Congratulations to Truckmounts and Cleaning Solutions !!

1958MGA

Congratulations to Truckmounts and Cleaning Solutions in Norcross, GA. for becoming the FIRST truckmount manufacturer to be certified by Kohler in meeting or exceeding all EPA certification requirements on all the Kohler gas truckmount units and becoming the FIRST manufacturer to use the new Kohler diesel in a truckmount application. In extensive testing by Kohler the TCS diesel truckmount not only met all requirements but exceeded them dramatically.
The EPA regulations on small engines have reached our industry and will have widespread impact in the very near future.
Congratulations again to Truckmounts and Cleaning Solutions for taking the initiative and becoming the first truckmount manufacturer certified to meet or exceed EPA requirements !!

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I don't know anything at all about TCS or it's products but I got to say it always turns me off when someone bats themself on the back.

1958MGA

Shane - Please let me clarify. I do not work for Truckmounts and Cleaning Solutions. I am however recognizing them for their accomplishment because they deserve it. What they have accomplished is huge for our industry. The EPA certifications are not easy to achieve and they have exceeded those requirements. Truckmounts and Cleaning Solutions deserves to be "patted" on the back - they have worked hard to achieve the certifications. Take some time and research the company - they have been in business a very long time and I know you will be impressed by the level of quality, professionalism, and dedication to our industry that they adhere to.

Mike Draper

My Judson C4 doesnt have any EPA certification, I bet it runs a whole lot cleaner than that diesel. Although, It is a good thing they are trying to run their Truck Mount cleaner.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Diesel smell makes me sick to my stomach. If I had to smell it ten hours a day in customer's driveways I would understand if someone shot me.

Cameron1

Mike Draper said:
My Judson C4 doesnt have any EPA certification, I bet it runs a whole lot cleaner than that diesel. Although, It is a good thing they are trying to run their Truck Mount cleaner.

I think propane does burn cleaner but it sure takes a lot more of it to produce a usable btu than diesel. T hat fact, plus the cost of propane here vs. Diesel makes this new,cleaner,quiet ,no smell kolher diesel the logical choice.

With your set- up ( all propane) vs. Mine (all diesel ) we should track fuel consumption on vehicle, unit, and heater to see whAt the overall cost are per set-up.

The sprinter is getting a whopping 20miles per gallon before it went into the shOp for the install. It will be interesting to see the mileage after install and usage.

Mike Draper

1.2 gph in the Judson / .5 gph in the HX. Les already put the c4 under working conditions for an hour to track the exact gph of propane. In a large truck you can lose up to 33% efficiency using propane, however, it doesn't take much horsepower to turn a blower and a pump if it is set up correctly, about 16. From what I've read on my engine specs, I will lose about 3-4 horsepower running propane on my engine. Under full load the rpm's only drop about 350. Propane is $2.00 gallon here. I'll keep tracking the usage throughout the year.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The TM manufacturer doesn't have anything to do with getting an EPA certification, that is entirely between the ENGINE manufacturer and the EPA.

Nice try to take credit.

Cameron1

Lee Stockwell said:
The TM manufacturer doesn't have anything to do with getting an EPA certification, that is entirely between the ENGINE manufacturer and the EPA.

Nice try to take credit.
Re- read the post ya moron

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Good job TCS..... I am suppose to be buying a new TCS chief this coming Wednesday! The unit it brand new but has been in storage at my distys warehouse for 2 years!! I just need to find a van by Wednesday. I have that dodge van i took the prochem legend out of .. but ugh.. Wish me luck on wednesday. Im sure this unit sitting on the shelf for 2 years is not epa certified

1958MGA

Lee - Let me try to clarify your misconception - you are partly correct in that the engine manufacturer has to meet the EPA regs. HOWEVER - ANY manufacturer that uses small engines - not just our industry - has to meet the EPA guidelines for emissions for use in that given application. The manufacturer - in this case we are discussing Truckmounts & Cleaning Solutions - must have their assembled unit tested and approved by the engine manufacturer for that given application to meet EPA guidelines and engine manufacturer parameters. You can no longer bolt on an engine and go - the fines that can be levied by the EPA are huge. Truckmounts and Cleaning Solutions has taken the initiative to be proactive and spend the time and money to insure they are selling truckmounts that meet EPA regulations. I hope this helps explain the misinformation about the manufacturer not being involved as they absolutely must be involved - all units have to be tested and approved by the engine manufacturer in a given application to insure the engines not only meet all guidelines but are also the correct engine specs for a given application. There is a lot more to this than bolting an engine to a frame.
Congratulations again to Truckmounts and Cleaning Solutions. They do deserve a lot of credit for their proactive work in manufacturing compliant truckmounts for our industry.

Mike Draper

nothing to do with the cleanliness of how that engine runs or you, but the EPA can eat shit and die!!!!! :twisted:

Cameron1

Mike Draper said:
nothing to do with the cleanliness of how that engine runs or you, but the EPA can eat shit and die!!!!! :twisted:
Now there's something that we can agree on!

Will Duke

joeynbgky said:
Good job TCS..... I am suppose to be buying a new TCS chief this coming Wednesday! The unit it brand new but has been in storage at my distys warehouse for 2 years!! I just need to find a van by Wednesday. I have that dodge van i took the prochem legend out of .. but ugh.. Wish me luck on wednesday. Im sure this unit sitting on the shelf for 2 years is not epa certified

Awesome! 'Better late than never - we always like to hear when someone is using our equipment :) Of course, it doesn't matter how old it is, we'll help you take care of it. And tell your distributor to call us tomorrow if he needs anything for your install on Wed. I'll make sure it gets there in time.

Also, I'd love to see a picture when everything gets put in.

Will Duke

'Speaking of new truckmounts going in, I'm pretty excited about Steve's diesel. All this talk about the EPA and "Kohler Certified" stuff is really not that big of a deal to some guys.

I was talking to a poor dude just the other day who bought his TM from someone else because it was cheaper. He was in our service department because his engine was shot after about 30 days. The engine manufacturer of course didn't know the company who built his TM. In fact, they indicated to us that the way this particular truckmount was designed was a major issue. Apparently, the engine's warranty was voided the day the TM was built. (I wonder if the guy knew that when he bought it...)

It's the kind of thing that cleaners don't always consider when making a purchase, but it's worth noting...

The Chief II Diesel that Cameron's getting installed for example isn't the only truckmount we build that is approved/certified/blessed (whatever you call it) by the engine manufacturer. All of our TM's are "approved applications" for their respective engines.

When I'm helping someone choose one of our systems, I usually mention that ALL of the components we use in assembly maintain their individual manufacturer's warranties because of our design. Of course, our warranty is above and beyond that, but it's good to know your TM isn't a ticking time bomb.

I think the real point here is that there are several companies who are claiming to use the same Kohler diesel on their TM's, but Kohler doesn't know who they are. And these fellas haven't cared enough (or had the money) to take that extra step to give their customers this little peace of mind.

It doesn't matter who invented the truckmount... or who built the best one back in the day...

It matters who builds the best one now.

Cheers,

-Will

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Will Duke said:
It doesn't matter who invented the truckmount... or who built the best one back in the day...

Cheers,

-Will

Cheap jab at Judson? Back up your claim with facts, if you really think you can.

Cameron1

I really don 't think Will was trying to slam anyone. I doubt he even knows who Judson is........the guy's about 18 years old.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
I'm not trying to rain upon anybody's parade here but what TCS has done is not new to the industry. All the major manufacturers have been doing this for years. Honestly it's part of the certification process that you must go through to been compliant with warranty and other issues beyond the EPA.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Johnny said:
Will Duke said:

Cheers,

-Will

Cheap jab at Judson? Back up your claim with facts, if you really think you can.
It ain't cheap if its his constant mantra.

And, it is also a true statement, or is that beside the point?
Let the best product win.

Do I see a video coming? :p

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
If i dont find a newer van by Wednesday im in trouble! I keep thinking do i need this thing or just want it? lol but i am still van shopping all day tommorrow

Mike Draper

Cheers,

-Will

It also doesnt matter that your diesel truckmounts are EPA certified, because diesel in truck mounts will go the way of dinosaurs really soon. It's the most expensive fuel out there. Might as well be aviation fuel.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
you actually burn less diesel then gas because it produces more energy for an equal volume. I get 15 in my big box fully loaded which is better then my 1 ton van without the 200 gal water tank. diesel engines cost more but will outlast 3 or more gas engines. Also gas engines tend to run very hot in stationary situations where a diesel is ideal for it. Diesels tend to be louder but I don't have any smell. Only the older diesels produce that smell. My box truck produces less smell then my 97 camaro.

gene

Never pay any attention to what critics say…Remember, a statue has never been set up in honour of a critic!

Jean Sibelius

3654213954_ecd2fc7d7a.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
6QrbnKZu_3x1BAaoFUc_4GJCawWr26L-h9F3fsjD_fqMDBTKoVbr3jF3sYYLCgxwdD2xlLjCfVWL_5mnUjV1Q8PAfA=s512

VJqqJDMMLdJDGKC0XmZ2yleIs91JPytSD4zkwvfrHLX-YLpLya6W3SOz0gHtgJ0QDOUw5qPs3tIfNp_qfxH0Wc2zKg=s512

maybe I'm not seeing this right but it appears that there is no room on that truck for vacuums, 175s, buckets, tools...nothing???

got any more pics?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom