Company Shirts/Uniforms

Queensboro - custom logo shirts, hats and accessories. Embroidery or print. Queensboro always has a great sale on some of their merchandise. Current Special 33% OFF First order.

[iframe:18zslc4v]http://www.queensboro.com/ref/ECEMCCCQMRB[/iframe:18zslc4v]

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I like a decent quality shirt. Plus central Texas is hotter than a muther many months of the year. I'd like to get a Polo style shirt and some T-shirts for when we are doing demo. Can anyone make a recommendation on a specific shirt that they have bought?

We bought the Sport-Tek Dri-Mesh polo by Port Authority. It looks very professional, but is cooler than a t-shirt because it is a mesh type shirt. The local shop embroidered the shirts and sold them to me for around $20 per polo. You can't beat that, in my opinion. I have had 2 that we have used for every job for around 15 months now (a lot of washes!), and they have held up great! I will be ordering more soon.

Thanks, Chris

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Target has a heavy mesh, all cotton polo (Merona brand) you can often find on sale for around ten bucks. I loaded up last week.

Take them to the local embroidery shop.

Gettin hard to find fish-net wife-beaters any more.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Make sure you buy ONE shirt to try before you get a bunch embroidered. I've tried some famous maker Dri-Techs that cling and feel like your're wearing thin rubber, and had others that were cut in an odd manner and never looked very good.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
How many shirts are you buying? Are they for emloyees or you? Do you want NICE shirts for yourself or cheapo's? I bought some really nice Polo's from JC Penny's and it is where I buy my sons company shirts. I buy them and then take them to a local place to stich the logo. I have also seen some really nice ones at Nordstoms' Rack (their clearance outlet) They had some Nike shirts for $30 that where normally $100. itis your buisness and your writing it off and your wearing them for most of your day so don't go cheap.

If you are looking for employee uniforms and have several employees calling a uniform company is way cheaper in the long run. Cintas ,aramark, uni-first etc all are pretty close in price but make sure to call 3 of them and hve them all bing samples and let them know you are calling 2 others so they all coem with their A game. If you don't have at least 5 people then ignore this last part.

Just so you guys are aware, bringing your own shirts to your local embroidery/print shop usually doesn't save you money. Usually it ends up costing more. I was in the screen printing business up until a year ago. Your apparel shop is able to buy shirts at wholesale cost, since they buy in bulk. Many printers and embroiderers will actually charge you more to print on your own goods too.

Just something to keep in mind.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
go to sears or where ever and pick yourself out the type of shirts that you like.then take them down to your local sports supply joint and have them do it.........they are better equipped for things like logos and names....cost way less....and they look way better......been doing mine that way for about 6 years now..........

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I agree with Phillip, I get mine from the shop that does the silk screening for me. They told me the same thing.

gene

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I'm not really looking for the cheapest option. Not that I want to spend a ton of money or anything.

I'm pretty picky about the type of shirt that I wear. I hate wearing shirts that don't fit right or are made of crappy material. I'd like to get a nicer shirt for myself and my wife. Maybe get some t-shirts with my logo for demo and laborers.

tim

We wear nothing but Under Armour polo shirts. They wash up nice, are cool, dont get soaked on hot days or show salt stains for employees that sweat alot. You can get them online with your logo, 12 at a time

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
It's a tough business. It costs to have your logo either digitzed for embroidery, or screens made for them. I have been in the business for the last 4 years, and I am slowly getting out. We still screen up to 6 colors, or use a 4-color process, and we still do some embroidery.

But once your shop has the design digitized or screens made, they usually won't charge you more for reprints. They will charge more if you bring in your own shirts, sometimes.

And yes, there is a big mark up on apparell. But remember, there is a pretty big mark up on CC'ing, also, if you figure the actual costs.

Bob Foster

Good shirt for those with porcine tendencies... available in several colors
grayshirt.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom