Connections in Vegas 2010

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
http://www.connectionsconvention.org/cn ... genda.html

A few interesting talks planned. Even Rudy from the football movie as a speaker.
Out of 3 days there is only 4hrs per day to try and get through the trade show, always wish they'd give a few more hours to that. I always feel rushed.

I noticed CRI is having a session:

2. The Evolution of SOA: Six Years Later - Werner Braun, President, Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI). It has been six years since CRI entered into the arena of testing and certifying cleaning equipment and products and while there have been a few hurdles along the way; the Seal of Approval (SOA) testing program is stronger today than ever. Join Werner Braun, as he talks about the newest additions to the program and how the program may evolve.

Good grief. They are still trying to beat this dead horse. Its like all of our discussions are falling on deaf ears. "A few hurdles along the way", they still haven't gotten over the ones they were trying to get over at the beginning!! They must be trying to sell themselves more than any of us.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
This does appear to be a better program than in recent events. Looks to be fewer "pals on the program" that get a free trip at Connections' expense.

The reason the trade show hours are short is because that's what the exhibitors demand. They're there to sell stuff, but like all sales people they value their golf course and bar time as well. Sometimes those are places the real selling is done.

Might be interesting to find how the CRI program might evolve. I think the CRI program started out well, and then they got some bad advice or tried to emulate GreenSeal and IICRC programs that try to force people to buy in. Constant ridicule from the rest of the cleaning industry may have made them think again. If it seems they're happy with their present course and are just going to expand the program we're probably going to have to be more active about letting customers and carpet retailers know why we reject it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Wonder what it would cost for them to have an actual person show up to do a surprise inspection/observation of "real" operating procedures rather than a lab test of theoretical procedures

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Look for the Network Carpet Cleaning booth. :mrgreen:
Finally, something FOR the carpet cleaner BY the carpet cleaner. :wink:

rhyde

Name
rhyde
The Great Oz said:
I think the CRI program started out well, and then they got some bad advice or tried to emulate GreenSeal and IICRC programs that try to force people to buy in. Constant ridicule from the rest of the cleaning industry may have made them think again.

I doubt they cared about ridicule from cleaners they likely got around (or their law firm) to realize the CRI program violated federal trade commission law with respect to warranty provisions.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Sorry I don't have any, I go cause it's Vegas not for the show. 2-3 hrs at most at the trade show over 2 days and I'm solid.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom