color loss on Corian counter

Mikey P

Administrator
anybody ever dealt with this?

I0DsQ3P5XFMWIeLrfiIE_Mc7-LEiH3bYxii3GW7ITiVfI_DsF5pl9u5dWPPPuIR_msVn-20nt3CZ7WRRy-r=w538-h955-no.jpg

@Cameron DeMille

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
No and i have blue corian and a lot has been left on it with no problem.

Todd C

Name
Todd
Maybe try a real fine sand paper or something like a 3000 grit spinergy pad to remove a thin layer.

I know a guy that manufactures corian. I haven't seen him for years. I'll see if I can contact him and ask what to do.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
cameron demille
I don't do Corian. It might be able to be sanded out and polished. I don't know the exact procedure, but I know you can sand it with an orbital and some automotive sandpaper and polish it with some stuff. I dunno, maybe just light it on fire.

Reactions: dgardner

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Burns can cause deep discoloration. A blemish or even scratches don't require much more sanding than, say, a wood plank would. The trick is to be disciplined in using progressively finer grits, as there will be no concealing the swirl marks left by skipping stages. At the end, a good buffing with polishing compound will make it look like glass. Not hard, just tedious.

Reactions: Mikey P

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
The color is all the way through the Corian. The key is to sand the burn and sand the rest of the slab without creating a crater.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The color is all the way through the Corian. The key is to sand the burn and sand the rest of the slab without creating a crater.

A lot easier said than done. Especially if the burn goes down a bit.

That said very doable just time consuming try to not make a noticeable sink hole area or slight bowl.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom