Notice Color Repair - Whole Room Dyeing?

Color Repair - Whole Room Dyeing or Just Spots?

• How many of you offer color repair services?

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Are you spot dyeing?

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Whole room dyeing?

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Repairing color damage to expensive oriental rugs

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • No way not even with Tony's crayons..

Votes: 16 57.1%

• Total voters

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Yes Ofer we have a very busy little navy. And I would have got 1/2 day off on a Wednesday .

There's only one good beer lee. The rest is dishwater.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I really enjoy color repair work. From my perspective apartments have shyed away from full room dying mostly because of poor work done before and to the pm it's easier to rent a unit with new carpet . And people are more demanding now then ever before. But spot dyes are still very acceptable when done well.

In houses we do very well with spot dyes . We charge $200 an hr and will do several jobs a month. Anything from a dime size to 4ft x4ft area . We also get referral work from other cleaners in our area to do work for thier customers.
Melody from americolor ,joe Appleby and Damien have sent me work....I think even Mikey sent me a job.

But I think you really have to enjoy this type of work .you can't rush it and do it right. Just got to take the time needed to do it.

In regards to training. Dye work just ain't that hard. Learn the basics . Practice and push your self to do better....then practice some more.

The funny thing for me. I was knocked back from the navy for being color blind.
I think that's the whole thing in a nutshell, "you really have to enjoy this type of work". I know with practice, I could get the hang of it but I hate messing around with things like that. The courses were invaluable however, just having the knowledge of what's involved, gives you the ability to make recommendations to the customer. We used to have a really good guy out here but he has retired. If anyone knows a good spot dyer in my area (Vancouver bc ) let me know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom