cool custom built machine

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
I thought about going to look at this. Why do manufacturers not build something similar? Looks like you could get vortex power in a smaller package.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4725714618.html

This system was built in Charlotte, NC by Charlotte Joint & Clutch (drive shafts & PTO) & Quality Machine (base plate & frame) in the year 2000. The inspiration for this design was the way in which a fire engine pumps water at a fire scene. Fire engines power the pump with the truck's engine & transmission by diverting power from the rear axle, to the pump, by way of a split-shaft in the drive train. I designed my system to work exactly the same way.

The system in comprised of the following: Chelsea PTO, Sutorbilt 5MP Vacuum, Cat 350 pressure pump, Butler heat exchanger, 38 gallon recovery tank, Hypro waste pump, White Magic electric vacuum reel, solution & fresh water reels, 200' vacuum hose, 150' solution hose.

Here is a video to demonstrate the power of this design & how easy it is to set up:

I am the original owner of this van. The odometer shows 336,202 miles & the machine hours are 5,051. The miles shown on the odometer reflect job time as well as road miles.
The following truck components have recently been replaced: Transmission, serpentine belt, radiator, upper & lower hoses, all filters, spark plugs & wires & exhaust system, wiper blades. The following machine components are brand new: Cat Pump, Butler Heat Exchanger, Pressure & Vacuum Gauges, Vacuum Tank Lid Gasket.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikey P

Administrator
When I started with Coit they had a former Prochem employee there who designed and built much the same unit just for them.

Had a wall mounted/Cabin style propane heater and was as simple as could be. Everything was mounted to the floor of the vans, no frames, no pump out, no gauges, no belt shields, just a dema valve and a gph flow meter.

i think it may have had a waste tank.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
55 mph???. Neat idea but at 55 mph and vacuum relief at 17ish and you hear it bog down....

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Probably the toughest rig is a Cleanco installed in a cab forward truck where they run 4 belts though the bed to a PTO. Its a long drive to take a diesel cargo truck to Canada, but it's a set up that could last 15+ years? If my wife and I could move to a non homeowners association house I'd ditch my homebuilt slideins and get that rig. Be like Men in Black, the last suit you'll ever own.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom