Color Seal for beginners

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
The reviews are all over...Unfortunately, people's grout lines are discolored permanently mainly because of products (vinegar & Clorox) they've been using in the past...

If you're looking to making money in color sealing, this isn't the product you should use I'd recommend www.thisoldgrout.com or www.colorclad.com better products.

Prepare your grout lines properly before any color sealer gets applied with alkaline than acid wash...Color sealer is not a product to stick to un-sanded grout...Sanded only!

I never liked color sealer, as you might read from my past, however, it's about making the money, and making someone's life miserable in the future (homeowner or service)

Have you seen Mark Marckonic's New color sealer tool? Looks interesting enough to try...Certain grout joints are better than others for application BTW...

I define color sealer as a temporary solution to a permanent problem, eventually...

The best case scenario for color sealer is for someone who has discolored grout lines prior to selling there home and color sealer is the cure-all...New homeowner is unaware of color sealing. and now has peeling and uplifting and now what? A problem for someone to ponder...

Best of luck!

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Polyblend is made by custom and been available before color clad was out, maybe even grout perfect.

It's the best of the 3 mentioned.

We used to do a shit ton. It's an easy sell.

And Mikey, if not in a rush, you get 30% cheaper from HD with free ship over 50$

I designed and built a "stain stick" when I personally did a lot. You stand up and do it. 2nd guy follows. Takes awhile for the shoulder muscles to learn it.... over 1000 sq an hour.

Reactions: Mikey P

J. Brightwell

Name
David Moynihan
Anyone still using Grout Perfect? They had a great product until they made some sort of change to it.

J. Brightwell

Name
David Moynihan
It's been a while, when was the change made?
A while back. I used it only the one time I noticed it wasn't as thick. It seemed more like This Old Grout. The owner assured me no changes had been made and sent a couple of pints to replace what I had ordered. Same thing.

Reactions: Mikey P

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
poly blend is just a common grout company, all their stuff is at home depot. Their color seal is okay, kinda sucks.

its really easy to make your own color seal, theres really nothing special about it in general.

lately I prefer to just skim coat new grout after taking down existing grout a bit, way less of a bandaid

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
poly blend is just a common grout company, all their stuff is at home depot. Their color seal is okay, kinda sucks.

its really easy to make your own color seal, theres really nothing special about it in general.

lately I prefer to just skim coat new grout after taking down existing grout a bit, way less of a bandaid
Applying a skim coat sucks for the next cleaner when they get blamed for removing grout that is probably 1/16” thick. Can be tough to spot as well.

Reactions: SamIam and Mikey P

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Applying a skim coat sucks for the next cleaner when they get blamed for removing grout that is probably 1/16” thick. Can be tough to spot as well.

I didnt mean right over fully grouted areas, we take the grout way down first but not completely removing

Reactions: CJ-FL

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
The other business I am starting now involves epoxy resin flooring, cement slurries, urethane slurries, and all sorts of other industrial coatings..

but you can add 2 part epoxy to all sorts of cementitious materials, including grout. or add pigments to 2 part epoxies and coat just about anything with it, 100% waterproof... it can coat concrete, wood, formica, or grout(color seal). Once its cured with the particular epoxy we use its like 12x the strength of concrete. For pool deck areas even quartz or sand can be added to epoxy mixtures.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I did one grout perfect job and my counter tops wasn’t impressed!

There was one dude out here doing a ton of color seals and they’re all blotchy when the customer wants it cleaned so easy to spot!

Colorclad I hear works better!

But I’m totally gun shy about the stuff.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
its basically just paint, so thats about what you can expect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom