Code Blue

Carl Terzian

Name
Carl Terzian
It to bad that we have to deal with these third parties like Code Blue !
Big nuisance to industry and we never give them the time of day every time they try to reach out to our firm.
Their goal is to have you accept them and the constant low ball comparative bids on work already completed ,Our contractual service agreement is with the property owners for a specified dollar amount prior to emergency services rendered .
Code Blue comes in after the fact and try to bully water damage companies to forward documentation for review?
Are you freaking kidding me?
I hope all you people out there put your foot down and give Code Blue a piece of your mind when they try the same shady stuff with you.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
F

FB7777

Flip side is I’ve seen some water damage companies place 15 air movers and 1 dehue without doing any water extraction in a 400 sq foot space after a water heater break

leave then there for over a week and try to collect from the homeowners insurance

if you can’t document your progress you don’t deserve to be paid .... these jobs ain’t cheap

and I’ve yet to run into a Restoration guy that isn’t boasting about how much money he pulled off a job from extra equipment rental

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Code Blue sucks but like Fred mentioned our industry did it to ourselves. All the stoopit Cowboys fooked it up for the rest of us.

All these low amp draw airmovers that barely move enough air to dry but add up in numbers you can charge, make no sense.

Phone adjusters that don't allow you to dry wet structure because its says on their software everything should be dry, also make no sense.

Drying a home is about more than drying carpet, some materials dry slower depending on how it got wet and how long it sat before drying began. Structural materials dry slow compared to other surfaces so you need to adjust your drying plan, your drying chamber and often equipment you're using. Facts lost on algorithms.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That’s why I only clean. I don’t want to become a negative sour puss like you two.
Sorry, but I'm a sour puss! 🙂

Screenshot_20210105-203723_Google.jpg

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
It to bad that we have to deal with these third parties like Code Blue !
Big nuisance to industry and we never give them the time of day every time they try to reach out to our firm.
Their goal is to have you accept them and the constant low ball comparative bids on work already completed ,Our contractual service agreement is with the property owners for a specified dollar amount prior to emergency services rendered .
Code Blue comes in after the fact and try to bully water damage companies to forward documentation for review?
Are you freaking kidding me?
I hope all you people out there put your foot down and give Code Blue a piece of your mind when they try the same shady stuff with you.

If you are talking about when you are done and they come in after the fact and armchair QB your project - best way to avoid the issues are proper documentation. Hand it to them with your invoice and tell them to take a hike (as long as everything you did is justifiable against the current bible (S-500).

Photos:
Initial (front of risk, source of loss)
Affected (all affected areas before anything is done)
Completion (showing any/all demo)
Equipment (pics of every piece set)
Debris (show that it's bagged)
PPE

Dry Logs: (initial and daily)
Exterior rH/temp/GPP
Uneffected rH/temp/GPP
Drying chamber rH/temp/GPP
Dehu output rH/temp/GPP

You have to make sure you sized your dehu/s right, and installed the proper number of AM's

If it's right - they typically walk.

Work Auths
Certificate of Completion

MICA is a great tool to have. It handles every piece of it for you. Your PPD
s and AM #'s will be spot on every time. Organizes your photos. Builds the dry logs. Even lets you implement your own work auths and completion certs.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If you are talking about when you are done and they come in after the fact and armchair QB your project - best way to avoid the issues are proper documentation. Hand it to them with your invoice and tell them to take a hike (as long as everything you did is justifiable against the current bible (S-500).

Photos:
Initial (front of risk, source of loss)
Affected (all affected areas before anything is done)
Completion (showing any/all demo)
Equipment (pics of every piece set)
Debris (show that it's bagged)
PPE

Dry Logs: (initial and daily)
Exterior rH/temp/GPP
Uneffected rH/temp/GPP
Drying chamber rH/temp/GPP
Dehu output rH/temp/GPP

You have to make sure you sized your dehu/s right, and installed the proper number of AM's

If it's right - they typically walk.

Work Auths
Certificate of Completion

MICA is a great tool to have. It handles every piece of it for you. Your PPD
s and AM #'s will be spot on every time. Organizes your photos. Builds the dry logs. Even lets you implement your own work auths and completion certs.
How is MICA vs Xactimate?

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Two totally different tools. Mica is what you are going to use to run your job, compile data.

When MICA is used properly, at minimum your export will have all photos, equipment logs, dry logs, and all your required documents signed.

Xact is your estimating ware.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom