Commercial Pricing

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
What are you charging for commercial carpet cleaning?

If you offer some kind monthly stay clean maintenance program how are you charging for this service?

I have done little commercial work to date except for sub-contract. Rates around here are $.20 a square to less than $.10 but I’m not sure what the average is.

G

I have two restaurants that I get 20 cents per sq foot. That only because they do all the furniture moving. I vacuum, spray and extract and brush with my 17" Sanitaire SC6090. The carpet is too short to groom. I have one Sanitaire blower, a model SC 6051. I also have a Lasko 20" floor fan to help out. My effort is minimal. If it wasn't, I'd have to get more.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
ACE said:
What are you charging for commercial carpet cleaning?

If you offer some kind monthly stay clean maintenance program how are you charging for this service?

I have done little commercial work to date except for sub-contract. Rates around here are $.20 a square to less than $.10 but I’m not sure what the average is.

There are different options you can do for commercial carpet cleaning. First and foremost figure out what the customer is wanting. That will determine what options you offer them.

Give them several options, Annual Cleaning, Semi-Annual, 3 Times per year, and even 4 times per year.

Obviously with more frequency you CAN adjust the price a bit as your effort will be less and less the more they clean. If you have a cimex or a 175 you can do encap cleanings, and alternate between HWE and Encap on the appointments. At times you can get away with HWE once a year and encapping the 2nd, 3rd and even 4th appointment. Use your professional judgement to determine whats going to be best for them, as well as you.

You can break it down like such.

Annual:.25
Semi Annual:.20
3 Times per Year:.15
4 Times per Year:.10

Something to that effect. Figure out what you want to make on the job and price accordingly. Its easier to close on a commercial account by giving options, than just one price. Encapping is going to give you higher profitability, than HWE'ing every single appointment so remember to consider that option.

Hope that helps.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
mike when using your cimex on office or retail I go about 12.5 or average about 200 per hour . restraunts I have done terrible at and am in no position to offer advice.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We pretty much do as Steven posted, a declining rate as the frequency increases.

We usually HWE the first time and then maintain with Cimex or OP.

Make sure to offer a price with Scotch Guard and a price for a cheaper Carpet Protector like Pro's choice Protection plus.

I've had good luck since adding it to the estimate. It's extra profit thats quick and easy...

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I am getting ready to make a real marketing sales effort with commercial. The problem I want to avoid is spending allot of extra effort doing restorative cleaning only to have the account lost to some low baller or have them extend periods between cleaning because they know I can make it look good again.

How many of you are able to take a good percentage of you commercial customers off the market with a maintenance contract?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Mike,

If you build the relationship, and they trust you, and are happy with your work there is no need to worry.

I remember Jim Pemberton posting about commercial carpet cleaning. He advised to take a look at the building. Look for things like landscaping and things of that matter. Most likely they care about their appearance. If the carpet is trashed they probably only call someone once every few years, and expect miracles.

Go in with some facts. Show them the cost difference on maintaining it on a regular basis, versus restorative cleaning. Set your restorative price much higher. Even if you are doing a restorative clean, you can't promise everything. Hit on key things such as, cleaner carpets = a healthier working environment, protecting the original investment - carpet lasting longer.

Chris A

Name
Chris
ACE said:
I am getting ready to make a real marketing sales effort with commercial. The problem I want to avoid is spending allot of extra effort doing restorative cleaning only to have the account lost to some low baller or have them extend periods between cleaning because they know I can make it look good again.

How many of you are able to take a good percentage of you commercial customers off the market with a maintenance contract?

You'll never take them 100% off the market, but the easier you make it for them, the less likely it is that they will switch. So if you do things like have keys, let yourself in and out, and move furniture, it's a no-brainer and they are likely to not even think about it. It's funny, in residential you want to be seen by the customer as much as possible, in comm. it's just the opposite.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom