Color Seal

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
I just purchased the turbo seal grout kit. I bought it so we could clean a bank lobby that has been color sealed and touch up any areas that do not survive the cleaning. I did a test clean of an area and the color seal disappeared in a few places. Was this particular color seal job not done correctly or does color seal not withstand the pressure of cleaning at 1,000 psi?

Mikey P

Administrator
Not all Colorseals are the same..

I've only used Mark's stuff once but I've used Grout Perfect countless times.

If the grout was acid cleaned, not saturated in oils, urine or other deep contaminates, a well formulated and well applied product should require a gel type stripper to remove.

Reactions: SamIam and Wing It

Mikey P

Administrator
We use to sell it as a third option for a few years. We gave a price for a basic penetrative, a premium ten year penetrative and for colorseal.

Many went for the color seal option based on my sales pitch of "now you wont be cleaning concrete but rather a plastic coating" or something to that effect. Any customer who had spent a weekend with bleach and a tooth brush, and who had $3 a ft to spend on grout, went for it.

and of course after a year or three we started seeing enough random spot failures to make us lose faith in the performance across the board. We now very selectively use CS as a way to hide stains that acid and scraping wont remove, fix bad repair jobs by handy men who messed up a color match and so on..

Mark's applicators are fantastic but I have real issue with how he sells the CS service to his personal clients.

and we dont sell premium 10 year penetratives anymore either............

Reactions: SamIam and Wing It

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
Bank lobbies can be "natural stone" with un-sanded grout joints...good luck with that

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom