Come on Cobb.

Mikey P

Administrator
I've been using your Powermax prespray for a week now.

Works great on carpet and tile.

Running my HF meterless is the best way to get this stuff to draw consistently.

But come on Slim, 8 ounces per gallon? :shock:

Just how many goofy Texans do you get to to fall for this?

2 ounces is plenty and you know it.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
yea i dont think i have ever used it at 8oz per gallon..
i usually run it at 4 oz per gallon..and mix it HOT as i can..
good for you mikey, you are finally using a pre spray that is worth a shit..you are not nearly as much of a
dumb ass as i thought.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
When I ordered my first 45 lbs pale the website said 8oz per gallon.

Now the website reads:

"This powder combines new enzymes, oxidizers & natural citrus solvent to handle every type of soil & stain. It has a wonderful citrus fragrance & works great on Carpet & Tile/Grout.
Prespray @ 1.5 cups/ Inline 5 Qt - Sprayer - 3oz./ Gal."

I tried the last little bit of Cobb's PM that I had @ 3oz/gal and it worked better, than it did at 8... :?

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I have been using the powermaxx for about 4 months now and love the stuff. I called about the mix ratio and one of the salesmen told me that the 8oz that it says on the label is for hydroforce and that 1 to 4 0z per gallon is ok for pump up. I started using it with a clear rinse but now i'm using an acid. Are you guys just clear water rinsing with it?

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Mikey P said:
I've been using your Powermax prespray for a week now.

Works great on carpet and tile.

Running my HF meterless is the best way to get this stuff to draw consistently.

But come on Slim, 8 ounces per gallon? :shock:

Just how many goofy Texans do you get to to fall for this?

2 ounces is plenty and you know it.

I'm on my 3rd pail of Powermax. I put 3-4 cups in my hydroforce, shake well and I use yellow-black-grey or no tip depending on the soiling condition and have never had a mixing problem or draw problem. Maybe it's time for a new hydroforce.

BUSY BEE

I've never used Powermax before. How does it do on crappy olefin in rentals? I'm currently using CTI Extreme Clean boosted with Energy, but the smell of Energy has always bothered me (smells like Raid). Can Powermax clean the same without such a shitty scent?

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm on my 3rd pail of Powermax. I put 3-4 cups in my hydroforce, shake well and I use yellow-black-grey or no tip depending on the soiling condition and have never had a mixing problem or draw problem. Maybe it's time for a new hydroforce.

You actually change your metering tip throughout the day according to soil level?

Come on.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Mikey P said:

You actually change your metering tip throughout the day according to soil level?

Come on.

Yes I do if needed. Takes about 30 seconds to change and is more reliable and accurate that the revolution.

But my point was...Mixing 3-4 cups of powermax in a hydroforce and using anything from a yellow to no tip without any kind of draw problems.

Bob Foster

The only time I have draw problems with my no tip unmetered HF is if I am using too hot of water from my truck. I overcome this by triggering each pass of the HW wand. I still would like to get Mytee's sprayer.

CleanEvo

I think most chems can be less diluted than the manufacturers recommend.

I primarily use Prochems products and I only use half strength on normal soiling and the carpets turn out very well. Even the really dirty ones I usually only use 3/4 of recommended dilution.

But we have very soft water where I live and that helps a lot as well.

TimP

I've tried the powermax in my hydroforce. To put enough of the stuff in for a yellow tip the stuff seperates on me.

I'm going to have to remove the tip and put less in. I agree with mikey. I'd probably go with 25 oz in a 5 qt hf at 1-4 dilution. I like 4 oz per gallon of powermax. Seems to be the sweet spot for me. I'll have to try it eventually.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

As a formulator, we face some difficult challenges...
dealing with wide ranges of prespray usage.

The normal dilution for a "Inline Injection Sprayer" is 1.5 cups/5 Quarts of water.
( Diluted 6-1 (hot water), this is only 1.5 oz/gallon)

That ratio is much lower than our "Pump-Up" sprayer dilution (8oz./gallon).

Why the different ratios ???

Having checked several customers for the quantity of prespray they actually apply to the carpet,
we found that:

1. Inline Injection Sprayer users put down ~2.5X the amount of prespray.

2. Pump-Up Sprayer users put down the least amount of prespray (1X)

3. Electric Pump sprayer users vary the most, but we figure somewhere in the middle (1.5X)

That is why we have the variance in the concentration.

If you only have tap water and use a pump-up, you are going to need a much stronger mixture to get the carpet clean.

If you have the mighty Vortex...,
even californian MIKEY can get it clean with a casual pass of the wand.

Larry

TimP

I used 4 oz per gallon with my electric sprayer. I put down the same PS with the inline. I soak the fiber. I'm going with 25 oz and no tip. Maybe it will not seperate.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
To address another concern, the product has sodium percarbonate in the formulation.

By design, this oxygen-releasing compound does NOT dissolve immediately.

You will see some of it dispersed in the solution.

We recently increased the concentration of it, in the PowerMax for better stain removal.

I would not run the metering tip, in most prespray applications.

This increases the draw of the injector,
but most of you are running higher water temperatures, which decreases the draw.

So in the end, these two factors tend to cancel each other out.

Larry

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Here's a question I've been thinking about Larry. How much SP should I add per gallon to recharge prespray I've got left over from the prior day? Assuming I use 2oz of Powermax per gallon in my pumpup?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i use a old porty for my presprayer, and i add around the 3 oz mix....if its nasty and smells like ass, i go up to the 6 oz range...

But let me tell you, having to pour 60 oz of that stuff in my 10 gallon tank, about kills me.. :shock: :shock: :shock:

But i mix it HOT, sometimes i think i may burn out my pump :shock: :shock:

i need to try the hydro force again and see whats what...

Great stuff, gets out 95% of stains i run across...and everyone LOVES the smell

TimP

1 oZ per gallon. I'd rather throw more chems down than rotoscrub everything. The stuff is cheap enough to put down 4 oz per gallon. I can understand maybe 3 oz or 2 but not 1. Chems are cheaper than labor.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
BUSY BEE said:
I've never used Powermax before. How does it do on crappy olefin in rentals? I'm currently using CTI Extreme Clean boosted with Energy, but the smell of Energy has always bothered me (smells like Raid). Can Powermax clean the same without such a shitty scent?

you will be very happy with the product..
i use it on 95% of everything i coma across..including tile and grout, both commercial and res..
if i dont even want to walk on the carpet, one of those one that you clean from the outside in so you dont get the hoses all nasty then i will ass a little boost of
powerburst..it is a deadly combination..jump on board and you will be a happy camper. i have been using it for 3 years and will not be making any changes. i have been sent some samples
of things that work pretty good but i dont feel that there is a comparable pre spray that is a versatile as powermax...i use it on carpet, tile and grout and 50% of the upholstery i do..it is nice not having to carry several sprayers or clean them out and mix something else..it is all in one, safe and works great.

BUSY BEE

davegill said:
BUSY BEE said:

you will be very happy with the product..
i use it on 95% of everything i coma across..including tile and grout, both commercial and res..
if i dont even want to walk on the carpet, one of those one that you clean from the outside in so you dont get the hoses all nasty then i will ass a little boost of
powerburst..it is a deadly combination..jump on board and you will be a happy camper. i have been using it for 3 years and will not be making any changes. i have been sent some samples
of things that work pretty good but i dont feel that there is a comparable pre spray that is a versatile as powermax...i use it on carpet, tile and grout and 50% of the upholstery i do..it is nice not having to carry several sprayers or clean them out and mix something else..it is all in one, safe and works great.
Thanks, it give it a try.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Bill;

The Dynachem PowerMax does not have any butyl solvent in the formulation.

It only has citrus solvent for fragrance and grease cutting.

Larry

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
holy cow..i cant type worth a shit. my fingers are bigger than mikeys little pecker, i usually hit several keys at the same time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom