Commercial VS residential pricing

Lonny

Supportive Member
Do you all change the same or differently for the above scenarios. There are both clean and rat nasty in both resi and commerical. Both require about the same amount of work, but commercial seems to be much more sensitive to price, Granted my residential experience is extremely limited.

TimP

When pricing large CGD jobs you have to look at it from a time/production perspective. With large cgd jobs you don't have to set up your truck as often and you can keep working for long periods of time. You can get a lot of sq ft of carpet done in a relatively short time. And you have enough work in large jobs to hire cheaper help too.....to increase production. And if you have a Dual wand machine you can kick up production and pay out to help cheaper than you pay yourself and make a good money!!

Residential you are constantly on the go....driving from house to house, and room to room fighting confinded areas, not to mention furniture to move.....loading and unloading. You're sqft per hour is way lower than on CGD. In my case less than half the rate of CGD....

There isn't a whole lot of time difference in how dirty a job is as far as time. I'd say 10-15% more time for nasty carpet. So adjust your hourly rate as needed.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We are able to clean commercial carpet (3000 sq/ft & up) for a third of what we charge residentially. Yet commercial jobs are more profitable because we use high production systems and are cleaning not traveling from job to job.

MikeD00019

I some people stopped charging next to nothing we would all make more money. I never understood how people can clean business for next to nothing.

Able 1

Name
Keith
The only commercial carpet cleaning I do for real cheap is for this company that gets me the work... I just got home from one. I usually get 100.00 an hour but feel like a hack doing them because they get what they pay for!

I told the company things that I could do to clean them better but it would cost them more money... They said Keith just go over them real quick! :shock: Kind of a conflict for me but if thats what they want i'll give it to them.

The real reason I keep doing these is they give me alot during my slow times.

Keith

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Using a Cimex and the encapsulation method (Shampoo for Jimmy) you can get production rates in the 2000-2500sq/ft an hour or OP 1000-1500 sf/ft an hour, depending on soiling and furniture.

Multiply that times .08-.14 and you can easily see how you can be more profitable cleaning commercial carpet.

Larger jobs give you more flexibility in price.

We're not talking about delivering a lesser product, but actually giving them what they want and at a rate they can afford to maintain it.

Cooperate commercial, not restaurants, I'd get all you can for dirty restaurants or don't do them at all.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Commercial pricing is a bit better because of the frequency of repeat business.
I do some pubs every month and some hotels quarterly not to mention some retirement facilities. They get a better price respectively.

Most commercial jobs are going to care more about appearance than residential. Although the customer REALLY only cares about appearance in residential, they think they care about it being totally clean.

How often do you see your repeat residential? If you are lucky maybe 3 months...maybe 6 months...probably a year or more if you are not marketing to them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom