Competitor left me a bad google review. What would you do?

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Re: Competitor left me a bad google review. What would you d

Bad reviews can be seen as a positive. Customers will sometimes look at bad reviews to get a better picture of your company. Go on to explain that you don't remember this job and that you would love to have the customer call you back to repeat the service for free. Explain that your service is high quality and it is evident by the other reviews. Worded correctly this could get you more customers than it loses.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman

idreadnought said:
Bad reviews can be seen as a positive. Customers will sometimes look at bad reviews to get a better picture of your company. Go on to explain that you don't remember this job and that you would love to have the customer call you back to repeat the service for free. Explain that your service is high quality and it is evident by the other reviews. Worded correctly this could get you more customers than it loses.

IMHO this is true. I have a poor review on Angies List. The (not so) valued customer stated that I did a good job removing the damage done on his 3 rooms of white carpet by his 120 lb doggie's trotting rectal squirts, but my $80 (old fee) minimum service charge was excessive. It is hard to not take these things to heart.

Mike, I could really use a pumpout. I am installing a Butler waste tank paired with a Performer 405 in my new rig.

I can take care of your area rugs as well. Stop by when you get a chance and check out my rug shop. Call me, I will buy the brewskies - yes I do drink. My girlfriend just moved out and I have a bit of extra time on my hands...

3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4Vf-MFzuUA3]

Bjorn

I had a local cleaner leave me a one star on google and that was it just one star

with a friend we found a whole trail of things that led back to this person took screen shots pretty black and white.

funny thing is on one site where this person was leaving feed backs they had a picture of them in the avatar then on his company web site guess what a picture of them.

then I had a little talk with this person at 7.30 AM the star was removed and all other things and pictures of what lead me to them was removed from the internet

funny how that happens

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony

I have a competitor who'll remain nameless doing the same to me. Actually put me in 3 of his "buddy's" houses and flat out set me up for bad reviews, once they appt's were booked no matter what we'd have done - it was going to end up with a bad review.

Now doing the same thing on our online reviews - we did have one bad deserved - the rest were him and bogus.

I don't have a lot of time to chase down those things, so whether my responses to them were the most right way to handle it or not - is not to concerning.

His last post we replied, very simply, put us in your home, if you follow our recommended protocol, and we don't exceed your expectations we won't charge a penny.

Since I have gotten about 2 dozen calls telling us that was the reason they called.

That was just a week ago too. So in some ways his baby games will be sending me new custy's.

randy

Name
Randy

I'm not saying that Dave Rampage isn't the problem child here, but until evidence of his guilt is posted WE SHOULD ALL GIVE HIM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT. You claim to have evidence that Dave Rampage is responsible for posting the reviews so post it. If he is in fact guilty, so be it BUT IF HE IS NOT GUILTY this accusation on a public board should be removed. Some misguided person might decide to ding Dave's google reviews just to get even and that's not fair either. By posting the allegations on this board you are kind of sitting him up for that.

Lets see some proof pretty soon or kill this thread. Fair is fair and this really isn't.

supersoaker

Name
Michael Malandruccolo

Newman said:
idreadnought said:

IMHO this is true. I have a poor review on Angies List. The (not so) valued customer stated that I did a good job removing the damage done on his 3 rooms of white carpet by his 120 lb doggie's trotting rectal squirts, but my $80 (old fee) minimum service charge was excessive. It is hard to not take these things to heart.

Mike, I could really use a pumpout. I am installing a Butler waste tank paired with a Performer 405 in my new rig.

I can take care of your area rugs as well. Stop by when you get a chance and check out my rug shop. Call me, I will buy the brewskies - yes I do drink. My girlfriend just moved out and I have a bit of extra time on my hands...

x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4Vf-MFzuUAx]

Hi Chris,

I'll give you a call either tomorrow or Saturday.

My girlfriend is in Laos until May. She is coming back though thathurts

supersoaker

Name
Michael Malandruccolo

randy said:
I'm not saying that Dave Rampage isn't the problem child here, but until evidence of his guilt is posted WE SHOULD ALL GIVE HIM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT. You claim to have evidence that Dave Rampage is responsible for posting the reviews so post it. If he is in fact guilty, so be it BUT IF HE IS NOT GUILTY this accusation on a public board should be removed. Some misguided person might decide to ding Dave's google reviews just to get even and that's not fair either. By posting the allegations on this board you are kind of sitting him up for that.

Lets see some proof pretty soon or kill this thread. Fair is fair and this really isn't.

Well I'm happy to report the review has been taken down and I'll leave it at that.

supersoaker

Name
Michael Malandruccolo

Thanks everyone for your support. The review is now gone.

GCP

Brian R said:
Respond to the review...which you can do as the owner.

And don't worry about it too much...a review is a review and people will know the real story.

exactly what i was thinking brian..

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

I had Chemdry start an entire website with info based on my company, you wouldn't know the differebce until you called

randy

Name
Randy

That's messed up ! Maybe you should call him a few dozen times until he makes a YouTube video.....

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman

XTREME1 said:
I had Chemdry start an entire website with info based on my company, you wouldn't know the differebce until you called

what is the website address greg?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

they redacted the carpet cleaning but you have mail charles

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom