Corner guard idea

Bob Foster

Why not put a velcro strip on the bottom of them so they'll stay in place?

The hoses won't drag them off the corner as easy and also you might be able to use them around stair posts.

Anybody ever heard of this or tried it before?

Jamesh921

Name
James
Well, sounds like a good idea, but wouldn't you have to put velcro on their floor too - to keep the guard in place? Would that be OK with your custy?

Bob Foster

What got me thinking about this was I dropped my stair rail hose hook on the floor and the Velcro stuck really well to the carpet.

Mike Draper

I usually pt a couple of screws through the bottom into the floor. That usually hold it down real good. shiteatinggrin

steve g

Name
steve garrett
ummm the corner shield idea was another one of those ideas that got copied by a company just changing the product slightly. not mentioning any names or anything. all I am saying is you better darn well make sure you have your patent written air tight before you bring out anything new to the CC industry.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Jamesh921 said:
Well, sounds like a good idea, but wouldn't you have to put velcro on their floor too - to keep the guard in place? Would that be OK with your custy?
If the carpet has a "loop" texture the "hook" side of the velcro would grip well. Give it a try, Bob, and let us know how it works. (My guess is your challenge will be keeping the velcro attached to the bottom side of the plate. But maybe you know some super contact cement.)

Steve Toburen
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS I got a good idea recently on corner guards from a SFS student. He puts one of the 4" x 8" ScotchGard stickers on each corner guard. He says it is surprising how many clients will say, "I didn't know you applied ScotchGard!"

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Great ideas.

I'd give it a try, you'll probably have to change the velcro often but so what.

Jack's idea sounds good to. If cut right it probably hugs the corner well.

I don't sell much protector but the idea of putting the stickers on the guards is great. Hummm, does Cobb have stickers?

Albert

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Steve Toburen said:
Jamesh921 said:
If the carpet has a "loop" texture the "hook" side of the velcro would grip well. Give it a try, Bob, and let us know how it works. (My guess is your challenge will be keeping the velcro attached to the bottom side of the plate. But maybe you know some super contact cement.)

Steve Toburen
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS I got a good idea recently on corner guards from a SFS student. He puts one of the 4" x 8" ScotchGard stickers on each corner guard. He says it is surprising how many clients will say, "I didn't know you applied ScotchGard!"

I had a vinyl company put Scotchgard, Tile and Grout, Upholstery, Air ducts, water damage, ect on all of them. We had the same response as your student. Red bold lettering on yellow really stood out well.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I set up corner guards as a precaution.....the idea is still do wide sweeps and not touch them....

on stairs..I cut a slot into a few of them and velcro them to the bottom of the bannister....these are the only ones that need held in place because of the weight of the hose does not play nice.........

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
now theres a good idea!!

That would work nice for those 3 sided bulkhead protectors, even taking a sheet of flexible plastic and bending it around the stair post, fastening it to the post. would be rounder bend.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom