Connections - so what did we miss?!?!

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Any fist fights in the halls between Larry Cooper and anyone trying to take away his IICRC or Connections gravy train?

Any innocent trade show walkers run over by Dennis in his TradeShow-mobile?

Anyone there tanner than Howard?

Anyone there dumber about cleaning than Braun?

Anyone more boring than Monahan?

Anyone cooler than Yeadon? (You gotta admit - Bill's cool.) =)

Anything really worth seeing in the show or the program this year that we missed? Besides of course the cool people who were there... which seems to be more and more the only reason to go to these things.

Inquiring minds want to know. =)

Lisa

Bob Foster

I sensed that many of the exhibitors were making more effort to reach out a little more to engage the people browsing the isles.

.....but not in a Cancun Mexican souvenir shop kinda way :p ....

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
LisaWagnerCRS said:
Lisa
Actually, Lisa, Big Billy wasn't there for the first time in memory. Here is what he sent out yesterday to all of his co-workers:

"My daughter Sara gave birth to our first grandchild, Sara Marie Zerkel at 1:43 am after 30 hours of labor. Emma is 6.5 lbs and 20 inches. All are doing well."

Steve

PS It felt kind of weird having a room to myself at the Hilton. Bill and I have always been roomies in Las Vegas. And I gotta say Howard looked a little paler this year.

Mikey P

Administrator
JHC Perky, you sure have developed a MBtude towards this fine industry..

I think I enjoyed this years trade show more than ever but we sure missed your ass walking the isles.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Mikey P said:

I think I enjoyed this years trade show more than ever but we sure missed your ass walking the isles.

PICS???

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Steve Toburen said:
LisaWagnerCRS said:
Lisa
Actually, Lisa, Big Billy wasn't there for the first time in memory. Here is what he sent out yesterday to all of his co-workers:

"My daughter Sara gave birth to our first grandchild, Sara Marie Zerkel at 1:43 am after 30 hours of labor. Emma is 6.5 lbs and 20 inches. All are doing well."

Steve

PS It felt kind of weird having a room to myself at the Hilton. Bill and I have always been roomies in Las Vegas. And I gotta say Howard looked a little paler this year.

Billy's a Grandpa??? Congrats! I'll have to shoot him an email.

Lisa got that one right. There is something about Bill that just makes you want to be friends with the guy.

Mikey P

Administrator
Seeing how we got Jimmy Merry and now Forsythe back as a global moderator, maybe Bill will see fit to join us hoooliegans again well.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Any fist fights in the halls between Larry Cooper and anyone trying to take away his IICRC or Connections gravy train?

Any innocent trade show walkers run over by Dennis in his TradeShow-mobile?

Anyone there dumber about cleaning than Braun?

Anyone more boring than Monahan?

Funny stuff! :mrgreen:

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Mikey P said:

Studebaker said:
Oh that's really classy mike

HUh? LOL....you just use the words Mikey and classy together :lol:

I didn't go this year which is why it was more enjoyable for everyone. Did Clark and Dust have a front leaking centrifuge again this year?

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Was free beer really available?

I came sooo close to going because of the beer.

Sippin suds and checkin out cleaning stuff ranks pretty high on the fun factor scale.

F

FB7777

Studebaker said:
Oh that's really classy mike

DSC04749.jpg

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
That's what happens when your at the demo truck and it's 100+. A little pool time as well. So get off my back

G

Hey Lisa,
I may have been the most boring. I ended up sharing a microphone with Jeff and that was not a good fit for me at all. I felt as if my microphone time was a waste of electricity.
On the humorous side someone (NOT ME) put cards for free drinks and free limo rides from the Sapphire Gentleman’s Club on the Sapphire Scientific display. The free lap dance for booking a party of 8 was a nice touch.
I got to hang out a little with Scott Warrenton and Tom Forsyth. Really great guys! Scott was the only person I saw wearing a Mikey’s Board T-Shirt. I was jealous, wish I had one!
I stopped by ARCS and shot a video and they wanted me to know that ARCS is s not the Amirkhan Rug Club Society. They had some wild idea that was floating around he Internet and they wanted to dispel the rumor.
Ellen was not in evidence but poor old Aaron was moping around the MasterBleed booth. It looked like a quiet show for him.
The Smurf squad had a very subdued booth with no equipment. Rumor has it that they are renaming their October event and naming it after the tub washer. i.e. Rub Summit to now is called the Rug Scum-pit.
I missed out on all the politics, I am so dumb I still haven’t figured out who the players are or what the were fighting over. I am sorry I did not get the chance to meet more people. The only big disappointment for me was not getting to meet you in the flesh. Maybe next time…
Barry
http://oriental-rug-cleaning.blogspot.com/

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Brian R said:
[quote="Steve Toburen":4x0mhsxj]
LisaWagnerCRS said:
Lisa

Steve

Billy's a Grandpa??? Congrats! I'll have to shoot him an email.

Lisa got that one right. There is something about Bill that just makes you want to be friends with the guy.[/quote:4x0mhsxj]

You know Emma is small when she makes Bill look BIG:

P9100045.jpg

Thanks,
Steve

PS It was fun talking with lots of MB people this year in Vegas.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Adorable photo of Bill and his new grand-baby - thank you Steve for posting that. I had no idea, what great news though.

Someone sent me a photo of my testimonial for SFS in your booth. :mrgreen: Glad to see you guys are finally using it... I've always been a supporter of y'all. And you teach a great program, and you, Bill, and Chuck are all outstanding instructors.

As for Howard being paler this year... probably because he's had to hit the road to chase down more business. :shock:

LOL...

Maybe I'll run into you at the next gig, I think Florida sounds a bit more fun than Vegas, I'm tired of the nuclear blast heat.

Lisa

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
BarryOC said:
Hey Lisa,
I may have been the most boring. I ended up sharing a microphone with Jeff and that was not a good fit for me at all. I felt as if my microphone time was a waste of electricity.
On the humorous side someone (NOT ME) put cards for free drinks and free limo rides from the Sapphire Gentleman’s Club on the Sapphire Scientific display. The free lap dance for booking a party of 8 was a nice touch.
I got to hang out a little with Scott Warrenton and Tom Forsyth. Really great guys! Scott was the only person I saw wearing a Mikey’s Board T-Shirt. I was jealous, wish I had one!
I stopped by ARCS and shot a video and they wanted me to know that ARCS is s not the Amirkhan Rug Club Society. They had some wild idea that was floating around he Internet and they wanted to dispel the rumor.
Ellen was not in evidence but poor old Aaron was moping around the MasterBleed booth. It looked like a quiet show for him.
The Smurf squad had a very subdued booth with no equipment. Rumor has it that they are renaming their October event and naming it after the tub washer. i.e. Rub Summit to now is called the Rug Scum-pit.
I missed out on all the politics, I am so dumb I still haven’t figured out who the players are or what the were fighting over. I am sorry I did not get the chance to meet more people. The only big disappointment for me was not getting to meet you in the flesh. Maybe next time…
Barry

:mrgreen:

You have officially hit the top score for snarkiness...

I don't know about meeting me in the flesh... I'm much more fun as a Rug Chick Avatar.

Have fun at your NYC rug event. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos. And I'll catch you at the next event...

Lisa

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
BarryOC said:
Hey Lisa,
Barry

Too funny Barry~ I think I am pretty dumb too as I haven't figured out all the battles or players either. Or it may be cause I don't care lol. Good to meet you.

G

Thanks Lisa,
Me snarky? I will try to be nice. My life is a constant struggle between the Good Barry and his evil twin.
Maybe we need to keep things virtual. In my mind I see you as a cross between Marilyn vos Savant and Karolina Kurkova.

Hi Ken,
From on top of your mountain why should you care. From what I can see you are one of the top 5 rug cleaners in the country. So stay above the fights. Think about coming on the NYC Rug tour October 15th and 16TH. So far the trip has some of the best guys in the business and at least one other operator who is in the same ball park as you dollar wise. It will be a nice chance to see some great rugs and talk shop.
Best wishes,
Barry

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Good for you Ken.

Like I say, "When you start slinging shit some of it ultimately splashes back at you."

I thought drama was for the girls. 'till I started hearing from carpet cleaners.

Boy was I wrong!!

Name
Al
What are ya'll saying Bill Yeadon was not there? I waved at him everytime I passed Starbucks, but now that I think about it he never waved back. Maybe it was an engraved image of him that Starbucks uses to lure people in.

G

Attacking a guy for posting a picture of a baby and a proud grandpa is a new low even here. Go ahead Yoakum explain you way out of your hate filled diatribe. People are joking around and you turn it ugly. Shame!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
BarryOC said:
Attacking a guy for posting a picture of a baby and a proud grandpa is a new low even here. Go ahead Yoakum explain you way out of your hate filled diatribe. People are joking around and you turn it ugly. Shame!

huh?? :roll:

did I miss sump'um?

did it go over your head or mine???

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom