Color Brightener Enhancer

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
That does help. Sub has lots of UV light. Be cautious. Too much sun can fade some colors. The sun will also increase and speed up the activity of most oxidizers including hydrogen peroxide.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Sergio

Name
Sergio
Hydrogen peroxide at 3% undiluted. I would suggest room temperature. HEating it can increase the brightening effect but also can do more damage to cotton or wool. It will also have a very short life when heated.

You can judge how long you want it to remain on the rug as you watch what it does. no more than 20 or 30 minutes for most rugs, often less.

Sodium metabisultfite is more of a super version of sodium hydrosulfite. If you have one but not the other, go with what you have. They do come in different strengths, purity level and potency. Follow label directions or weaker. For example our Bridgepoint product calls for 2 ounces per quart of warm water. I would start with 1 ounce for a quart of warm water and only make it stronger if needed. Not all similar products are as pure or as strong as the Bridgepoint product.
Dear Mike,
i can not wait 20 or 30 minutes for each rug.
By increasing the temperature to 50 degrees, the waiting time would decrease? Would I risk damaging the wool?

Thanks

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom