Collecting emails

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Up to this point I have not been collecting email addresses from my customers, except out of town custy's who want me to email them a bill. Starting tomorrow I will begin collecting them from all new customers.

I need suggestions for how to tactfully collect the email addresses of my past customers.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If they are a customer it doesn't hurt to call and see if they want to get on your mailing list.

You can do a contest for a free ipod. Anyone can enter, they just need to give you their email.

Have an area on your invoices for email address' so when you ask for them after the job they will think it is rutine or maybe even required.

Get creative

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I simply ask them if they would like me to contact them to clean the carpets in xxx months.

Usually they agree, then I ask for an email addy;

K.I.S.S.

Ooroo,

:roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Shorty Down Under said:
I simply ask them if they would like me to contact them to clean the carpets in xxx months.

Usually they agree, then I ask for an email addy;

K.I.S.S.

Ooroo,

:roll:

Word

dgargan

When booking the job and getting all their info simply ask for the email address so you can send them a "how to prepare for your cleaning list"

Get Ready for Us
Thank you for trusting us with your carpet cleaning project. When we’re finished, your home will be sparkling clean, fresh and beautiful - guaranteed! Here are some suggestions for you to prepare that will help both of us:
1. Please advise your technician about any special requirements to follow when moving your furniture; weak legs, loose tops, etc.
2. Please vacuum your carpeting before we arrive.
3. Please pin up any full length draperies so that they will be at least 6 inches off the floor.
4. Also, please pin up any skirts on upholstered furniture which may be touching the carpet.
5. Remove all breakable items from furniture which will have to be temporarily moved from its regular location.
6. Any small pieces, such as dining room chairs, magazine racks, floor plants, etc. that you can remove from the carpet to be cleaned will
shorten processing time and return the carpet to normal use sooner.
7. China cabinets, sectional sofas, entertainment centers, antique and fragile furniture cannot be moved. However, carpet underneath
such items can be hand cleaned where sufficient room is available, or we can edge right around the base.
8. Please call to your technicians attention any spots or stains which may require special techniques.
9. For your pet’s peace of mind (and ours!) please put them in a safe, quiet place where our cleaning won’t disturb them.
10. A special note about odors:
We do everything possible to reduce or eliminate pet odors. However, due to depth of contamination, 100% success may not be
attainable. Also, for several days after cleaning you may notice an elevated odor due to higher humidity levels and “off gasing”.
11. For safety sake, be sure to keep an extra close eye on your curious little ones.
12. Most importantly, if there is anything we can do to make this experience a better one for you, please let us know.
Thank you for working with us. We look forward to serving you.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Thanks guys. I am getting emails now from all new customers with no problems, I just ask. My question was more about for all my past customers from before I started collecting them. I suppose I'll just call and ask if they would like to get my newsletter emailed to them.

A

Axeman

Bribe then with something they value in return for email. Information is the cheapest bribe.

Another way is to ask straight after handing over a free spotter. (reciprocity)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom