Coffee Stains Resurfacing on Commercial Carpet

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
:x I'm having a problem with Coffee resurfacing on a commercial job i've been doing they seem to come out when i steam clean only to reappear a few days later tried spraying coffee stain remover on some of them after the cleaning they still came back i was thinking of trying bonnet buffing any suggestions?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jamie,

When they RESURFACE..Spray them down with STRAIGHT white vineagar.........

Then watch them DISSAPEAR...blot white cotton towel.& leave VINEAGAR to
continue to change the PH of the Tanning Stain..WORKS EVERY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
IdHitIt.jpg

Or a little peroxide.... Whichever you happen to have handy.

Tony Dees

Hey Jamie! I love how when you move you mouse across your truck on you site the horn blows. hahahaha

Thats great.

klewis4

Agree with all the other posts. One additional idea would be to soak the area down and use a water claw to extract. After treating these types of stains, I will also place some white paper towel over it with a book or something on top to press the paper towel into the carpet to allow any coffee wicking up during drying to wick up into the paper towel.

Able 1

Name
Keith
klewis4 said:
Agree with all the other posts. One additional idea would be to soak the area down and use a water claw to extract. After treating these types of stains, I will also place some white paper towel over it with a book or something on top to press the paper towel into the carpet to allow any coffee wicking up during drying to wick up into the paper towel.

I agree with the paper towel works great!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jamie;

A powder reducing agent,
like our FiberBrite, can be sprayed on the coffee stains.

They will disappear as it dries.

Larry

Rex Tyus

everfresh1 said:
:x I'm having a problem with Coffee resurfacing on a commercial job i've been doing they seem to come out when i steam clean only to reappear a few days later tried spraying coffee stain remover on some of them after the cleaning they still came back i was thinking of trying bonnet buffing any suggestions?

Is it a coffe stain reappearing or a dark spot? If it comes out and reapperars it is possible not a stain but a "trapped in the backing issue". Flood it and suck it dry. If It is a dark spot it is probably sugar trapped in the backing and attrackting dirt. Same remedy.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Rex Tyus said:
everfresh1 said:

Is it a coffe stain reappearing or a dark spot? If it comes out and reapperars it is possible not a stain but a "trapped in the backing issue". Flood it and suck it dry. If It is a dark spot it is probably sugar trapped in the backing and attrackting dirt. Same remedy.

The people who work there told me they are coffee stains they don't really look like coffee they are spills but they are dark in color they seem to come out easy when i clean them with the truck mount only to reappear a couple days later the last cleaning i did spray coffee stain remover after cleaning the areas didn't seem to help that's why i was thinking bonnet buffing. :?:

Rex Tyus

Until you get all the stuff out of the backing you will have on going problems with these spots. You can encap it if you like, it will take the spots longer to reapper but they will reappear until youget all that stuff flushed out. There is the possibility it is occuring in an area that has frequent mishaps as well. Like near the waitress station or a buffet line.....where spills occur frequent.

I don't remember if someone suggested this or not but you can use the weighted towel procedure after flooding and extracting. Put a thick white towel on the area in question and weight it with bricks or something heavy over night.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Are you using the 02??

that has stopped alot of wicking issues for me...especially on GDC carpet..

CleanEvo

Rex Tyus said:
Until you get all the stuff out of the backing you will have on going problems with these spots. You can encap it if you like, it will take the spots longer to reapper but they will reappear until youget all that stuff flushed out. There is the possibility it is occuring in an area that has frequent mishaps as well. Like near the waitress station or a buffet line.....where spills occur frequent.

I don't remember if someone suggested this or not but you can use the weighted towel procedure after flooding and extracting. Put a thick white towel on the area in question and weight it with bricks or something heavy over night.

You're right... If you overwet it, it will come back. However, my experience with encapping is that they don't come back if done properly. I've done a lot of square footage with the Cimex and Releasit, it does work better on spills then HWE.

It depends on the building. If you can access it with the truck mount, flush it out... you will still need to treat it with Proxi or similar product.

Releasit DS and Punch are a very versatile products. Even if you don't encap, keep a bottle around. I've removed furniture stains with the stuff, as well as other unkown stains that I was having probelms removing with other HWE products. It is now a regular item in my spotting kit.

DavidVB

Flooding and extracting can still need multiple trips to pull a spill off the concrete and through the backing.

I think your bonnet approach is dead on. Use an encap product. Mix it heavy, mist lightly and bonnet or pad it off. You will still have some soil in the backing, but the problem should go away until you extract again.

The exception to this is if you have heavy sugar or an oily stain that you are simply not cutting. The soil removes easily but the sugar or oil is left behind. This spot usually reoccurs slowly and gradually with foot traffic.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Clean it acid side, cover with Host sponges, work in and VIOLA! problem solved. The problem will wick on to the sponges. I'm going to have to Host a Willease seminar :roll:

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
DavidVB said:
Flooding and extracting can still need multiple trips to pull a spill off the concrete and through the backing.

I think your bonnet approach is dead on. Use an encap product. Mix it heavy, mist lightly and bonnet or pad it off. You will still have some soil in the backing, but the problem should go away until you extract again.

The exception to this is if you have heavy sugar or an oily stain that you are simply not cutting. The soil removes easily but the sugar or oil is left behind. This spot usually reoccurs slowly and gradually with foot traffic.

Yea I think im going to give it a shot with this method i figured if you only clean the top of the carpet the stains will not resurface from the backing.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Willy P said:
Clean it acid side, cover with Host sponges, work in and VIOLA! problem solved. The problem will wick on to the sponges. I'm going to have to Host a Willease seminar :roll:

This isn't going to be feasible these are big splashy drippy spills.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Marty;

Both the oxidizer OR the reducing agent do NOT stop the wicking.

They just remove the color of the stain that wicks up.

Ask your wife to show you "this process" in the kitchen. :roll:

Larry

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
All I can say from experience that at the movie theatre I have cleaned about 15 times the pop spills always wicked back through after a week or 2 until i started using 02 to rinse

It says it stops wicking or prevents it and I think especially on commercial

No spots coming back through anymore....

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I am running into the same problem on a job I did yesterday. Commercial gluedown, definitely coffee because it's right where they have the coffee machine. I sprayed the area liberally with Pro's Choice Stain 1 and agitated it with my rake. I think the new formulation of Stain 1 has ARA in it and it is supposed to be as good as the old Stain Magic. I don't know if Stain Magic has an Anti Resoiling Agent in it.
I will find out in a few days if this worked. I hope it will.If not, I'll have to stink up the place with my old coffee stain remover which is Sodium Bi Carbonate I think.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom