Cool products at MFs

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Disregard, I think it's got one of those dial regulators so it might be tough to say...

The Clean Machine

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
You will love it! I just finished 2000 sq/ft of wool berber and with dual hole glides, man did it dry fast. Less time then VLM. The Zipper is the best money I have spent on equipment in many years.
I hope so Bill, as you were one of the people I listened to when I decided to buy.

Put it to test today on an empty 1000 s.f. place. I haven't got it all down as far as efficiency goes, yet. However,it cleaned better than a regular wand even without pre-spray and it definitely got dry a lot faster.

I still did the dry passes as I am used to (old habits die hard) and actually got a lot of extra water extracted that way. I'll need more time to learn it, as it still feels a little cumbersome. Edging and occasional passes with the wand still needed, but for first time use I was very impressed.

P.S. Eric, the little spring loaded water valve lock, keeps on locking it in the on (spray water) position. Any way of locking it so that it does not do it?

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That sounds promising! Hopefully thats a good buy for you.

Not that you're not picky or anything but keep me updated on your thoughts as you use it. I'd also like to hear how it does on glue down.

Erik sure is builds them nice and solid.

Reactions: amygeorge and ruff
Name
Bill Soukoreff
I hope so Bill, as you were one of the people I listened to when I decided to buy.

Put it to test today on an empty 1000 s.f. place. I haven't got it all down as far as efficiency goes, yet. However,it cleaned better than a regular wand even without pre-spray and it definitely got dry a lot faster.

I still did the dry passes as I am used to (old habits die hard) and actually got a lot of extra water extracted that way. I'll need more time to learn it, as it still feels a little cumbersome. Edging and occasional passes with the wand still needed, but for first time use I was very impressed.

P.S. Eric, the little spring loaded water valve lock, keeps on locking it in the on (spray water) position. Any way of locking it so that it does not do it?

I find efficiency in residential is not as dramatic as on commercial with the Zipper, but you clean deeper and with with faster dry times for way less effort, which is important for me as an owner op. I rarely dry pass with the Zipper. If it is a light clean, I turn down the pressure to 300 and trigger only on the forward stroke and pull straight back, thus you get in two dry strokes with no extra time or effort. Remember one dry pass is really two on the Zipper. This will leave those carpets dry to touch in 30 minutes. Same deal on wool area rugs. On moderate to severe, I crank it up and blast the carpets with the trigger on all the time.

The valve lock you just pull it out while the trigger is pulled and turn it a half turn so it does not go in the channel cut. Then it is manual trigger mode. It is a very simple mechanism. Look under neath and see what it is doing. One you understand how it works, you quickly figure out how to use it. Any questions on the Zipper, a quick call to Eric is all that is needed. Some things are easier explained on talking. He is super responsive.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Can you essentially clean your way IN to a commercial facility rather than OUT with the Zipper? This might help with hose management and efficiency. Less setting a wand down and dragging hose? It might be cool to clean in, to the farthest point, then disconnect everything and roll your hoses up. Maybe I'm missing something?

The Clean Machine

Reactions: tmdry

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
that upl tool looks "cool"...that's appealing about it
But it'll look like chit after a year or so of crew use nicks and scratches .

maybe a boutique single owner/op that's fastidious might keep it nice longer, but on a "working truck" it won't be so "cool looking" for very long

..L.T.A.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
that upl tool looks "cool"...that's appealing about it
But it'll look like chit after a year or so of crew use nicks and scratches .

maybe a boutique single owner/op that's fastidious might keep it nice longer, but on a "working truck" it won't be so "cool looking" for very long

..L.T.A.
That's expected why it would be a replaceable part just like the windows on upholstery tools. The SS tool isn't for BDCC they don't buy them anyway so it won't matter what their opinion is since they wouldn't ever buy one anyway. And before anyone else decides to throw out negative opinions on something that isn't even for sale remember
this is only a request for those that would be wiling to beta test something and it might not even happen if it doesn't work.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Thanks, I had a great time at Mikey's Fest. There were a lot of very knowledgeable carpet cleaners at the event. I appreciate all of the feedback that was given from everyone. It was great to have so much input in one place. All of the speakers did a great job sharing very useful information that I'm sure will help a lot of board members with their business. Also, it was very generous of CU and Damian to help me get around town. Thanks everyone, look forward to next year!

Dan- As soon as I get the handles into production, I will post some photos.

Bill- Thanks for all of your help answering questions about the Zipper. Your help is greatly appreciated. As far as the new handle, as soon as I get them into production, they will be available for purchase. I have a very special price for you! :winky:

Reactions: Mark Saiger
J

JS41035

Well said.
Beta testing by cleaners BEFORE they sell them? We've been begging for that. Make it easy on them. If it doesn't work, out be grateful that the didn't just slap it together and charge full price. At this point I'm sure they have a TON in R&D expense . I'm sure they are anxious to get some of that money back. Waiting and working the bugs out. That sets companies apart. A lot of fantastic ideas were released just a little bit too soon.

Reactions: GCCLee

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

I donno, I'm a BD and I have one
Do you know what that clear plastic would look like after a few thousand theater seats?
Or mopst com "production" work

I have a pretty good idea

And before anyone else decides to throw out negative opinions on something that isn't even for sale remember
this is only a request for those that would be wiling to beta test something and it might not even happen if it doesn't work

are you taking pain meds for your back?
suffering from jet lag?
or just need some rest?
cause This isn't your beta testing SALES thread

Now, should I turn around so you can KMA??
or what...:errf:

.L.T.A.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Can you essentially clean your way IN to a commercial facility rather than OUT with the Zipper? This might help with hose management and efficiency. Less setting a wand down and dragging hose? It might be cool to clean in, to the farthest point, then disconnect everything and roll your hoses up. Maybe I'm missing something?
The Clean Machine
That's definitely worth trying. I know that's what some of the rotary people do.

That sounds promising! Hopefully thats a good buy for you.

Not that you're not picky or anything but keep me updated on your thoughts as you use it. I'd also like to hear how it does on glue down.

Erik sure is builds them nice and solid.

I will Richard. However, I hardly do any commercial.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

EDIC

Name
Rick
What did you like?

I love this...

20140220_145029_zps7a3fb01d.jpg

20140220_145036_zps08e5e734.jpg

No it's not for sale or an option...Yet. I have the one and only Clear Uph Pro. Give me six months to see how it holds up and it just may be available cause its way bitchen to use. Customers will love it.

The EDIC 500 hooked to a zipper did a far better than expected job at recovery. Two gallons out and look what we recovered..

20140222_154609_zpsc9fde3b2.jpg

20140222_154652_zps3fe1c869.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdErA_RwJB0

The new and improved Zipper was a huge hit as well..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzDX2nT97Pc

Mikey,
Glad to see these results. Looks like you had a great show!

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
The Galaxy sure drew a crowd! I couldn't get away from it for a long time. I think Mike called it the mini V of porties.

We can talk royalties later : )

Sent from da middle of a Trailure park

Mikey P

Administrator
We cleaned some filthy arm covers in a bucket yesterday. The water turned to mud. Using the clear SS tool to empty the bucket we were surprised that the brown couldn't be seen...just bubbles. Maybe with a lesser machine the water would move slower and show the color more?

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
The Galaxy sure drew a crowd! I couldn't get away from it for a long time. I think Mike called it the mini V of porties.

We can talk royalties later : )

Sent from da middle of a Trailure park

I've used a lot of portables in my day and I've never had a portable recover as much water as the Galaxy .. I love it so much I bought another .. my 1st went 7yrs without a problem and when it did, it cost me less than $50 ..

That blue speckle color is pretty sharp looking. :icon_cool:

The blue and grey granite look hides the dirt pretty good since I don't shine my machine ..

The clear uph tool is awesome looking .. but if you're gonna buy it to see dirty water, you might wanna test it first cause I don't think you will .. I'd like a chrome looking casing .. now that'd be cool .. the dirt terminator

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom