually order 100 lb. of Powermax every July and I get everything else from Aramsco in Raleigh NC.

Reactions: Condog and Mikey P

Tom Forsythe

It's one of the few presprays that doesn't give me an itchy rash from all the sulphates and it actually cleans great on residential.
Who uses sulfates? Sodium sulfate is close to salt and considered a filler in my opinion. The rash is probably coming from something else as sodium sulfate is basically inert both in terms of health and performance. It does add bulk (weight) to any powdered formula making you think you are getting more for your money.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Who uses sulfates? Sodium sulfate is close to salt and considered a filler in my opinion. The rash is probably coming from something else as sodium sulfate is basically inert both in terms of health and performance. It does add bulk (weight) to any powdered formula making you think you are getting more for your money.
It's kind of hard to pinpoint which ingredient it is because so many ingredients are sources of sulfer. Even citric acid is on my do not eat list as well as iodized salt.

I just assumed it was sulphates since I've had a sulfer intolerance for the last 30 years that started after I was pumped full of antibiotics that were preserved in sulphites. It gave me severe headaches for 20 years and then after I had hernia surgery where I was once again pumped full of sulphites, it got to the point where I can't eat anything packaged or preserved without my heart pounding for 24 hours.

Even using Cobb's gives me a slight rash to my arms and neck but it doesn't itch like many other brands. I thought about just using Procyon boosted with some peroxide.

If you have any suggestions I'm open to try new products.

Reactions: SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It's kind of hard to pinpoint which ingredient it is because so many ingredients are sources of sulfer. Even citric acid is on my do not eat list as well as iodized salt.

I just assumed it was sulphates since I've had a sulfer intolerance for the last 30 years that started after I was pumped full of antibiotics that were preserved in sulphites. It gave me severe headaches for 20 years and then after I had hernia surgery where I was once again pumped full of sulphites, it got to the point where I can't eat anything packaged or preserved without my heart pounding for 24 hours.

Even using Cobb's gives me a slight rash to my arms and neck but it doesn't itch like many other brands. I thought about just using Procyon boosted with some peroxide.

I have been using Procyon for about 8 years now and rarely have to boost it unless doing a really trashed place. I use their extreme prespray and rinse with their plus powder. If you need more power, agitate with a CRB.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I have been using Procyon for about 8 years now and rarely have to boost it unless doing a really trashed place. I use their extreme prespray and rinse with their plus powder. If you need more power, agitate with a CRB.
I may give it a try again on carpet. I have a jug of Extreme in my van that I use for upholstery and wool. Best I remember, it cleaned OK on carpet.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
It's good 5 3 oz scoops per 4 to 1 hydro force.

Last step rinse on everything.

Most pre spray work the same.......

Mike p on sam's pixel 6 plus

Circa 2019

Reactions: Jim Williams

Tom Forsythe

I am not a doctor so I hesitate to recommend anything. It might be good to get an allergy test and help isolate. The sulphites you discuss are probably not the same as used in cleaning products. If your doctor has an understanding of the sulphites then he can direct you toward cleaning ingredients you can use safely.

The SDS mentioned sodium metasilicate, tri-sodium phosphate and sodium carbonate. Virtually all powdered pre-sprays use forms of the ingredients mentioned on the SDS. Most use solvents and surfactants to provide more cleaning balance to the pre-spray which are not mentioned on the SDS.

Soap free products like Procyon and Clean Free are primarily sodium tri polyphosphate (STPP) so you may be able to get your allergy doctor to test for your reaction to STPP. Good luck.

Most suppliers abide by California ingredient disclosure and list all ingredients used in the formula and are on the label.

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Try the procyon with liquid peroxide as a boost just a a couple oz.

Reactions: Jim Williams

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom