Coffee stain on upholstery

Sal K

Name
Sal
Hey guys, new carpet cleaner here. I will appreciate if you can help. I need some advice for removing coffee stain from upholstery in the picture. I understand that for carpets we can use oxidizer if it is regular coffee and reducer if it is decaf. How about upholstery? Can I use an oxidizing spotter like Just Like Magic on this or should I get Bridgepoint's coffee stain remover? What would you use? Thanks
Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 11.22.18 PM.png

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Two thing is u get transfer (a lot on a wet towel.
Cold water rinse ,force dry...
If it does not simply pop ,most coffee removers should solve this.
But force dry regardless watch that seam...

Reactions: Sal K

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Have you tried just rinsing it? Hard to tell from a picture but it looks like a general purpose neutral ph spotter and rinsing could go a long way.

I wouldn't use any stain removers or harsh bleaches unless this is salvage cleaning and the homeowner knows there could be discoloration.

Upholstery is very unforgiving, a process that works on carpet can easily ruin upholstery.

Tread lightly! Anything you try you better let the homeowner know of the potential negative effects and get their agreement on usage. In writing would be best.

Last edited:

Sal K

Name
Sal
Have you tried just rinsing it? Hard to tell from a picture but it looks like a general purpose neutral ph spotter and rinsing could go a long way.

I wouldn't use any stain removers or harsh bleaches unless this is salvage cleaning and the homeowner knows there could be discoloration.

Upholstery is very unforgiving, a process that works on carpet can easily ruin upholstery.

Tread lightly! Anything you try you better let the homeowner know of the potential negative effects and get their agreement on usage. In writing would be best.
I will work on it today. Definitely not salvage cleaning. She said it is a new couch which makes me more nervous lol. I will go lightly and rinse first. If that does not work, I am planning to use Avenge pro and rinse. I hope it comes out with just rinsing .

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I will work on it today. Definitely not salvage cleaning. She said it is a new couch which makes me more nervous lol. I will go lightly and rinse first. If that does not work, I am planning to use Avenge pro and rinse. I hope it comes out with just rinsing .
If it’s a new couch. And the owner has not tried to clean it themselves. It should rinse out.

Reactions: Sal K

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Don't pour any spotter directly on the spot. If the areas still needs work after rinsing, apply the spotter to a white terry towel and blot.

DON'T rub. Any pile distortion would be at your hands.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom