Cobbs Products... Question for them and others who may use his products

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
He sells out of his house?

LA is pretty big, that address is 65 miles from where I am, it will take 3 days in traffic.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Schedule is not going to let me go this year........business before pleasure and I just have to much on the books to leave to one truck.....Thanks anyway...

BTW....

I don't know what you did with the powermax..but in all the years ordering the stuff this last pail has is the best I have ever had....I don't think you could ever get a mix as close to perfect as this one...........
If you can figure out what batch number I got on my last order ( there is not a number on the pail )... and set a few of them in a corner with my name on them...that would be great

Well Hell.........got my order in today....new pail of powermax....top is not popped up so that right there tells me there is a change...( you know it is going to be a good bucket if it looks like the top is about ready to explode ).....and there is a big sticker on it that says new smell..........is this going to be the standard now or do we have the option of staying with the "old stuff"....??.......

All my clients just loved the smell...I don't want mine to change.........I really do not want to go threw all this again...it was dialed in perfect....so before I open this can it be returned and send me what I have always got........

Scott Rogers

I got a sample of the new smell power max. Cleaned just like the old but had a different smell. It does smell nice, but I still like the old smell better. I hope we get the chance to have a choice when we order. being able to offer 2 fragrances that clean great will be a plus in my book

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I'm glad you liked the smell of the new fragrance, Scott.

It has been better liked by almost all of our customers.

Jim . . .

Give the new fragrance a good trial . . .

It is not that different from the old fragrance.

The citrus is still the dominant fragrance note,

but the fruit slice adds a nicer final aroma.

The new fragrance will grow on you,

after you have used it a couple of days.

If you are not happy, just send me a PM.

The lid expansion was just due to the heat releasing some oxygen.

No expansion, means there is more oxidizer still left in the pail.

So the batch you received should actually be stronger.

Larry

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I'm glad you liked the smell of the new fragrance, Scott.

It has been better liked by almost all of our customers.

Jim . . .

Give the new fragrance a good trial . . .

It is not that different from the old fragrance.

The citrus is still the dominant fragrance note,

but the fruit slice adds a nicer final aroma.

The new fragrance will grow on you,

after you have used it a couple of days.

If you are not happy, just send me a PM.

The lid expansion was just due to the heat releasing some oxygen.

No expansion, means there is more oxidizer still left in the pail.

So the batch you received should actually be stronger.

Larry

Over the years my experience has always been....if the lid looks like it is ready to blow off and the powder is nice and fluffy .........its a good mix....
If the lid has no bulge to it and the powder is sandy looking...you just got screwed on another bucket.......

Personally the smell does not effect me...it effects my clients....for years all I have heard..over and over is how it smells clean and fresh....
and for years....I have cleaned the same clients over and over....they know what to expect...they already have that smell in there mind...
and I could not tell you how many time I was testing something and they have asked me if I changed something...

I would prefer that they stay with the the smell they are use to......so is this going to be the standard now or are we going to have the option of staying with the old stuff....
in one respect it is kind of upsetting that I placed my order and everyone just assumed that this is what I wanted.....

I will give it a shot and see what happens........

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i am telling you larry....

HAVE 2 SMELLS, why do you think soda companies make so many flavors???

now with that said....when i tried my sample of the fragrance a few times people really liked it...and it wasnt to bad....

now as far as being premixed in the powder....well they sent me a 6lb sample.....so we will see...

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott Rogers

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I would prefer that they stay with the the smell they are use to......so is this going to be the standard now or are we going to have the option of staying with the old stuff....
in one respect it is kind of upsetting that I placed my order and everyone just assumed that this is what I wanted.....

Three weeks ago Larry said we would have to "Ask" for the new fragrance.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Kevin;

We have been sampling for over 3 weeks with the new fragrance . . .

and response has been overwhelmingly positive.

I am, as always, trying to improve the customer reaction to PowerMax.

All I am asking is to give it a try.

If you don't like it better . . .

then the original fragrance is still available on request.

Larry

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Kevin;

We have been sampling for over 3 weeks with the new fragrance . . .

and response has been overwhelmingly positive.

I am, as always, trying to improve the customer reaction to PowerMax.

All I am asking is to give it a try.

If you don't like it better . . .

then the original fragrance is still available on request.

Larry

That's fine I will give it a shot...but don't you think it would of been better when I made my order that who ever took it could of asked me what I wanted instead of just assuming that I wanted to try this out....

hands down I would of ordered the old stuff......and then more then likely I would of been happy to buy a smaller container of the new stuff to try it out...instead..I am stuck with a 5 gallon pail of something that I did not want.........

you never needed to improve anything about it...the only time when anyone has ever had a problem with it is when the mix is off......every body loves it....carpet cleaners love it....our clients love it....your making money with and we are making money with it....just the way it is....
we all have gone around this tree before...if it ain't broke...leave it the hell alone.........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom