CODE BLUE - out of their minds!

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
CODE BLUE apparently was assigned this by the insurance company (even though we were called by the homeowner).
I made it clear to CODE BLUE that we were NOT part of program ( although they repeadly tried to treat us like we were)
The rep demanded that we give them the technicians cell phone so she could tell him how to run the job.

I received this email yesterday ( 4 days after we started the job)
I love how they said they will generate our invoice! lmao
We refuse to comply with these people and have decided they can have all documentation AFTER the job is complete. I had one of their managers argue with me on this. his exact words were " If you don't comply I can't guarantee we can get you paid in a timely manner" he didn't care for my canned response of " That's ok, I'm sure the client and the insurance company won't mind a lien on the property". I hung up the phone.... lol
I'm tired of these people trying to manage our jobs. We are NOT on their programs for a reason......

"First and foremost, thank you for your response to our insured, ***** *******

We will use all information provided to create your invoice in our system to expedite payment to your company following mitigation. Once you arrive on site and have completed your initial job scope and inspection, please contact me so that information can be transferred to the file to ensure an accurate and expedited mitigation.

To help validate the services we provide to the insured in accordance with the TCT/IICRC’s S500 industry standards, please provide the following:

A signed Work Authorization (in PDF format);

Photos (jpeg format) - Front of Risk
Origin of the loss
Affected rooms (2 Minimum)
Equipment used
Pre and Post Demolition
Content Manipulation (if any)

Daily moisture content readings (Drywall, sill plates, oriented strand board, concrete, etc.);

Daily psychrometric readings (Outside, inside unaffected, inside wet, HVAC, dehumidifier exhaust);

Sketch of Risk;

Certificate of Completion will need signed by the insured once the mitigation is complete (in PDF format);

Certificate of Return to Pre-Loss will be generated and sent to you for signature.

A copy of your W-9 so that we can issue you payment for services rendered.

Once this information is received and the mitigation is complete, we can successfully submit the final invoice for payment. Keep in mind that the deductible is not to be collected up front and we will advise on whether it is to be applied to mitigation.

Thank you for your dedication to this loss.

Sincerely,
"

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The control is the problem I have with them.

We are the one's processing the job, we are the ones being held accountable for the work.

Therefore in my non-humble opinion we need to process it as we see fit with all respect to industry standards of care. :icon_neutral:

If after the fact
we cannot validate why we did what we did, by all means ride me then. But to beat me up and treated like a child is not only UN-necessary but degrading.

I don't disagree with their paperwork, in fact I think it falls short without IR thermal shots that should be included both pre & post drying.

All of the documentation will only help the restorer build a solid file as protection for themselves. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I agree with above, I won't except a job from them at all.

If they try to conquest the job I am already on, we simply just disregard them completetly as non of their policies/system apply to us.

I have a buddy in that I tried to warn about code blue, but he disregarded my advice and played ball with them. In the end a job that should have been around 7500-8500 (multilevel multi unit) he got paid about 2200 or less on. He spent hours and hours on this job and code blue made all of the money.

If you are not on their program, just completely disregard them including all phone calls and all common action for that matter, as you don't want them to have any recourse for any monies at all.

These types of companies won't learn, until all of us put our feet down and say enough is enough.

Because even if you do work for these types of companies you won't be "truly" profitable AND I WILL END UP BUYING YOUR EQUIPMENT FOR PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR AND SELLING IT TO COMPANIES WHO DO KNOW HOW TO MAKE MONEY.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Ralph Pastorelli
We had a issue with them a few weeks back as I posted here on some ones topic. This being after we told them we were not on the program and to stop calling us and they said we were still active. They called us last Friday with a loss again and my lead tech was sitting next to me when they called. I put CodeBlue on hold and asked him his opinion on taking the loss. We made the decision to take in since we had not gotten a water loss in almost two weeks now it's been slow. We went and looked customer signed papers we called with scope that took forever and had my tech call reading in for three days. They emailed me a bill of what we would get paid and it was $2808.57 and when I had already did a Xactimate bill to send them to build off mine was only $3112.17 I was shocked and accepted the bill except for the dump fee was lower than it cost me again just like the last claim so they raised it another $70 . I was shocked and was wondering how they were making money on this claim and the insurance companies name was Midrox. I'm actually glad I took this claim and also I received payment for the claim from a few weeks back already transferred to my bank account. So there is some good in them until the next lowball offer comes from them.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
the problem is that if you are on program, you MUST doo all work they get assigned at the discounted rates they offer. Be careful

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We considered them a couple of times mostly after they made pitches at trade shows. However thanks to the internet and those that voice their dissatisfaction with them, we have steered clear.

This business is hard enough without adding more complications to it.

Reactions: tmdry

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
They just tried to tell me that we were still one of their contractors! abahaha.
We have 4 more they have been assigned to! Starting to get pretty rude with them.
I forward a copy of the email where one of their employees stated that their independent testing shows that replacing the primary filter on a mold job isn't necessary. ( contrary to IICRC standards)
i wont deal with the idiots anymore

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The problem with most of the programs is they more concerned with saving money than doing the right thing.

There are somethings we have to do
that they are not wanting to pay for. They act as if we are only padding the bill and are less concerned about liability.

They only care about a cheap price and want you shoulder the liability of doing something less than the standard of care.
:errf:

Last week we had a commercial large loss adjuster that was willing to pay for us to remove the ceiling tile and clean the deck but would not allow any money to clean all the wiring and conduit, ducting in the air void.

We asked him why it wasn't on his itemized list and he said "I'm paying you enough, there is enough in there. Just do the right thing and hit it while you're up there." There is no fat in the line items, "do the right thing"??? :angry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom