Commercial mostly guys

Do you find you do more work in this area with a cimex, hos-orbit osillating, a crb machine, or your rottary. If you had to pick just two machines. Which two are the most valuable to the com. market. Also do you feel the hwe crowd(me) is missing the boat when it comes to commercial accounts. Do you down hwe to the commercial market. I am sick of the large payments to operate truckmounts. Would we not be better off sheering the sheep. Instead of skinning the sheep. What I mean is this, If you do not have large truckmount payments each month. Would it not be easier to make 35 dollars per hour doing commercial work. Then needing to make 100 per hour with these expensive trucks. I believe some of you commercial guys know what I mean. Put your cimex in a mini van and go. Thank You, Ron

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
its like everything else....tools in the tool box

I use the cimex on certain areas...other places it just needs to be extracted...some places i mix and match

but i would take the cimex...as much as i have thought about a op type machines...they just have never floated my boat

Bob Foster

I think you're on to something. You could sub yourself to national service providers. The business model would/could be simpler and bread and butter work would come from the national work and the gravy from the work you dig up yourself. National service providers know to a 1/4 of a cent what it costs to do the work and at $35.00 or a touch more that might be all you can get out of them. Lots of franchise work in malls etc. You could also go after the larger regional companies but then you could be competing with the janitorial companies.

You could do tile and stone work with a portable too.
or
Take Tony Wheelwrights leather and color repair class and that adds up too.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
$35 per hour with a Cimex??? You're joking right?

With a Cimex you can consistently clean in excess of 2,000 sq ft per hour (actually as high as 3,000 sq ft per hr).

But let's say you're slow. Let's say you only cleaned at 1,500 sq ft per hr. And let's say you only charged a measly rate of .08 per sq ft for the job. You would still gross $120 per hr at that rate (that's over 3 times greater than $35 per hr).

Now let's say that you're not a slow cleaner and that you average 2,500 sq ft per hr. And let's say you charged a more realistic (still lowish) price of .12 per sq ft. You would now generate $300 per hr.

And yes you are right - there are no truckmount payments. There are no truckmount repairs. There is no truckmount fuel cost. There's no truckmount overhead whatsoever.

There are also no wicking issues like you might get cleaning with HWE on a commercial glue down carpet. There are no recurring spill stains. Carpets now stay cleaner looking longer between cleanings too.

There are no doors left open (at night). There are no noisy truckmounts running in the parking lot. There's no concern of trying to accommodate long hose runs from the parking lot to possibly inaccessible areas of the building.

The encap process is simpler too. It's much easier to train techs to go out and clean for you and still produce consistently excellent results. This enables you to systematize your commercial cleaning operation to the point that you can stay at home at night with your family while your tech is out there happily making money for you.

And finally you can afford to profitably clean at a slightly lower rate, which will enable the building owner to afford more frequent cleanings. So it becomes a win-win for everyone. They get cleaner carpet all year round. And you make more profit with a simple idiot proof system that any average tech can handle.

Give me a call if I can answer any questions. I'll be in the office tomorrow afternoon 1-800-330-1888.

Bob Foster said:
but then you could be competing with the janitorial companies.

I janitorial company probably bids out at 18 dollars a man hour. Add costs on that amount. I think it would be a bargain for them to hire us. They do not know how to clean correctly #1. They cannot produce the larger production we can. Seems like the way to go for the future. Do not rip anyone off. Just keep sheering the sheep, keep busy. When they use the truckmount rate goes up. These are wholesale prices to contractors and property managers. I think I will try this. I have an icapsul, need to buy the cimex or equivalent. Thanks, Ron

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
There's no reason to work for $35 per hour. Regardless of who you're bidding the job to, that would be insane. You won't stay in business at those rates. If you run your numbers, you'll see that it takes more than that to turn a profit.

If you are going to work with/through the janitorial contractor, then bid out the job at a proper rate and give the janitorial company a couple of cents per sq ft per for sharing the work with you. Again, this amounts to a win-win.

Bob Foster

Rick since you sold so may Cimexs into the JanSan market the price and the national service providers are starting to be well known they only are willing to sub out so it wors out to $35 per hour or maybe a bit more.

If a person was working on their own then the sky's the limit.

Bob Foster

You don't tell national service providers what your bid is - they tell you what they will pay.

Rick, Ok maybe a little low. But I agree with your points. If you were to buy one machine, would it be the hos orbit or cimex. I am certainly thinking about this market. thanks Ron

Bob Foster

I got to say when I run my Cimex I make at least 100 bucks an hour and often more but I never hustle the work. Nice machine.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I do more commercial and I have a big TM payment

if I had to choose I would pick an op machine and a crb machine but I also have a cimex and a rotary

I just totally disagree with a cimex(great for prescrub) and the vacuum it out principal but an op machine and bonnets are costly and if you look close the bonnet process will void many newer carpet warranties, Rick will argue but the cimex will also.

most of them want only a brush or hwe used on them

Thanks Bob, do you have the 17", what do you mean hustle the work? Steve, Do you see the vlm side of your business being more relevant for the times! thanks

Bob Foster

Ronald I am by no means and expert on VLM that's Rick's department. By hustle, I don't go out and promote the work and now I am reconsidering that. I have a 17" and I also have 20" Whittaker GLS with a tank.

In these times it seems more relevant to my business or lack there of. I think your thread just inspired me to promote it to a few people with some demos. The Cimex is a quick and easy machine to demo.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Bob,

When I talk to them I simply tell them that I'd like to do a section of their carpet for free so that they can see firsthand that what I'm telling them is true - that they're carpets will look better than ever. Most folks will let me do a section for free. (BTW, I will try to clean a problematic recurring spill when I do my demo too) If I can get in front of the decision maker and inspect the carpet and do a free demo, in most cases, they'll become a new customer. GO FOR IT, it's really not that hard to land commercial accounts.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Steve, Do you see the vlm side of your business being more relevant for the times! thanks

not really, I only use it as a quarterly maintenance method between yearly HWE. I have only one account that I op all the time

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I like to use the cimex every chance I can however I still hwe at least some areas on every commercial job. I guess it would not be fair to the trade to say you only use one method. I do make a shit ton of money when the cimex gets used especialy on bg retail. plus because of the high production rate you can bid a bit lower and still make good bank

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
encapman said:
GO FOR IT, it's really not that hard to land commercial accounts..

Rick is too modest to mention it but he has a great Commercial Marketing package for the measly price of 149.00. And yes, Rick is right, it isn't hard to get commercial IF you can tear yourself away from complaining about how bad business is on the internet discussion forums during prime business hours and actually start walking through business doors ...

Island Boy
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Or you can write me at stoburen@StrategiesForSuccess.com and order my imaginatively titled Report, "How to Sell Commercial Work". Just put the words "Commercial Work" in the subject line. My stuff isn't nearly as complete as Rick's program but the price is better- the Report is free.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Your asking an encap question on a hwe diehard board, offcourse you're gonna get most people on here talking about hwe. Even the encap boards have hwe guys but they are not close minded people. You will make more $$$ with a cimex than any TM on commercial, i know many guys that own Vortex's and Aerotech's that have well over 5-7 cimexs for commercial and they hardly ever use their TM.

Think ROI and how you want to run your business, opinions about equipment are just that opinions.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The most money I've ever made in one day on commercial Truck Mount HWE cleaning is
$2500.00
3 guys, 1 truck...one wand.

what's the most you have made with any other process?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Brian Robison said:
The most money I've ever made in one day on commercial Truck Mount HWE cleaning is
$2500.00

NO NEED TO USE CAPS WITH TRUCK MOUNT HWE BRO LOL...

We're all on the same team here.

You're the man, keep doing what you're doing, i know you, i should say we know you're good at what you do. I'm not here to degrade your equipment, i could careless as i have the same equipment or method, i use both, it's not about who makes more money doing what, the truth of the matter is at the end of the day you will make more $ with a cimex than you will with a truckmount. If you don't believe in other methods that is your choice, unfortunately there will be many areas where a truck will have 0 access to a job, i'm sure you've came across this several times, the cimex would've been there to make you that $ that other wise you would've lost.

Again, forget "methods" no one cares only us the cleaners. I care about ROI, which won't do me any good if my hoses won't reach the areas i need to clean. Portables are way too loud for some offices that we clean, cimex makes very little noise.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
tmdry said:
Brian Robison said:
$2500.00

NO NEED TO USE CAPS WITH TRUCK MOUNT HWE BRO LOL...

We're all on the same team here.

You're the man, keep doing what you're doing, i know you, i should say we know you're good at what you do. I'm not here to degrade your equipment, i could careless as i have the same equipment or method, i use both, it's not about who makes more money doing what, the truth of the matter is at the end of the day you will make more $ with a cimex than you will with a truckmount. If you don't believe in other methods that is your choice, unfortunately there will be many areas where a truck will have 0 access to a job, i'm sure you've came across this several times, the cimex would've been there to make you that $ that other wise you would've lost.

Again, forget "methods" no one cares only us the cleaners. I care about ROI, which won't do me any good if my hoses won't reach the areas i need to clean. Portables are way too loud for some offices that we clean, cimex makes very little noise.

Come on now, I didn't use caps like that. lol

I am with you on the ROI. And I wasn't bashing any process at all...each has it's place.

I was serious, how much money have you or whoever made in a day with the encap?

10 storys up, I am not using the TM so I understand the benefit of having other resources.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
The numbers told me it was commercial VLM CCing & burnishing that keep me in business.

Brian Robison said:

I do $1500+ in 10 man hours (INCLUDING DRIVE TIME) with 2 men & 2 machines out of the back of a MINIVAN...

17dollars.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
Define "commercial" before you deem one method superior over another and more importantly, buy a $2500 and waste your time and money.

Where and what type of commercial will you be going after?

Real estate or dentist offices are a royal pita with a Cimex or OP. Getting around and up close to all the furniture and what not will get you production rates (and effectiveness) way way lower then a wand/TM. Not too mention all the small tight areas a 17 or 20 inch cleaning head cant get to.

Now find some lightly soiled typically 2nd floor CGD in empty meeting, banquet rooms and wide hall ways and that's where you'll get those 1500 to 3000 ft rates Rick speaks of.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
we'll do 3/4 of a mil in commercial work and I bet 90+ % is HWE with 1200-2000 sq ft typically per hour. Like Mikey said it does depend on the type of commercail and our is more offices than anything.

Ken

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Sure i don't disagree at all.

If you got at least a 2 man/woman team doing encap in small offices it can work, just bring in both machines a cimex, and a smaller op 15 inch works well for those small places, or you can do with a wand, whichever works and whichever gets the job done efficiently. I just find that some of these smaller office the real issue is getting to them especially if there's one staircase in the end of the hallway and there are a ton of offices in each floor.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
But lets call it what it really is,

THE SHAMPOO METHOD.

Old school scrub in the suds and call it done.

Can't get anymore sophisticated than that.

:shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom