cold calling

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I noticed that I have not been as busy the last couple of weeks. I always keep direct response marketing material on standby so when work slows down I am ready to rumble. I have been thinking more and more about cold calling especialy this winter when I am real slow. what are you guys thoughts on cold calling commercial?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
juniorc82 said:
I noticed that I have not been as busy the last couple of weeks. I always keep direct response marketing material on standby so when work slows down I am ready to rumble. I have been thinking more and more about cold calling especialy this winter when I am real slow. what are you guys thoughts on cold calling commercial?

Follow up is everything.
Besides image.

Show up with materials to leave and try to talk to someone or find out who takes care of cleanging.

Get their info, call, email, snail mail....maybe a phone call.

You get the idea

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Use the cold calling just so you can find who is the decision maker. So, you can then get in the door for the presentation.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Cold calling is horrible IMO.. In the last week I had three complaints to me about another company calling them to have there carpets cleaned. This company has 15 vans and they feel that this is a good way to get work but most(past custies) are really pissed off about them calling. I think a postcard is plenty for a reminder... I really don't want to take up my custy's time nagging them about having me come back to clean again, seems kind of desperate IMO.

Able 1 said:
Cold calling is horrible IMO.. In the last week I had three complaints to me about another company calling them to have there carpets cleaned. This company has 15 vans and they feel that this is a good way to get work but most(past custies) are really pissed off about them calling. I think a postcard is plenty for a reminder... I really don't want to take up my custy's time nagging them about having me come back to clean again, seems kind of desperate IMO.

I completely agree. Now if you send a post card and then call a week or so later that seems fine to me as well.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I wouldn't try calling residential...only commercial

The only time "cold calling" residential works IMO is when you are cleaning on a Sat and you talk to neighbors in the area you are cleaning.
If they are out in the yard, they are fair game.

Cold Calling to me is both phone and walking up to someone...just so their is no confusion.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
juniorc82 said:

What I found, Jon, was that if I waited till I was "real slow" it was too late. Getting commercial work is sort of like a locomotive getting a long train of heavy freight cars up to speed. It is a long and laborious process. Now once the train is cruising it doesn't take much effort at all.

Commercial sales work best when you have lots of prospects in the pipeline and are adding more all the time. Everyone has their own system. Here is what worked for me:

http://www.strategiesforsuccess.com/755 ... commercial

Let us know what you come up with.

Island Boy
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS I thought Lisa Wagner made a good point during the CleanFax symposium at connections. Lisa said, "Movement beats meditation any day." Too many of us dither around when by just jumping in we'll make things happen. But I sure wouldn't wait till you get "slow".

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Steve Toburen said:
juniorc82 said:

What I found, Jon, was that if I waited till I was "real slow" it was too late. Getting commercial work is sort of like a locomotive getting a long train of heavy freight cars up to speed. It is a long and laborious process. Now once the train is cruising it doesn't take much effort at all.

Commercial sales work best when you have lots of prospects in the pipeline and are adding more all the time. Everyone has their own system. Here is what worked for me:

Island Boy
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS I thought Lisa Wagner made a good point during the CleanFax symposium at connections. Lisa said, "Movement beats meditation any day." Too many of us dither around when by just jumping in we'll make things happen. But I sure wouldn't wait till you get "slow".

It's the "persistence wears out resistance" thing.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Steve Toburen said:
juniorc82 said:

Island Boy
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

It's the "persistence wears out resistance" thing.

braddaddy

Although Im new to carpet cleaning, im not new to business. I have another business that im getting out of. But as far as cold calling....IMO the 'calling' part is the one to watch out for. I agree that calls should be made only to find out who the decision maker is. Then rather than calling to pitch your pitch you should call to make an appointment to meet in person if possible. Or at least go in person to drop off your materials/information to the decision maker.
Anyone can call. And they know that. I say: "to stand out, stand out"

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
if it is cold I may be calling. On a beautiful day I will head out

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I had good results by simply walking in to building with a spotter bottle with our info on it. I leave it behind instead of a business card. When it is time, they will call, sometimes just because they want to get more spotter!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom