Cold Calling Works...

After noticing that the top web sites found on google for "my house is flooded" happen to be out of state. So i called and left my info incase they needed my help for local jobs. Im in texas he was in boston. Well i received 2 floods this week from him , almost $3000.00 on both with one of them being a century 21 agent who wants to call me for his rentals now.

I find this funny though. The first was a school teacher that i can see useing the net for help. But the other a large reality company , seems odd that he would net for local help. Oh well .. No complaints from me.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Just curious Lance, were these $3000 jobs covered by insurance? I can't seem to find any floods that are. I'm doing one right now that has flood insurance but it doesn't cover the carpet. Do you guys slash the price if they're not covered?

These 2 recent ones will be insurance jobs. Ive only had 1 large water job that the insurance wouldnt cover. It doesnt rain much here and they are mainly from water heaters and broken pipes and outraged water bed slashing women and broken city water mains.

Insurance companys use seperate adjusting companys find these powerfull people and leave coffee cups and letter openers and pens every few months . But remember they deal with experianced water restoration techs all the time so if you cant walk the walk and talk the talk then this will not work.

Whene you do a water job do you use a blower and dehu. calculater or water sensors for easier water detection or moisture meters for checking progress on wall drying or a hydrometer.

I have no idea of your experiance.

J

Jen Hayden-Rayner

My Husband does some sub-contracting for a local company. It really does boost a slow week. He had alot of extractions for them in February but has since slowed.

To get the agreement for the jobs he had to furnish all of his insurance documentation, tax I.D. and a few other items. It was well worth it.

I will be making some phone calls next week to businesses and large residential homes in Cohasset, Ma. I was reading the average home in the area I am calling is 7500 sq ft.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thank You

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom