Complete shower floor redux w/ SGA

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
What do you think of this this Larry?

not much

He says contractors don't want you to know this because they can't make money if they don't tear it out
:headscratch:

why?
Contractors bid jobs on the work scope .
If I was bidding, I'd simply deduct the demo man hours and add the wall prep hours
and I'm not so sure there's a tremendous difference in time to demo that and hang tile board compared to three coats (primer and two coats of sealant) given the wait/dead time waiting for paint to dry

Two men would have that demo'd and rock board up in a few hours

as far as going over existing..
Don't see much horror in going over tile IF they're rock solid secure.

Reason most contractors suggest demo, isn't because "they don't make money by not demo'ing" ..that's a stOOpit statement
It's because they don't know the condition or type of substrate under the tile.
and when they start with new, they can guarantee it's "all" correct/right and back it with a warranty
AND they're not burying mold.....

"you can DIY for only $200"

most any homeowner capable of doing a quality tile install, could demo and hang rock board too ....$fiddy bukz more in materials and "know" it's 100% right

..L.T.A.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
not much

He says contractors don't want you to know this because they can't make money if they don't tear it out
:headscratch:

why?
Contractors bid jobs on the work scope .
If I was bidding, I'd simply deduct the demo man hours and add the wall prep hours
and I'm not so sure there's a tremendous difference in time to demo that and hang tile board compared to three coats (primer and two coats of sealant) given the wait/dead time waiting for paint to dry

Two men would have that demo'd and rock board up in a few hours

as far as going over existing..
Don't see much horror in going over tile IF they're rock solid secure.

Reason most contractors suggest demo, isn't because "they don't make money by not demo'ing" ..that's a stOOpit statement
It's because they don't know the condition or type of substrate under the tile.
and when they start with new, they can guarantee it's "all" correct/right and back it with a warranty
AND they're not burying mold.....

"you can DIY for only $200"

most any homeowner capable of doing a quality tile install, could demo and hang rock board too ....$fiddy bukz more in materials and "know" it's 100% right

..L.T.A.

Yea I’m not sure anyone sensible would guarantee the shower not knowing the condition of the substrate. In AZ by law it’s a two year warranty, I’ve seen diy shower installs not usually pretty

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom