Code Red and Seal-A-Cobb

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Today I had a little tile job. As luck would have it, I ran out of my Viper Venom. Well, actually, I didn't run out. I hit a speed bump and the jug bounced out a hit the floor of my van, spilling out the contents everywhere. So in a pinch I used my SS Code Red. I'm seriously thinking about not buying any more tile cleaner and just sticking with the Code Red for my tile work. It cut right through all the crud.

I then sealed the grout using Mike's technique with a flat microfiber mop and some Dynachem sealer, a.k.a. Seal-A-Cobb. Sorry for calling you Mellon in the video Mike :). Making a video and sealing grout with one hand is not easy.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Does the sealer need to puddle up more in the grout for more adequate penetration to give it better seal?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
it was a bit faster than my trusty grout stick that everyone hates.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAT

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Now I'm not going to sleep tonight. Damn it.

I can't tell if you're kidding or not. Now I'm going back to check it tonight.

Last edited:

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Now he gunna run back job site thinking he did something wrong with his work... Thatll be funny

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Thanks the Schwartz, im not superstitional, and free from karma.

steve_64

I used power max on a couple tile jobs instead of viper. Worked good but a little harder to rinse.

Scrubbed with crb and grout line brush around edges.

Sealed just grout lines with viper and the little brush and bottle doodaddy.

I'm really liking the tile work.way easier than carpet.

Reactions: Nomad74

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
2,500 square feet of tile and grout. Very dirty residential that had been color sealed.
Sprayed down with Saiger Code Red and rinsed 500psi with a PMF tile wand. No scrubbing and finished 3 hours later... Beautiful.
mbmytile.jpg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
2,500 square feet of tile and grout. Very dirty residential that had been color sealed.
Sprayed down with Saiger Code Red and rinsed 500psi with a PMF tile wand. No scrubbing and finished 3 hours later... Beautiful.
View attachment 76177
Looking good Bob. That grey grout doesn’t let you get away with anything. I’m amazed at how well CR cleans tile.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I haven’t used tile cleaner for years now. Cobbs power max, flex citrus, saigers blue or red, it all works great. I love powdered stuff. I don’t have to worry about it going bad when it gets cold.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom