company graphics

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So I just seen my graphics flash on the dollar bill coupon on the banner. But now I'm a painting company.
So how do you protect yourself from someone taking the graphics you gave them for a job and then they use them for another customer.
I paid a lot of money to have my logo made so it sucks when someone uses it.

Last edited:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Stuff like your logo on the internet should already be copyright protected by the fair use laws and they can not be used for an other company's business. Also, did you register your trade name in your state? With a quick search it looks like Procare painting is used in 20 different states.

Last edited:

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I did register in my state but I never did a copyright on the logo. This will be moved up on the list.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
So I just seen my graphics flash on the dollar bill coupon on the banner. But now I'm a painting company.
So how do you protect yourself from someone taking the graphics you gave them for a job and then they use them for another customer.
I paid a lot of money to have my logo made so it sucks when someone uses it.

Really you can't.....I spend a lot of money designing my logo and name but people have pulled it apart and manipulated it to there liking....I have tag lines.....logo.....name and a few other things trademarked/registered but....when I see someone has used them I have to decide at what point it is going to effect me....

good example.....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-Clean-Carpets/261059687274442?fref=ts

this guy here took my name...changed it a bit...took my logo...also changed it a bit...plus..he pretty mush took a crap load of things off my web site and some cleaning pictures from someone else here on the board.......I talked to him....he told me that he hired a graphics person to do it for him and it is what they came up with....(?)...either way....he is way in Georgia...at this point in time I can not see how it can effect me....so you just have to pick your battles.....95% of the people who copy you normally fail anyway....anyone can clean carpet....( well almost anyone )..........but running a business that's an entirely different ball game.........and if they can't figure it out on there own right out of the starting gate...they are in for a slow painful death...........

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I had some one in Florida that copied my entire 1st page from my website word for word except for changing the name and phone number.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Jim, I thought that I remembered seeing something similar before. This company is owned by a good guy, a local guy to me. He has been in business for a long time. I have had dinner with him a few times.

http://beyondcarpetcleaning.com/

large-aboutus.jpg

Last edited:

Bill Morgan

Name
Captain Morgan
this guy here took my name...changed it a bit...took my logo...also changed it a bit...plus..he pretty mush took a crap load of things off my web site and some cleaning pictures from someone else here on the board.......I talked to him....he told me that he hired a graphics person to do it for him and it is what they came up with....(?)...either way....he is way in Georgia...at this point in time I can not see how it can effect me....so you just have to pick your battles.....95% of the people who copy you normally fail anyway....anyone can clean carpet....( well almost anyone )..........but running a business that's an entirely different ball game.........and if they can't figure it out on there own right out of the starting gate...they are in for a slow painful death...........

Do you think the guy in Georgia will be upset if I "borrow" HIS company name and logo and just tweek it a little? :bull:
Some people's kids...honestly

Name
BradFenstermaker
Jim we could all send price quote's everyday for awhile??? It is frustrating win you see what you worked hard for copied with a different number and name thats for sure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom