commerical glue down

G

ive got a really bad commerical job on saturday its glue down im using judson prey spray with hot sauce and rinse im gonna use my 175 to agitate whats the most aggressive color of pad i can use on it thanks campusman 57

501Timothy

Not really, I usally appply normal amount of pre spay and spay the pad heavy with pre spray. Don't work in an area that will dry before you get to it,and spray the pad some where that you don't soak the carpet as well. You need to keep the machine moving along doesn't take as much scrubbing as stripping VCT.

501Timothy

If its just you(one person) Probally 400 to 600 SQ FT Of open area depends on how fast you work. A hellper could keep you moving spraying and scrubbing infront of you.

G

wouldnt you let the pre spray dwell a little while after you pre scrub

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
campusman57 said:
how far ahead would u go before you extract or would u time it

depends how heavy you pre-spray.
Don't scrub so far ahead that the scrubbed in pre-spray is near dry by the time you extract

..L.T.A.

G

ok thanks me and my helper i have two heavy 175 ill get some red pads we will do about 600 sq feet then extract with the green horn

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
get the pad wet before you use it

if you use a greeblue scrubbing pad then wear it down a little on some concrete first

is the carpet olefin/nylon/polyester

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
campusman57 said:
ok thanks me and my helper i have two heavy 175 ill get some red pads we will do about 600 sq feet then extract with the green horn

use a red pad, just cause you asked about them suggests to me you shouldn't be using a green one.
It's VERY aggressive
Keep plenty pre-spray down with red pad too

two scrubbers running will blow one wand away.

Here's what we do;

the first man wheels in the scrubber, sets up and starts scrubbing.
Second man is setting up the TM.
By the time the TM is set up, the scrub man has a good head start and the scrubbed pre-spray has had a little dwell time to boot.

TM starts flush/rinse extracting and the scrub man continues to rock and roll.

The scrubber will out pace the wand
(unless you fly with a wand)

..L.T.A.

G

would it be better to lay down the prespray with a pump up or through the truck with the hydr force if throught the truck your mixing rinse and pre spray i would think pump up no

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
campusman57 said:
would it be better to lay down the prespray with a pump up or through the truck with the hydr force if throught the truck your mixing rinse and pre spray i would think pump up no

HMMM, pump up, eh?

that would be too darn slow for me to get the amount of re-spray I'd want.
I forget not everyone has an electric sprayer.
I'd probably use the hydroforce if my only other option was pump-up

If you run an emulsifier thru the TM, that's no problem.
if acid rinse, why?
especially if the place is trashed. You could benefit with emulsifier rinse.

if you insist on an acid rinse because that's what some chem salesman....er..instructor taught you, just turn the chem meter on the TM down to zero when spraying

..L.T.A.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Try spraying some encap solution down after cleaning. If you only have a 175 use either a tan or hogs hair pad to go over it. I really like the hogs hair pad with my op.

dicksboyle

We use out tm with prespay and the dirty black rinses away at 250 heat and enz all
Hi its
Dick Boyle

G

I do 90% cgd; Never used a scrubber; Greenhorn with a good prespray will work better; use citrus solv 2 ounces to a 2 gal pump-up sprayer on high traffic spots; let sit 5 mins extract lots of hot water. CGD can be cleaned really easily with minimal time.

G

Well; the cgd I do is in high traffic businesses with blacktop tar oil and a lotta sand in carpet; Plus secret sauce prespray; you can't go wrong. A rinse with clean hot water goes a long way if properly treated. That Greenhorn with a glide on it is perfect for cgd.

Sorry about that; wife brought me a great Margarita; she trying to sweet talk me :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rjfdube said:
That Greenhorn with a glide on it is perfect for cgd.
:

Rickie, I'm not suggesting the GH wand isn't a good wand.
I'm saying you have nothing to compare the difference between a pre-spray roto scrub and extract compared to pre-spray and extract alone

Test for yourself, Bro.
give it a try on the next heavy soiled olefin loop pile com.
scrub your nuke juice with a 175 and beige/hogs hair or red pad, then extract.
I'm confident you'll see noticeable improvement in side by side comparison to pre-spray and wand alone.

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom