Cobb's PowerMaxx

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am out. I am going to reorder my JJ. I haven't gptten any response from Cobb, maybe he doesn't like me. That would make sense. I will try again in a couple months

frank

Name
frank pulido
I have been using power maxx for over a year and use only 2 oz per gallon and about 4 on heavy soiled carpets, I really like it. But I have not try jj02 jet.

Frank
www.pulidoscc.com

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Greg;

I apologize for the lapse.

We were doing a 3-Day Water Restoration school this past week and time got away from me.

Your concern about the "medium resoil rate" is not necessary.

The chart just compares all "prespray products" which includes our DC Encapsulate. It resoils less than any "conventional prespray". It would be a good rinse product @ low concentration for the best anti-resoil rate.

The PowerMax will compare well with Ultrapak TLC, and I believe, leave less resoiling residue since it has less surfactant.

It should also deliver good results on food deposits (enzyme) and coffee/coke stains (oxidizer).

Thanks for the consideration.

Larry

Mikey P

Administrator
Now that I have the Mytee BOSS I'd like to try the Cobb's PM again.

I could never get it to draw from my HF.

(in other words I need a 6am wake up call.)

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
higher pH's now a days are really not going to hurt anything...as long as you are doing a good rinse....

Wouldn't it strip the existing protectant on nylon before you even rinse?.

Albert

TimP

I may do a test later this week to see if Powermax removes protector from carpet. I've got plenty of carpet samples to experiment with. That way at least I'll know the truth!

Greenie

It may not on a one time clean, especially on brand spankin' new carpet, If I was gonna test for this, I would double up the concentration and let it dwell for 20 mins. to really give a worst case scenario.

Then try a water bead test as well as an oil bead test, might as well throw in a red dye stain test.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
The PH issue is way over blown.
We usually clean dirty carpet .

Rarely do consumers even get the warranty info.

And the warranty in all likely hood only covers the pristine carpet that lies under the furniture.

TimP

Powerburst is some potent stuff. I prefer to use that as a last resort. As it congests me and stuffs up my nose....continuous use would definitely induce a good cough and possibly a trip to the hospital.....at least in my case.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Well try some Hydramaster's BLITZ.

Has a lemon fragrance I believe.

Not much odor to the powerburst at 1 scoop a gallon for a multisprayer.

TimP

I don't think it smells bad or is strong smelling, i was amazed myself. It's just potent as hell and I guess my body can't handle the fumes. And I'm not sacrificing my health to clean carpet. Especially when something else can do the job. Even Zone Perfect, and Ultrapac get to me, I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get over a cough till I stopped using the stuff.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Jim, i am using a hydroforce at 500 psi. I meant to respond to your response on my other post... I dont have any pain or weird taste, just a cough, i cant tell if whats causing it is in my lungs or my throat.

TimP

I'm using an Omni now, but I was using a hydroforce. I had never used powerburst till I got an Omni though. So it's not just the hydroforce. It's the butyl!

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Grease eraser doesnt have any butyl, and thats primarily what i use. maybe its just an allergy i have to one of the products i use. it could be totally unrelated, I dont know. But i cant shake it.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
one of the biggest reasons I switched to the battery sprayer was the chemicals put me in the hospital for 2 days.............

as I was spraying the hydro-force.....to much chemical (and it did not matter what kind ) was going air born and I was breathing it..........there is a set of lip nodes in the center of your chest ( could be causing the coughing) and it pissed them off to where they were irritated and swollen.which caused me to cough and was effecting my breathing and in turn messed up my blood pressure...........long story short....I was on an inhaler and went threw 8 different cat scans and about 4 months of being prodded ...pinched... pricked and violated... before we could determine what it really was........switched sprayers....went about doing things a little different and I have been fine ever since..........something to think about.....

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Wow, thanks jim. I was thinking that there was no way it was my chems but after starting that thread and seeing the responses I got, I think it very well must be the cause of my cough.

tim

Go to CTI Extreme Clean for the nasties, it cleans just as good as powerburst, doesnt need to be mixed with hot water and is easy on the lungs. I have used Blitz, Powerburst and Extreme Clean and EC did as good or better with better mixing and no cough

Greenie

You guys are nuts, I wouldn't use any of that stuff, and I particularly hated grease eraser, who says it doens't have butyl, sure smells like it. Try some additional dwell time, and some agitation.

I've been meaning to ask Jim how in the hell the HydroForce vaporized more chems, that is a BIG jet on there, puts down a large droplet size. You would think a smaller jet size would put out a finer mist and be more prone to atomizing chem spray.

TimP

Greenie it's not the jet size it's the heat. TM's with heat will vaporize the water into steam which causes the chemicals to fill into the air. Unless you use a TM with lacking heat I'd skip a hydroforce. Anything with heat and I think it's not a good idea, in addition the heat changes the dilution rates. Battery sprayer is the way to go for those with heat IMO. Unless you plumb some water to come off the machine around the heat exchangers and I don't know if running an additional hose for a hydroforce would be worth it.

Greenie

If it's just the heat, you could fix that, pressure washing tip, white (40º fan), 4.5 gal flow not the 3.5 gal version.
But nothing wrong with battery sprayers.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I wonder if a small, cooling fin type device would work for the high-heat guys. Something in-line just before the HF.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
is everyone saying the best bet with Powermax is a battery sprayer rather than a hydroforce?

I was on the fence before but I have some leftover $$$CHACHING maybe a battery sprayer is the way to go

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I've been meaning to ask Jim how in the hell the HydroForce vaporized more chems, that is a BIG jet on there, puts down a large droplet size. You would think a smaller jet size would put out a finer mist and be more prone to atomizing chem spray.

all the tweaking and changes and stuff you have tossed out there and came up with........... things you have made..... and you of all people need a answer for this question ...................

I think I am going to have to start calling Nick........

Greenie

I take it we used the hydrosoaker a bit differently, I kept that tip burried, wasn't a 60 second prespray guy, a Hydro would barely make it through a 1600 sq. house.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
no wonder you have focused all your talent on "lift".............

you need as much as you can to suck all that crap back out........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom