Cold front coming!!

Name
John
Were located in Northern Oklahoma. Wind chills expected to around zero to -1 tomorrow morning and Friday morning. Will it be enough to cause problems resulting in water losses?

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not really in general it must stay single digits for several days here in Kansas before you'll see cold related damage.
If Oklahoma doesn't insulate as well then I suppose anything is possible. ???

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
Holy buckets, what are you guys going to do! Send out the National Guard to hand out hot chocolate and Tang. That is only jacket weather for us, come talk to me when it is -30 degrees before wind chill and we can have some fun.
But on a more serious note, for you I wouldn't doubt that there will be a lot of frozen pipes from people who left town for the weekend. Happens here all the time, its +5 and people will crack a window for fresh air and leave for an extened weekend and come back to -15 to -20 temperatures and the cold air comes in and sinks right past the hot water pipe and freezes it solid. The room will be 40 degrees but right below the window its frozen solid.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Normally, doesn't snow much here. We just had a dump of 6-12 inches, depending on the elevation. Just about paralyzed the entire city. Overnight temps dropping to low to mid 20's in U.S speak. Just enough to freeze outside hose bibs, which people here usually leave on all winter. They are forecasting more snow tonight and tomorrow. My first job is only 10 minutes away but it is all uphill. We'll see what time the snowplow goes by. Supposed to rain on Sat. Probably wash everything away.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
20161209_065839.jpg

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We are prepping for a few. :winky:

We had 4 since Friday but we normally do 3-4 a week. Its going to get really cold and wind driven. I think you could get a few.

When we get several days of single digits with no rise into the upper 20's you can expect a bunch. Generally on the warm up, they start breaking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom