commercial

Name
Ron lippold
Just a quick updat. 3 days in and I have cleaned right at 12, 000 sq ft. Im going back in tomorrow, I will add what I do tomorrow and bill them for this weeks work. Then we start back on monday.

They are loving it, no wick back and the colors aRe popping.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
you all are over thinking this.

Sometimes no....

but a lot of times yes.....

good on ya for gettin it....and for making them happy.....even if you dont vac, crb, and vac again, before the wand even hits the carpet....

there are times when the K.I.S.S method works best, and is most profitable

Name
Ron lippold
Well I finished the week with 15700 sq ft done, getting back at it monday morning. Looks like it will be a mon thru thursday gig.

Mikey P

Administrator
Q's..

How did the Vortex perform?
Any wicking issues?
Please describe your steps/process..
How many square feet per hour are you averaging?
What cleaning agents are you using?
Any speed drying techniques used?
What has been the biggest surprise so far?
What are you doing after you finish up at this job each day?

Name
Ron lippold
Well so far it has all been a chore. This facility is open 24 hours a day from thursday to monday at 4am. No janitoral work done at all over the weekend. The V is working like a champ 400 foot hose runs every day, 24 flow flushing away and no wicking issues. I have used enzall slop and gobble, 02 and a few others, rinsing with judsons and soft water. We have 4 fans blowing away any 45 minute dry times.

I start at 4 am and have to be pulled out by 8 am right at a 1000 sq ft a hour. Slow stroking. I thought i could cover a little more than that, well seen on the next round if it goes faster.
First check is all ready in the bank.....
We have a couple of fans blowing to aid in drying.
After the job I get started on my regular day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Art Kelley

Mikey P

Administrator
and how long will this go on for?
were you able to hire your old guy back?
are you getting up at 2:45 each day?
What time are you finishing up most days?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
That's exactly what I was thinking you should hook up a zipper and see what it will do for production on a job like this. Even if you ared dual wanding the zipper will hold vac consistently while the wand is always being lifted off the carpet. Just an idea.

We really haven't been able to use ours on a big job as we haven't had any 3000 or bigger jobs in over a month they are coming but I am very anxious to get this zipper some work.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Well so far it has all been a chore. This facility is open 24 hours a day from thursday to monday at 4am. No janitoral work done at all over the weekend. The V is working like a champ 400 foot hose runs every day, 24 flow flushing away and no wicking issues. I have used enzall slop and gobble, 02 and a few others, rinsing with judsons and soft water. We have 4 fans blowing away any 45 minute dry times.

I start at 4 am and have to be pulled out by 8 am right at a 1000 sq ft a hour. Slow stroking. I thought i could cover a little more than that, well seen on the next round if it goes faster.
First check is all ready in the bank.....
We have a couple of fans blowing to aid in drying.
After the job I get started on my regular day.

Been there many o time ron, nice way to build up the bank account in the short term.

Really messes your life up though, be careful of being in that routine for too long.

Name
Ron lippold
Thanks for all the kind words. This job will most likely take me three more weeks to finish. And from what ive heard they will want me to start over again. Looks like it could be going on for a long while. I wont get lance back for a month or so. I usually get up at three am so this is not a big deal, IT'S nice to make a day before 8am. I usually work till 4 pm. Some days I just like to sit on a rock.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Once you get this cleaned up can you move to encapsulation?

Can you get them to stop the capture?

I would move to a rotational program with 2 monthly trips.
Try to go every 2 weeks or on first and third Monday.

Take 3 cimexes and you can do 15,000 sf in 3 hours and spot the other half of the building.

You can then extract high traffic areas on a quarterly rotation.

I have 2 40k building's we do every month. It works out great.

I also would try to out grow this situation with a commercial crew. You put yourself at risk with giving them such a large amount of your monthly schedule.

If you could pick up a couple restaurant's to do before this job you have the start of an amazing night each week.

Congratulations on getting this.

Name
Ron lippold
They wont get rid of the capture and they have a team of portable extractors going as well, they have told me they want to do it quarterly, I think on this I will just do what the manufacturer want done, this carpet is new and needs to last 5-7 years and is under warranty, I will most likely pick up a lot more work from them.

Thanks for the advice Tom.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have had the Zipper for about a week and will never go back. It would be perfect for a job like this. Great score

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I have had the Zipper for about a week and will never go back. It would be perfect for a job like this. Great score

I'm glad you're liking the Zipper. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't force them to drink.

Reactions: tmdry

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
wtf kind of place is this Ron? Never seen something that big with that much traffic and they actually maintain it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom