Commercial Cleaning Complaint

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
We recently encap cleaned a commercial account. There was a few urine stains etc. But overall we were very happy. About 3 weeks later we get an email from the manager saying that they are not pleased with the results and that the urine stains came back.

My first thought is that it is simply that they used the wrong products and left detergent in the carpet which collected soil again. But, I cant be sure. How would you handle this? Would you advise against encap process and only steam cleaning to prevent this from occurring in the future?

They were very pleased with the areas that we steam cleaned...

Thanks

Name
I'm Rick James
bensurdi said:
Problem is... it would have to be about a 900 foot hose run... and I don't have a portable-

go rent one from jon don or buy one. there is a ninja for $400 on craigslist. act quick buddy, you dont want to lose the account.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Is a ninja capable of giving good results? I've never used a portable and have always held off because of the lack of suction and heat.

Motivated

bensurdi said:
Is a ninja capable of giving good results? I've never used a portable and have always held off because of the lack of suction and heat.

Even with the lack of suction and heat. You should have one just for this type of situation. It will take you longer, but it will get the job done. just allow more dwell time. Good Luck!

Name
I'm Rick James
bensurdi said:

Go back to the pie CATT when using a portable. If your going to try and be an elite business you need a portable, they are nothing like a TM but can do just as good of job if you know how to use it.

GRHeacock

What, if anything, did you use on the urine stains?

What, if anything, did THEY use before you got there?

And yes, a portable can do a good job, just takes longer.

What kind of commercial place has a number of urine stains?

Not common in most offices and stores I know of.

Gary

Bob Foster

You ask a question about if a Ninja was any good and you and your family has been in the business for how many years?????

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
hit the "Spots" with the portable, then go over them with the Cimex and cotton bonnets. now you have TM results at the least somewhat amus

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Situations like this are exactly why we have LOW FOAM Snake Oil. You can flush the spots out and encap with the same jug of juice... Which is handy in vetrinary clinics, hospice facilities, nursing homes & assisted living facilities.

By the way, it's completely compatible with the high foam product & Magic Bullet. DSLF (Double Strength Low Foam) Snake Oil is even a bit stronger than Triple Strength High Foam Snake Oil in the deodorization catagory. We had to lower the amount of surfactant to bring the foam down to an acceptable level & replace the surfactant with more odor nuetralizer...

IF there is an odor issue spray the spots with a spotter mix of DSLF Snake oil (8oz to a QT) and let it dwell for 20-30 min. You need to put enough down to reach the odor source & keep it wet for 20-30 minutes. Extract & bonnet or pad clean to remove as much of the odor source & moisture as possible/reasonable...

Anyway, once you're done cleaning, lightly mist problem spots with 8oz to a qt of DSLF Snake Oil. Groom or pad it in and set a fan especially if you extracted CGD with a porty... There is plenty of polymer present to inhibit wicking but why take chances on a call back.

Gaining customers is great... Keeping customers is even better.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Some facilities that provide care for the elderly can have these things happen regularly... I have a chain of Assisted Living Homes that calls me with a "Code Brown or Code Yellow" every now & then in addition to their regular maintenance program... It's not exactly "glamorous work" but it keeps the lights on & provides a safe, clean enviroment for the residents.

Daycares, vet clinics, hotels that have exceptionally rowdy guests (like the Sheraton Music City) & any office with a "Bring Your Dog to Work Day" (like google) can have issues with this as well.

Name
I'm Rick James
Steve Toburen said:
scotty747 said:
why does a commercial have pee stains?
When ya gotta go ya gotta go.

IB
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Maybe it is a urology clinic full of over 50 men with enlarged prostates. Not that I would know anything about that. Yeadon might though.

Might be on to something here for getting commercial work. Go pee on the carpet (just dont get caught) and then hit them up.

Hmmm

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If it wicked with en-capping the wicking would of been even more severe with steam cleaning.

You should of also hit the urine areas with a reducer/deodorizer urine product.

You need the re-educate the mananger.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Josh Adler said:
lol y is it that Jeremy undstands y theres piss in commercial settings?.....hmmmmm

It might be because I actually feed my family by cleaning commercial carpet...

Ben,
I can cut you a sweet deal on a very gently used 1003dx, I live 4 hours from you. Shoot me a pm if interested or if you would like more info.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Is the 1000dx a good machine? May be interested. I'm looking at the rotovac cfx or just going with a normal porty- do you have any more information on yours? How much do you want for it? You can email me at bensurdi@gmail.com

CleanEvo

As much as anyone using a TM hates to go back to a porty, they have their place... you really need to have one in your tool arsenal. I'm using mine next week, and I hate doing it, but it's the only way.

Also, on a large commercial job, you could have another guy running the porty in lightly soiled areas and speed up production time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom