Commercial Bagless Vaccum Review: SC5845B

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
MARTY DO NOT READ BELOW SKIP TO SECOND POST WITH THE PICTURE VERSION!

Well on Monday I orderd a Sanitaire SC5845B to replace the bagless bissel I've been using on the truck. Electrolux/Eureka vacuums have been based in Bloomington, IL for a very long time and people who have been here along time appreciate the company.

Mikey and many here have always been proponents of the dirt cup 887 with the exception of the problematic belts. I agree the belts on the 800 series have problems. There was interest a few years back about the bissles so we bought the $46 version and woooooaa mama could that suck up hair and crap. filters cleaned up easily the belt just keeps going and going.

Well three bissels later I've bought into the bagless idea and our customes love seeing the crap you pull out of their carpets. So I've been reviewing the new SC5845 for a while. A Bagless commercial vacuum built to last a little longer than the cheaper bissels

Well we got the vacuum in on Tuesday and so far i'm very impressed with the build quality, Heavy duty plastics, easy access to the canister, extra large canister much like the clear track. Wider brush roll, alot of suction and a larger hose. functional onboard tools, HEPA filtered for those health nut customers. THEY GOT THE BELT SYSTEM RIGHT. No longer the circular belt but the flat style belt that lasts a lot longer. It pulls as much out of the carpet as the bissle but it covers a wider area a little faster. Larger dust cup means less trips to the dump bucket. It has a built in stair handle for easy cleaning of stairs. they took the light out that was on earlier models.. I didn't like the light anyways.. just something to pull more power and possibly rob the motor of some power on an overloaded circuit. Nice long 40 ft power cord, and no ground plug to worry about meaning no worry about finding the adaptor in older homes.

I'll continue to put it through its pasis but so far I'm impressed and while I had no problem telling my customers that I was vacuuming with the 46.00 walmart vac, I don't think I'll hurt the feelings of the people who blew $500.00 on the Dyson so bad.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
4232010004.jpg

4232010005.jpg

4232010006.jpg

4232010007.jpg

4232010008.jpg

4232010009.jpg

4232010010.jpg

4232010011.jpg

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i had a eureka that had a filter like that....can you wash this one??? cuz that old one was a pita to blow out.....damn good vac though

I am always pissed that the handle release breaks 1st, then the damn thing wont stay up

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I blow it out with a compressor between each job, takes 2 minutes to blow the filter, canister and vacuum out and it looks great when you take into the next home.

But the material could be washed if needed. But Imo. if it came in dry it would be easier to remove dry aka compressed air.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
nope.. I keep one at the back door of our shop though during cleaning days, and I always stop to dump and refill between jobs. Our shop is centrally located and most of our cleaning jobs are the very most maybe a 20 minute drive across town. The farther jobs like in rural areas are never scheduled back to back. And we only schedule morning and afternoon appointments at this time. As our volume increases I'm sure I'll add a third slot to accomadate customers.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
My 2010 Proteam 15XP cost me $250 bucks shipped directly from Proteam. I bought it from a vac store, retail on the vac is $499.00.

I used to think the same about those vacs, but once you've gone with one of these you will also change your thoughts. I didn't need to pay retail either. My 100 pack of true hepa bags cost me $40 bucks shipped from the same online store. They will probably last me 6-12 months.

Just food for thought.

Name
Nate W.
tmdry said:
My 2010 Proteam 15XP cost me $250 bucks shipped directly from Proteam. I bought it from a vac store, retail on the vac is $499.00.

I used to think the same about those vacs, but once you've gone with one of these you will also change your thoughts. I didn't need to pay retail either. My 100 pack of true hepa bags cost me $40 bucks shipped from the same online store. They will probably last me 6-12 months.

Just food for thought.

What's the store?? Nice price on those bags. I have always used the windsor sensor 15", but the price of the bags are pretty expensive. Bagless has it's place, but I preffer a bag vac.

Name
Nate W.
Mikey P said:
Why do you prefer a Bag Nate?

I just don't get why you would not want to see what you are or are not getting out.

Because I don't have a fascination like Ron has. Plus, how the hell do you empty a bagless without getting dust and/or dust mites not to get airborne? I rather have the air over filtered then rebreathe that sh!t. I keep a spare bag folded inside where the windsor bag goes. Not hard to check the bag. Plus, I find that the bissell brush is a lot stiffer, which I don't like.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yeah but, ever see how much shit comes out with a bagless?

now compare that to how many jobs are done with a bag??? like 6 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
The 15xp vac has a light above the beater bar that will come on when the bag is full.

It's also great for tall people like Mikey and I.

I also like the weight on it. Lighter than the bissells.

This my 3rd one from them and we got the bags from them as well. http://myworld.ebay.com/centralvacworld/

They probably carry the Sanitaire vac above as well, check it out.

Name
Nate W.
Mikey P said:
dust mite...

when Brevik goes out the next month I'm gonna pay him to slap you upside the head.

Brevik wouldn't hurt a fly.... Plus, I grew up on electric tm's and portables.... I'm a long lost brother of his.... :lol: When you have customers that b!tch about it, then you'll understand. Maybe, your right though, bagless is greener...

floorguy said:

now compare that to how many jobs are done with a bag??? like 6 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That would be an irresponsible cleaner if I did that. I only do 1 maybe 2 jobs a day, or I'm back at the warehouse cleaning rugs or cleaning up. Ever cut open a bagged vacuum and see all the fluff that a bagless pulls out?? You see the fine dirt and other small rubbish not fluff. Plus, self adjusting rocks. My old body can't bend down like I used too when I was a kid. :lol:

tmdry said:
The 15xp vac has a light above the beater bar that will come on when the bag is full.

It's also great for tall people like Mikey and I.

I also like the weight on it. Lighter than the bissells.

This my 3rd one from them and we got the bags from them as well. http://myworld.ebay.com/centralvacworld/

They probably carry the Sanitaire vac above as well, check it out.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

charles

I have a 6 year old Eureka that looks just like that one, We still use it in our home.
It's amazing how much dirt that thing pulls, It's a great vac.
I have an 8 year old commercial Sanitaire bagless vac on the truck now, it's heavy and the dirt cup is less than half that size. It has to be emptied several times on a single job.
I think I'll check into one of those vacuums, Thanks for the info.

Grant D

floorguy said:

You guys do realize that one bag, even a small bag like in a proteam is equal to about 6 dirt cups full of crap, right? Everything in a bag is compressed against the side by the air trying to get out, all that pet hair and filler fiber gets compressed. With a dirt cup it just falls in and the cup is full in no time. One of these days you guys will start comparing by WEIGHT instead.

I filled 3 bags just yesterday with my Proteam, I go through 30-40 bags a month.

This Eureka vac is the first bagless vac I've seen that I might be interested in. Thanks for sharing.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Compressed? Yeah, I can see that. AS the bag fills the air is trying to get out some where; would lose the airflow in 5 min in some of the places I've been, go through about 5 bags per job.

The POS filter in the Electrolux/Sanitaire wouldn't last long many of the places I've vacuumed. I'd need to carry 5 just to make sure I didn't lose the airflow. The Cleartrak has dual cyclonic system, so all the dust that ends up in the 2nd cyclone chamber would be stuck on that filter. Looks nice but not a great design.

As for dumping the canister Nate, I take it out to the truck and dump it in a trash bag outside. My fascination with it is only because I'm amazed at whats coming out that I wouldn't have thought was there. I've been fooled many carpets where I thought a quick vac would be all that was needed; carpet looked clean or had just been vacuumed by the owner.

Name
Nate W.
Ron Werner said:
Compressed? Yeah, I can see that. AS the bag fills the air is trying to get out some where; would lose the airflow in 5 min in some of the places I've been, go through about 5 bags per job.

The POS filter in the Electrolux/Sanitaire wouldn't last long many of the places I've vacuumed. I'd need to carry 5 just to make sure I didn't lose the airflow. The Cleartrak has dual cyclonic system, so all the dust that ends up in the 2nd cyclone chamber would be stuck on that filter. Looks nice but not a great design.

As for dumping the canister Nate, I take it out to the truck and dump it in a trash bag outside. My fascination with it is only because I'm amazed at whats coming out that I wouldn't have thought was there. I've been fooled many carpets where I thought a quick vac would be all that was needed; carpet looked clean or had just been vacuumed by the owner.

I'm as slow a cleaner as are you. Don't take what I said as a negative. I didn't mean it that way. I just wanted your "champion" video in the other thread and wanted to ask if the cleartrak vacuum has an onboard wand and crevice tool? It would get old very soon if I needed to bend over the catch the edges of the room like you did. :lol:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
you young fellas are afraid of a little bending. Been bending like that for 15yrs, use your legs and you're fine.

It has the hose, if you want the wand extension it can easily be retrofitted to the side or just carry it like a friend does. No more bending. The disadvantage is, you can't work the edge with that leverage, or rather lack of leverage, to really bring up the hair and such that gets caught along the edge.

Name
Nate W.
Ron Werner said:
you young fellas are afraid of a little bending. Been bending like that for 15yrs, use your legs and you're fine.

It has the hose, if you want the wand extension it can easily be retrofitted to the side or just carry it like a friend does. No more bending. The disadvantage is, you can't work the edge with that leverage, or rather lack of leverage, to really bring up the hair and such that gets caught along the edge.

I'm old on the inside.... :lol:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Well to update hadn't had any problems with the filter.. I do have a few replacement but like I said after a quick compressor blow out no problems. Ever after I had a full canister, I had very good suction.

In regards to the bag vs bagless and compression of the bagged. On some jobs, yeah a bagged vacuum would be fine, and if you are the one maintaining and vacuuming an account every month or every week it would be no problem. But there is no telling what could be in someone's carpet with a bagged vacuum. Hell Kirby sells their vaccums on that fact alone... that keep brining little dust disk or black cloth after black cloth because most people can't see what they are removing.. or don't care and simply want to get it done only to let the professionals deal with the problem at their yearly cleaning.

And while you can compact some type of soil better, some of our best clients are pet owners and the pet hair will fill a bag just as quickly as a bagless, and you loose suction pretty quickly with bagged vacuums with full of pet hair and soil, and go through several bags. Hell I did two jobs in the last week that I filled my five galloned bucket I carry to dump outside. and those were pushed down and compressed. after I dumped.

The Sanitaire works well, has a nice belt that probably won't stretch like their old styles. I only have to blow out two pieces regularly instead of five pieces. And the canister is larger. I can see what I'm pulling out and just as importantly my customer can see what I'm pulling out, even before I start up the truckmount and that really goes a long way in justifying our service to our customers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom