cool cuffs or not?

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Definitely look like Cool Cuffs to me - non swivel type which are very durable in my experience and real easy to use.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
A few years back I ordered an unrelated product from and internet store. They sent me a couple sets of these for free, said they couldn't sell them cuz of patent violations. They are grey in color and are not interchanable with Cool Cuffs.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Those are Uncle Sal's Cuffs.He made those before the yellow ones. There is a long story about those that is pretty funny if anyone ever wants to call me about it. I heard Sal dumped them off in Europe so Pyshco Joe wouldn't hunt him down and shoot him.

Oh and no they don't work. The whole thing that makes Cool Cuffs work besides the latch was the tapered head with the groves. That was what is patented and what they didn't get right before making 10000 of those stupid things. I still laugh my ass off how that whole thing went down. I know I was right in the middle of it :)

Mikey P

Administrator
Those are Spraymaster cuffs.

It's been so long I can't quite remember what was wrong with them but they were pulled from the market pretty quick.

His new and improved yellow/push button cuffs were the next version.
The yellows would work good enough(good enough as in you refuse to support Bristor) if you never wanted to run the male directly to the wand

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I had a set of the gray cuffs a few years back, bought them from JWC when they were still around. I think I actually still have one left. IMO they sucked and were an inferior product. not to say that cool cuffs are superior because IMO they could be much better than what they are.

joe, if you read this, everyone thinks your a dipshit, EVERYONE can't be wrong. anyways now thats out of the way, here is my take on cool cuffs, joe's first cuffs had thin almost sharp ridges on the outside they were only about 1/10" of an inch wide. the also had NO latch, these were the very best cuffs I have ever used, infact if anyone knows of any new ones left over I would pay more than the price of the current new ones for them. They fit well enough to NOT need the latch they also don't leak. I have since bought 2 entire new sets with the latches, the latest ones and outfitted 2 sets of hoses with them, I was so disappointed by them, I took the old ones, the very first set I bought with the thin ridges, took the new ones off and put them on my backup unit, and still use them on my primary unit to this day, as even these old beat up cuffs still work better than the ones with a latch and the rounded wide ridges on the outside.

I sure wish someone would study joes patent, figure a way around it and make a better product, knowing joe, the patent probably isn't written all that well. I would even support interlink in such an effort in fact all past transgressions related to your past behavior in this regard would be forgiven. greenie, lisa, might as well say F' it and start making cuffs too, remember the reasons for making glides, the same situation is what we have with the cuffs.

clean one

I bought some of the yellow ones too. don't use them leak to much, i have the cool cuffs on most of my hose's now don't really like then either. The lock is always on the back side

bonesheal

I bought Cool Cuffs in 2007. They work great and are extremely durable. The ones with latches are the worst among them.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I use a lot of Joe's things and have had no problems with anything that I have ordered.........

G

Jim Martin said:
I use a lot of Joe's things and have had no problems with anything that I have ordered.........

I agree with this statement.

Dan Lloyd

I use the cool cuffs, but usually just leave them unlatched. The only thing that needs a latch is the 2 1/2 inch swivel, which doesn't have a latch and doesn't stay together very well.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
It seems that Joe is a passionate guy and maybe a little too vocal for some. I have always recieved what I ordered and it has worked as advertised. In fact I usually get a small freebe with each order. I get along with him just fine but I hear he does not sell direct anymore. Is that true?
Al

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
OK I think I will get it if I can get one more clue. I am going to say Bridgepoint or Interlink. Am I warm yet? I eliminated Jon Don because they don't carry his stuff.
Al
Ps Mikey, sometimes I think you know way too much about the inner workings of this industry!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I did some searching and I couldn't find joe's website anymore, he must have took it down so the hanks wouldn't be threatened. I was wanting to send joe a picture of the "right" cuffs that he once had.

Name
Nate W.
Askal said:
OK I think I will get it if I can get one more clue. I am going to say Bridgepoint or Interlink. Am I warm yet? I eliminated Jon Don because they don't carry his stuff.
Al
Ps Mikey, sometimes I think you know way too much about the inner workings of this industry!

The Hanks brothers own Bridgepoint and Interlink is there online store. BP and IL is the same. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom