Cobb's PowerMaxx

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I've been doing student rentals all week. Averaging a hydorforce container every 800-1000 s.f.
Believe me one gallon of diluted prespray per 100 s.f. is not excessive.
All you need to know is how to clean and extract properly.

Greenie

Talked with a super nice fella today, uses a 40oz. mini pump up, sometimes he uses a full sprayer on one house. :shock:
I didn't know what to say, hey if it's workin' for ya, who am I to say?

To me chemistry = time saver

TimP

All I can say is he must be running something pretty potent through his wand or has upped his dilution to compensate????

You know the truth of the matter is I find that people's expectations for what carpet is supposed to do is pretty low so he may just meeting expectations and not exceeding them like most of us do.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
so.................how much per-spray do you guys burn threw on a daily bases

TimP

I usually spray out about 150-200 feet per gallon. The past few days I've been doing some large CGD jobs. I've used about 2 6.5 lb tubs of Powermax for about 12500 ft of carpet. I mix 4 oz per gallon so you guys figure the math from that.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Tim;

At 4oz (vol)./gallon, you made about 32 gallons of prespray per 6.5#.

That 32 gallons did ~6250 sq.ft or roughly 200 sq.ft./gallon of diluted prespray.

Larry

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I found out today that one of the key ingredients in PowerMax is on allocation.

That means that suppliers can only buy a fixed percentage of the amount they actually consumed last year.

In practical terms, it indicates there is a shortage, which is usually followed by a price increase.

If you like the product, this would be a prudent time to buy at the reduced sale price.

Larry

P. S. Some vendors will probably switch to other less effective raw materials during the allocation period.

TimP

I finally got my shipment in today. I should be good for a good while. I bought 4 buckets. I figure it should last me at least a few months. I gotta say you get a lot of soap for your buck for sure with the buckets. All those on the fence try a case and if you like it get you some buckets.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Re: Cobb's PowerMax

Just a few comments on pH levels.

The Dynachem PowerMax has a mid-10 pH due to the percarbonate (oxidizer) in the formulation.

It is formulated to have that pH for an initial grease-cutting boost.

After a fresh water rinse, the pH will drop to the mid-9 range on the carpet fiber.

Premixed prespray solution still has the detergency, and citrus solvent to clean carpet.

It can be restored to original oxidizer content by adding some additional percarbonate, which also helps on dirty grout jobs.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom