considering buying an ozone machine...

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
but I'm not sure which way to go. I think there are a few different types of technology:corona, UV, gas filled tubes and others too. And then there is the usual pissing contest that accompanies any comparisons... ie: Corona is better because it doesn't affect rubber, UV is better because corona/mica is old technology. Corona doesn't work as well as UV in higher humidity.

Then there are the output claims of grams or miligrams per hour, square feet or cubic feet treated per hour, etc..

Just looking for some help in deciding which is the best all around machine. I smart enough to know that there are pro's/con's and tradeoffs to be considered sometimes.

I was looking at US Products, PowrFlite and Maxblaster systems.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. :)
Bill

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Bill, I have two. one is the old carona dn as far as I'm concerned, if I need grunt, that's my choice. I was a 2 gram an hopur unit but has been upgraded and is possibly closer to 4 gram/hr. It does require higher maintenance and if you have staff, you'll not want to let anyone else do the cleaning on the plates because they are so fragile.

I also have a UV unit and find it capable on most jobs. It is more staff friendly I have fould in that it requires didly squat maintenance. However, the tubes can smash with a bit of rough and tumble treatment of the unit.

John

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've tried a lot of units over the years, but have been using the Rainbowair units for the last 15-years or so. They are nice and compact, ceramic plates to clean as maintenance.

We have a dozen of the 2-grams an hour units, two 4-Grams an hour and one 8-Grams an hour.

http://www.rainbowair.net/product/Rainb ... 600-II.cfm

ACF1A0.JPG

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Are the ceramic plate type fragile and if you don't clean them or put them back together properly, you minimize their output.. cause possible over-heating issues and potential fire hazzard? Not trying to be a dick.. I've read so many different "pros and cons" for and against this type or that one.

Also, I've been to MaxblasterUSA site.. they claim their system makes approx 16,000 milligrams or 16 grams per hour of ozone output.. all for just $410.. Rainbow's makes 2 grams per hour for $725?

What's up with that? That's 8 Rainbow machines for 1 Maxblaster?

Someone on the board here has 5 of them and he swore by them.. I typically don't go with the least expensive product available... but that's a lot of ozone for a little buck.
Thanks,
Bill

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No problem with the questions Bill.

I heard mica plates that the put in cheezy machines were brittle and had problems.

Yes they do need to be cleaned after use, but they are pretty durable.
We do replace individual plates as they go bad, get chipped or break.

We've used them for years and they are very powerful despite their size.

Masterblaster? I've not heard of them?

Our 8-Gram an hour unit cost us around $3,000.00 ten years ago.

If the Masterblaster is the real deal then that's a steal, I'd go with it!

Back
Top Bottom