cool cuffs

Tim V.

what do you use for cuffs? Cool Cuffs are falling apart, anything better out there?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Tim V. said:
what do you use for cuffs? Cool Cuffs are falling apart, anything better out there?

to be honest..I haven't found anything better then the cool cuffs...

Greenie

If it's a 2.5 coolcuff, he may have the "older" ones, they came apart pretty easily, the next generation was much better of the 2.5, so he may just need to return them to the place he bought them at....if it's 2" it's a different animal....just don't drop them cold....course it's the middle of winter...they are all cold. :shock:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Tim;

We like the 2" Cool Cuffs with the sliding metal locks for the best durability.
coolcuff1.jpg

You should try some, to see how they hold up in your operation.

Larry

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Get rid of the swivels and get the latched cool cuffs. I tried swivels and they leak and come apart and just generally suck, no problems with the latched though.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have had my same swivels for about 2 years now and they are still just as good..anytime they give me a problem and start coming apart I just lube it up and it is good to go...

Greenie

Many told him to make the 2.5 in locking....cause frankly, you don't need a swivel with 2.5, but someone at a higher paygrade decided it was a brillant idea, so swivels you got.

I have those swivels, only place I really "need" a swivel is at the wand. The 2" swivel MALE was the best coolcuff idea to this day, works great at the wand....notice I said swivel MALE...cause swivel females are stupid.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Ditto what Jim M said. The only problem I've run into is, the threads where the swivel part attaches, wears down and doesn't lock really good.

At that point its time for replacement.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Those swivels do leak like hell, but with the 2.5 upgrade I still have a ton of airflow.. I think a locking 2.5 would be great!

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Jim Martin said:
I have had my same swivels for about 2 years now and they are still just as good..anytime they give me a problem and start coming apart I just lube it up and it is good to go...

Yeah, but it doesn't get cold there either does it?

I run the 2" locking cuffs like Larry showed. They'd be 2-3 years old and never a problem until a month ago, I had like two break a week apart.

We are in our summer here so cold doesn't come into it but we were cleaning mutli storey apartments at the time and I wonder if they weren't broken when they fell down concrete staircases :roll:

Fortunately, I had some spares, unfortunately, JB won't seel to me anymore.

John

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
John - David at CSL told me they now stocked them...

I use the 2" swivel cuffs on the wand connection and on the first to second hose connection. I found the threads eventually became loose and Male to Female started coming apart, so I wrapped the threads with teflon thread tape and they now hold fast with no problems. The thread tape seems to stay in place as well to my surprise. Great accessories those cuffs :wink:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Heathrow said:
John - David at CSL told me they now stocked them...

I use the 2" swivel cuffs on the wand connection and on the first to second hose connection. I found the threads eventually became loose and Male to Female started coming apart, so I wrapped the threads with teflon thread tape and they now hold fast with no problems. The thread tape seems to stay in place as well to my surprise. Great accessories those cuffs :wink:

My first two hoses have latched cuffs and the next two have the twist lock. The last 2" hose (the lead) has a latch male if I need to connect to one or both of those first two hoses when I'm inside the house. Sound confusing? It can be. I do these mental puzzles to ward off dementia.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've got the 2.5" swivel CC. I like the swivel for when I'm connecting and disconnecting the hose from the truck, or to the hose in the reel, just give it a spin and off/on it goes! They do pop apart every now and then but its just a little inconvenience. I hear them leaking when but they stop leaking when I push them together a little.

The 2" male swivel would be awesome cause once I get the 2" on the wand it gets a bit stiff to swivel it. The 2" male swivel would work better for the guys running 2.5 direct to the wand.

The cool cuffs are afar cry better than the hose cuffs and barb connectors

TimP

Able 1 said:
Those swivels do leak like hell, but with the 2.5 upgrade I still have a ton of airflow.. I think a locking 2.5 would be great!

No need for a vac relief for sure....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom